Pintopower

Finally Finishing The ReRe Honda City Turbo

I am sure many of you recall my distaste for the chassis and despicable design flaws of the Wheeler so I will focus on the positives here. 

I have completed all the detailing on the wheels I printed and the light lens kit I made. The printed grills are done and so I started on the shell finally. I always felt that the body was far too cluttered and messy so I shaved off the hood pins and the antenna mount on the roof. Then unused holes were filled in and the body primered. I really wanted to chop off those hood vents as I hate them but alas, I am not made of time. Instead I found a paint scheme with a matte black hood so that the color can do the hiding for me. I put down color one for the first stripe:

28523953296_abf8b075da_c.jpg

I use PS paints as the paint melts the primer and makes it bond chemically. This is very dangerous as too much of the PS paint too quickly and the primer will blister. Since the whole car is getting cleared after, it wont matter. I masked the yellow and added orange:

28625735191_c1c76da0e0_c.jpg

28597653022_240f235025_c.jpg

I will prime the car again and them shoot a base of medium grey and then dark pink. This will give a magenta color for the wheel arches. Then the lower lip of the car is shot black. This will be fun to finish finally. I am concurrently painting Hornet II, Hornet III, Grasshopper 2 and FAV. I find I am more efficient in batches.

The light lenses, grills and rims are all in TC Designs and I have a video here too:

I'll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

Lol I wondered if you had finished it yet. 

I have all your parts ready to go but I too have not had time to finish off my 4x4 wheeler chassis. 

33 minutes ago, Jamesssb said:

Lol I wondered if you had finished it yet. 

I have all your parts ready to go but I too have not had time to finish off my 4x4 wheeler chassis. 

Yes it is hard to finish it when I am perpetually shouting at it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Yes it is hard to finish it when I am perpetually shouting at it. 

Lol, it's not that bad. 

Ahhhh so that's how you paint it go get a stripe lol... Easy when you know how! Thanks man will keep watching this. 

11 hours ago, Jamesssb said:

Lol, it's not that bad. 

But it is! It's so awful! It wont turn... :angry: You are making me want to go home and shout at that terrible car! :lol:

11 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Ahhhh so that's how you paint it go get a stripe lol... Easy when you know how! Thanks man will keep watching this. 

Yeah, it is one way. Honestly, they are a massive pain but I like it. If you want to see lots of stripes take a look at my Pajero:

While I personally think it is a great car, I do have to respect your perseverance and dedication for putting all this work into a subject you do not care that much for. It appears as if you see past the flaws you find in it and recognize its potential for customization and excellent modifications.

I apologize if it sounds like I am generalizing your situation, Pinto, but you have put in some amazing effort into modifying the Honda City Turbo. I look forward to the finished paintwork!

On 8/2/2016 at 11:35 AM, Grastens said:

While I personally think it is a great car, I do have to respect your perseverance and dedication for putting all this work into a subject you do not care that much for. It appears as if you see past the flaws you find in it and recognize its potential for customization and excellent modifications.

I apologize if it sounds like I am generalizing your situation, Pinto, but you have put in some amazing effort into modifying the Honda City Turbo. I look forward to the finished paintwork!

No see I do love it. That is why I hate it so much. Doesn't that makes sense?:blink:

• Like 2

You should build a 4wd chassis like I have. Drives Much better mate 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jamesssb said:

You should build a 4wd chassis like I have. Drives Much better mate 👍

Pictures or link please :)

WOW, it is looking like it will be very cool to see it done. You hate it so much you love it, or love it so much you hate it, well at least it can't scream back at you.

I think your theme song will be an adjusted lyric of a rap song and go something like:

I LIKE BIG LITES AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER BROTHERS CANNOT LIE

That is as far as I got, but I guess you figured that out.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2016 at 8:10 PM, Crash Cramer said:

WOW, it is looking like it will be very cool to see it done. You hate it so much you love it, or love it so much you hate it, well at least it can't scream back at you.

I think your theme song will be an adjusted lyric of a rap song and go something like:

I LIKE BIG LITES AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER BROTHERS CANNOT LIE

That is as far as I got, but I guess you figured that out.

Will I ever be able to get that out of my head?

Final color coats have been applied! I am so in love with the body on this that for a fleeting moment I forgot how much I hate this car.

Primed the magenta coat to paint the silver:

28809936096_94e627c276_c.jpg

Painted the silver:

28226125143_fcccc46487_c.jpg

masked the silver for the low gloss black hood and some trim:

28226114313_91aba570e8_c.jpg

And then the moment I have been waiting for! 30 minuted of peeling masking tape yielded this:

28223740264_c964af3f70_c.jpg

28223731604_2421bf8ee3_c.jpg

28223735794_eb545e695d_c.jpg

The car needs to be color sanded, touched up a tad, trim detailed and then the hood masked and the whole car clear coated. Then the lenses I made along with my grills can go in. Finally. This has been a heck of a thorn and a pretty good nod to the concept:

28040954162_3f3f8e368b_c.jpg

• Like 6

How about filling in the side back window and make it a huge bubble like on the van. I'd also paint the lower portion of the body which in online from under the bumpers with the same black you used for the hood

Holy wow, you will have the ONLY one like it, EVER. I am guessing that telling you to put some black on the Naca ducts is required, but you did state it isn't done yet.

Can't wait to see this running....... and taking it's first jump ;p

Superb!

3 hours ago, Shodog said:

How about filling in the side back window and make it a huge bubble like on the van. I'd also paint the lower portion of the body which in online from under the bumpers with the same black you used for the hood

The bubble window was the plan but the car is too small for it I think. Then I spent a while looking at how to cut the black on the bottom of the car with my wife. There were so many inconsistent body lines that there just was no place we liked to paint the black. This car has the worst body lines on the planet, especially for a paint job like this. I really picked the wrong car. 

1 hour ago, Crash Cramer said:

Holy wow, you will have the ONLY one like it, EVER. I am guessing that telling you to put some black on the Naca ducts is required, but you did state it isn't done yet.

You know I was going to but then my wife wanted to see them yellow. The ducts are what I used to align the yellow stripe. We will see. I am not too confidant on that.

29 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Can't wait to see this running....... and taking it's first jump ;p

Superb!

Jump?!?!?! I see you are unfamiliar with my driving style :huh:

Thank you!

I'm loving this! The paint job really suits the cartoony -boxy body shape. I have another one to build and paint, but I was going for a Transformers 'Skids' paint job....

Just now, lupogtiboy said:

I'm loving this! The paint job really suits the cartoony -boxy body shape. I have another one to build and paint, but I was going for a Transformers 'Skids' paint job....

Dude seriously I almost did that one! I was so close but then I saw this van and said i needed to have that van or something that looked like it. This was cheaper. I even thought I could do one of these two:

5802867695_30e7a97591_z.jpg

My brother and son are both HUGE Transformers fans so I am going to do his G1 blue colours and maybe paint the gold stripe on, should be quite an easy paintjob, though knowing me it won't go according to plan!

32 minutes ago, lupogtiboy said:

My brother and son are both HUGE Transformers fans so I am going to do his G1 blue colours and maybe paint the gold stripe on, should be quite an easy paintjob, though knowing me it won't go according to plan!

Well it will look great though isn't the stripe red and silver? Its been a while. 

1 hour ago, lupogtiboy said:

Yes you are correct sir!

transformers-g1-0071_1191460572.jpg

Yes, I have him sitting on my desk at home, haha!

Those colours are so loud I could hear the shell before logging in! You did a great job on the paint, and as Crash Cramer said, it will likely be the only one so finished ;)