Jason1145

Jason's Re-Re Blitzer Beetle Pics, Vids, Upgrades.

They're 100mm diameter and 54mm width. I thought I had some old original rears to compare them with, but I couldn't find them...

It certainly shifts now jason! B) Are you okay with it popping powere wheelies all the time though? May be some weight added to the front would keep it more planted so you coikd keep the throttle open for longer.

Yes the wheelie thing gets a bit boring... especially as I am dragging my heels in getting my basher lexan shell painted up and all the while scratching up/ruining the lovely Black Hard shell :lol:

I'm impressed at the gearbox handling the power this well...... thought these Tamiya's were little powder puffs but they can roar now and then. I will consider the weight thing, should be easy enough to zip tie something to the front bumper, cheers for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Going better now mate :) 

I stopped using my Dirt Hawgs on concrete due to the wheelies, my original EZRun brushless motor was scratched to death. 

You want to be removing weight not adding to it, make it go faster ;) Can you not adjust the punch on the brushless system? I think I have mine set quite low. 

@Jason1145 Looks like you're running with loads of toe-out - or is it just the camera?

I wonder if anyone has successfully fitted a wheelie bar to this chassis...

1 hour ago, Gruntfuggly said:

@Jason1145 Looks like you're running with loads of toe-out - or is it just the camera?

I wonder if anyone has successfully fitted a wheelie bar to this chassis...

That last vid still screenshot shows the front shock has collapsed and gives it the toe out look lol.... otherwise it's pretty straight on.

I'd love a wheelie bar of some sort.

Photo's from the last run showing the collapsed shock, it had unscrewed itself but it's all back together now. Also the motor is getting scratched from wheelies, will keep an eye on this.

Also got round to trimming my Parma Beetle shell.... it has a cool wing I might try to fit on aswell but I doubt double sided tape will hold up to a roof roll.. might have to drill and nut/bolt it on.

Worst case I will just plant the lexan shell over the hard body like a helmet for protection :lol:

uel5KcC.jpg

jp6I5xv.jpg

3DQRHWg.jpg

KicSE6A.jpg

yzmpr4D.jpg

HhBvgit.jpg

1DO89i2.jpg

C2OvcTs.jpg

QlRktBD.jpg

• Like 2

Item no 4

Thats the ESC programme menu tree for launch/punch control.... Was set at maximum from the factory, now it's set at value 1 and bench testing shows it's more sluggish from the get go.. No more wheelies hopefully.

thats the trouble using generic non branded cheap esc's that come with no instructions... Luckily these seem to follow the Hobbywing menu trees so I soon figured out what the beeps were correlating to.

finally actually looked at your brushless system, it's the exact same one I ran in mine for a time (it's currently in my df02 rising storm), punch lvl 2 will make it a bit better off the mark, and in the right conditions give you wheelies, but in most conditions wheel spin. The hobbywing led program card is nice and cheap, and will make it super easy to change the settings in it instead of counting beeps and flashing led lights :)

I remember you looking for some tyres that fit your rims jason and don't have that stretched euro look. I saw these on the aqroshot. The rims look the same as your blitzer beetle. Would they fit the bill for tarmac running. Looks like they wouldn't wear as fast. Hopefully someone can confirm these will fit your rims. They do look the same though.

tamiya-aqroshot-3_zpskc7n9jur.jpg

• Like 1

yes that's the same wheel as for the Blitzer Beetle! Good eye Terz, will keep an eye out for these tyres now thanks :)

• Like 1

hmm, that was foolish of me, I'd seen those and already knew they were the same size as blitzer wheels, coz those are stadium thunder rims one it *lol*

Have a hunt back through the builds section, I know someone here has built 2 of them for their kids and didn't like the grip levels of the tyres so replaced them, they may just be sitting in a spare parts box....

Effigy fitted Proline 1071 Dirt Hawgs same as me and he reported the inward tyre sidewall too, this tyre is just too narrow for my liking.

I can't tell if the Proline Gladiators fit any better, as in, no stretch Euro look on the sidewall.

Thanks for the links though, it atleast helps me rule out the Tarmac spinning no gripping Aqroshot tyres :)

I have proline gladiators, they have really good grip, fit the rim perfectly, just have one small problem....

DSC_0777.JPG

as you can see, they are quite large compared to the kit tyre

those tires stink! I have them on my street rover they slip and slide all over! ...But they do last long!

Lol those Gladiators could give a Monster drag racer look to the Blitzer then with the raised rear end! That's something I like the look of!

Lexan shell painted, nearly forgot to attach the rear wing!

I chose this colour scheme because I had these 3 half started cans so thought it could use them up, the chrome in the middle kind of gets overtaken by the green and pink... all backed with white, maybe I could just cover the whole inside with black now the window masks are out and it would not only blacken the windows but might make the colours a bit darker?

I decided to angle/mount the shell with a nose down stance like a drag racer, onto the pics..

ikU8LEO.jpg

ikU8LEO.jpg

apwSEJn.jpg

IfEM269.jpg

IGIvSe1.jpg

ybUyg84.jpg

TTMqi8p.jpg

JNuLodF.jpg

IbhiHBf.jpg

2QbwD4s.jpg

enw0MKa.jpg

B5WBPTw.jpg

Wing attached with a single bolt to allow it to spin and not rip if it landed on this part, like a windmill.

oWn0JGx.jpg

XmQy2Tl.jpg

geb79i3.jpg

Nz3C8fE.jpg

TE21x0K.jpg

• Like 3

Looking good, it's come out well :)

The HPI Yokohama Geolander tyres are a good fit on the blitzer rims and come with tyre foams...

gallery_28308_2409_69325.jpg

• Like 1

Any word on the grip ability of the Geolanders? Can get them for about £15 a set which is ok, would need new rims too at £7.99 for a rear set too, but not if they are like Aqroshot slippery compound.

Grippy. Much grippier than Tamiya compounds on the blitzer tyres, and much grippier than the Bruiser and lunchbox tyres too. The Aqro tyres feel reasonably grippy to the touch but I haven't used them yet.

• Like 1

Great job on the shell. You got a nice faded transition from one colour to the next. I've never attempted to do that but it looks really good. That chrome really does give a good chrome effect too. So many paints fail to do that. It may be the shiney surface of the lexan shell that helps it. What brand of paints did you use and where did you get them from? Sometimes with the small tamiya cans I feel the need to buy two cans to get the coverage I like.

Oh and that first look at your paint job when peeling back the protective film. Love it! B)

• Like 1

That shell looks fantastic :o

To my amazement, I have found the standard Tamiya tyres to be by far the best option for running on grass, very grippy, perfect stance and the motor generates zero heat.