Sign in to follow this  
Twmaster

$(*^(*#&*$@!!! Tamiya!!

Ok, What is wrong with the folks at Tamiya? I need a new pair of rear tires for my Baja Champ and cannot get these here in the USA. Good grief!! The Baja King (A new model) takes the exact same darn tire/wheels and yet I cannot buy these new???

*sigh* I feel better now.

I could send you some. They are about $13 a pair here and shipping would be about $6 so you would have to really want them I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by Bibbo

I could send you some. They are about $13 a pair here and shipping would be about $6 so you would have to really want them I guess.

id="quote">id="quote">

I may take you up on that. Lemme stew on this a bit first.

quote:
Originally posted by snollan

Why can you not get them here?

id="quote">id="quote">

That is a good question. I have checked with my two sources for new Tamiya parts and both say the number of the tires (53093) is not listed therefor not available. Silly huh?

Cheers,

Screw-um call 1-800-tamiya-a and order direct. If it's not in stock they wont back order. If you leave a message they wont call back. Other than that pull the part number out of the back of your manual and talk to them. I've ordered from them before.

Your right though I checked with tower and cannot find them.

53092/53093 is also listed as OP92/OP93 so perhaps these 'OP' numbers might make more sense to whoever's looking.

(Over here I think the spares catalog has them listed both as "Blazing Star" tyres, which I suspect that's wrong since (1) the BS uses 'XC' type tyres and (2) the BS has same tyres all round.)

Yea Willy I even tried looking for them as OP numbers. (50xxx = SP) (53xxx = OP) Just does not make any sense being both the Baja Champ and King are still current.

Ah, just buy some mini pins from Proline.

Those original Tamiya tyres don't grip anything too well, works best on short mown/rolled grass and that's about it. Tarmac wears them out within 10 runs.