Hibernaculum

What's the rarest vintage R/C item you own?

No idea if its considered rare or not, but I found this Joustra Land Cruiser at a boot sale a few years back, shame about the crack in the roof, but I think it's repairable

DSC06012.JPG

• Like 1

Fun and interesting topic!

The rarest vintage RC item I own has got to be a Marui Samurai, all original with its stock MSC, period correct electronics and remote (a Challenger 3, wish I could feel half of its good quality on my modern transmitters).

It's a shelfer, but I take it out and run it once in a while -lightly, of course.

20200912-134030.jpg

20200710-201105.jpg

• Like 11

I also have this Porsche 936, not a Tamiya one though. There's one on eBay at the moment for a stupid £350!! I bought this for £10 at a bootsale!

img24472_20072008213942_1_1100_.thumb.jpg.e28804da473885e60d1e653bd15866be.jpg

img24472_20072008213942_2_1100_.jpg

img24472_20072008213942_4_1100_.jpg

• Like 2

Ballerina 600 RC boat -  part of a vintage find from a few years ago.   

Don't know anything about this RC boat, except it is an early one .. check out those tail fins. :)

Last image is with my HG-407 to show the scale. 

Ballerina_008.JPG

Ballerina_011.JPG

Ballerina_014.JPG

• Like 5

On 10/7/2016 at 10:26 PM, Flat_Out said:

I've always wanted one of these, but they don't come up for sale often, and are expensive to have shipped to the US.  It's one of the few VW R/C cars I don't have in my collection.

Has anyone got any photos of this car made up. The image on the box of the model looks like the first couple of Tamiya chassis, but the box art looks different. This kit fascinates me. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Alwb68 said:

Has anyone got any photos of this car made up. The image on the box of the model looks like the first couple of Tamiya chassis, but the box art looks different. This kit fascinates me. Thanks.

Never seen this RC kit before, looks interesting.  

There is one currently for sale on Ebay. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mirrorman said:

Never seen this RC kit before, looks interesting.  

There is one currently for sale on Ebay. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Cheers Mirrorman, it’s funny how much that chassis pic on the box looks like an early Tamiya design. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alwb68 said:

Cheers Mirrorman, it’s funny how much that chassis pic on the box looks like an early Tamiya design. Thanks.

Yes, very much like the Tamiya

VWGolf.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mirrorman said:

Yes, very much like the Tamiya

VWGolf.jpg

Lovely Golf, very nice. I don’t understand why they don’t re-release the originals.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:21 AM, Alwb68 said:

Lovely Golf, very nice. I don’t understand why they don’t re-release the originals.

Yes that is a nicely made Golf, unfortunately it is not mine.  I just used the image to show the chassis. 

Not sure why Tamiya chose to re-release this Golf and the Renault on the M05 chassis.  Maybe they thought a cheaper and easier chassis to maintain would make the re-res a sales winner. They certainly were correct with the Golf version, that one flew of the shelves. 

I would like to see both the Golf and Renault on this original chassis though, even a special limited run.  I'd pay the extra for it .. and parts may become easier to find too. 

16 hours ago, Mirrorman said:

Yes that is a nicely made Golf, unfortunately it is not mine.  I just used the image to show the chassis. 

Not sure why Tamiya chose to re-release this Golf and the Renault on the M05 chassis.  Maybe they thought a cheaper and easier chassis to maintain would make the re-res a sales winner. They certainly were correct with the Golf version, that one flew of the shelves. 

I would like to see both the Golf and Renault on this original chassis though, even a special limited run.  I'd pay the extra for it .. and parts may become easier to find too. 

I couldn’t agree more. I’d say there’s a good market for the originals and also spare parts. I’m probably showing my age, but a lot of the modern kits don’t interest me. Each to there own and I can appreciate the way Tamiya keep moving forwards. But surely the retro, nostalgia, vintage market would be more than happy to buy these original kits.

• Like 1

This is maybe the rarest i own.

It's a King Model AKM777 Leopard. Almost none informations to be found in the net, i have only seen a guy on RC10 talk who has one, too.
I'm currently about to restore the body, clear from layers of paint which is very tricky without destroying the original decals on the outside.

I guess the brand AKM was only very short on the market and this is one of their first models that came out. 

_DSC2608 (2).jpg

_DSC2612 (2).jpg

_DSC2614 (2).jpg

• Like 8

For me, I think it has to be the MRE Gas Conversion Chassis Set for Tamiya TA01 and TA02 cars. I’ve also got the thunder tiger version, though not as rare.

535F6111-406E-4E2D-9BA7-6B0AD9E43A84.jpeg

99080BA7-470A-4FAD-9AA2-86515E442D9A.jpeg

1B0B6ED0-8C6C-4188-A549-AF76C17EA5D6.jpeg

A35C7A2E-E942-4340-8C9D-B6B468C22D81.jpeg

• Like 3

It has to be my original Yokomo YZ-10 th I used to race back in the day. Right now it is running with an original Futaba Magnum Jr. transmitter paired to a Novak mini RX, Futaba servo and a no name ESC pushing a Trinity motor Of undetermined turn/specs.

I’m using 7 NiMh cells arranged into a saddle pack shape to fit the original chassis. I’d like to rebuild the rear ball diff and find a wing. Perhaps a new body and fit some new rubber as well. Mostly it is a fully running shelf queen at this point . 

15A6C76E-6CA1-4A47-8410-A155730238F8.jpeg

BCDA967B-D84A-4E2B-AA0F-0B96DEF20EF6.jpeg

• Like 3

Dak. If you would, start a new thread showing off that school bus. I would like to see more of that.. 

On 9/27/2020 at 4:46 AM, Tudorp said:

Dak. If you would, start a new thread showing off that school bus. I would like to see more of that.. 

It’s just a Tamiya G6-01 King Yellow , mostly stock. 

nothing like as rare or beautiful as some of the cars on here, but probably the rarest item I've got is a Rough Rider body shell with the "Bugy" spelling mistake

• Like 1