Jason1145

Jason's Re-Re Blitzer Beetle Pics, Vids, Upgrades.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, Terz1 said:

Great job on the shell. You got a nice faded transition from one colour to the next. I've never attempted to do that but it looks really good. That chrome really does give a good chrome effect too. So many paints fail to do that. It may be the shiney surface of the lexan shell that helps it. What brand of paints did you use and where did you get them from? Sometimes with the small tamiya cans I feel the need to buy two cans to get the coverage I like.

Oh and that first look at your paint job when peeling back the protective film. Love it! B)

They were Fastrax paints, always come in 150ml cans which is why I like em, plenty to do a shell with ;p

I got them off Ebay all within the UK, but a couple years back now, they have been gathering dust, glad they still worked!

• Like 1

Great I'll have to check those out. I've always liked the fastrax stuff I've bought. And that's great news them being 150ml. I'll be able to get a nice covering with those.

Finally got to GPS this Blitzer on the current set up... thought it would be quicker but still respectful.

3300kv brushless motor

13t pinion (can up it to 15t if minded)

2s lipo

Top speed = 27MPH

Enjoy.....

• Like 3

Anyone fitted the Blitzer Beetle Driver figure, Part Tree P from the build but I don't have the manual..... how does the head attach to the body?

10 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Anyone fitted the Blitzer Beetle Driver figure, Part Tree P from the build but I don't have the manual..... how does the head attach to the body?

The body of the driver connects the the side of the shell with a kind of L piece. I think I have a pic somewhere...

You have to glue it on. 

Hi Ian, I just had a quick look at the manual online... yep I saw the L shape bracket needs cementing onto the inside of the shell, so the drivers head also needs gluing onto the body of the driver?

Did you fit your driver?

10 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Hi Ian, I just had a quick look at the manual online... yep I saw the L shape bracket needs cementing onto the inside of the shell, so the drivers head also needs gluing onto the body of the driver?

Did you fit your driver?

Possibly mate, tbh it has been a few years since I did one, my blitzer has no driver (built for lightweight :) ) but my Monster Beetle has one and it's the same body and driver. 

4 minutes ago, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Possibly mate, tbh it has been a few years since I did one, my blitzer has no driver (built for lightweight :) ) but my Monster Beetle has one and it's the same body and driver. 

Cool, this driver I bought is for another car anyway... but the same principle of the L shape bracket might work well, cheers.

I clocked my blitzer at 41mph on 3s but really struggled keeping the front end down on anything past half- throttle. :D Good fun.

Just got a RW 0.6 15t hardened pinion in... Should top 50mph now.. Motor was cool as a cucumber after the last attempt too. Speed run2 to come soon.

Errr update.... the 0.6 pinion was incorrect - this actually needs a 32dp pinion.... so no go for now.

New top speed with the 15t pinion, the little 2600mah 3s lipo doesn't last too long but long enough for a few high speed runs and flips!

49.7 MPH (80 KPH)

• Like 1

That looks great :o

I am amazed that your little GPS device survives sitting on the wing in the event of a crash  :o I have found the Beetle to be very stable but once they go in to a flip it's all over :lol:

On 24/9/2016 at 4:26 PM, Terz1 said:

I remember you looking for some tyres that fit your rims jason and don't have that stretched euro look. I saw these on the aqroshot. The rims look the same as your blitzer beetle. Would they fit the bill for tarmac running. Looks like they wouldn't wear as fast. Hopefully someone can confirm these will fit your rims. They do look the same though.

tamiya-aqroshot-3_zpskc7n9jur.jpg

They fit but perform like 4 pieces of soap, IMHO

• Like 2

Yes I think you're right. A few others at the time mentioned that also. 

Yes unfortunately that's the general consensus ;)

Im happy with the Dirt Hawgs for now, might try a slightly taller tyre to egg some more speed if possible... 

You need a front spoiler akin to something alike a Pikes Peak Audi Quattro in the pic so downforce will be generated at speed.

Audi_S1_Pikes_Peak.jpg

Would a front lip spoiler actually work on these little cars? Anyone had experience to notice a difference?

Fastest run yet... got an extra 4KPH out of it by reducing the added front weight a smidge... now hitting 84KPH - 52.2MPH

• Like 2

Thanks for the help Jason along the way. I too have finished my stadium thunder. 

IMG_8054.JPG

• Like 3