Hibernaculum

What's the rarest vintage R/C item you own?

Might not be the rarest of things but its pretty rare in my little collection and it took me an age of time to fit the endurance motor in it! The daffodils didn't work very well so I went back to the normal telescopic aerial!

20200229_160211.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, Handyman said:

Never driven Kyosho Turbo Optima mid Special (TOMS).
Just need to get som paint on the shell.

7B28F46F-0AAB-46C6-B78C-EDB537894827.jpeg

Very very very nice👌......call me stupid (and I probably deserve it!) But for age I used to think "why do people put TOMS in the front or back of the Optima mid when they are talking about the buggy".............yeah I know what ya thinking🙄! And yeah I know now!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, moffman said:

Very very very nice👌......call me stupid (and I probably deserve it!) But for age I used to think "why do people put TOMS in the front or back of the Optima mid when they are talking about the buggy".............yeah I know what ya thinking🙄! And yeah I know now!

I wondered the same a few years back, before I figured it out😁

This isn't my one (SRBSVEN was selling this a while ago, I just googled it for the image!), but I have one of these in my collection too, still need to try it out though....

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img33110_6P6IZ_1.

• Like 2

Holy resurrected thread @korreka :lol:

You got me thinking, though. I've really only been collecting over the last year and have no clue how many items were produced of each thing I'm after. I would have to guess the items most difficult to find would be the rare amongst my modest collection. My never driven 959 was not terribly difficult to find, and you see them all over the place (even though it's a grail item for me). The battery for my TLT-1 was harder to find than the TLT-1 itself, lol. I finally found a Conrad motor, but it's not NIB. And speaking of boxes,  some of them are harder to find than their model - for example my recent Mud Blaster box find. Or how about those hard to find manuals, such as my recent Rookie Rabbit find, that I was then lucky enough to pair with a Rookie Rabbit complete with remote (but no box :( ). And let's not forget how hard it is to find certain tires and wheels! The difficult hunt for fluorescent orange wheels and front spike tires for my Super Hornet comes to mind. Therefore, I nominate this 49501 GH II Super G as my rarest item to date. It needs restoration, but it's got the French labeled box, Super G manual insert, green wheels and correct tires. And now you guys can tell me that they made a million of them :lol:

1619954138_49501SuperG01.thumb.JPG.723506dbb9caf3b125b125ecac7f38e3.JPG

• Like 5

I have two SWB M38 Wild Willy's.. but not sure if that is that rare considering I have two.. :ph34r:  I also have a NIB LWB M38 Wild Willy in my NIB collection.

One of the rarest I have is not a Tamiya but a 1986 MRP corvette pace car promo model. It was sitting in my local hobby shop display case (T&T Hobby shop) since the 1980’s and I only acquired it just last year. Still in new condition and just a handful ever made.

461F7EEA-7DA1-4507-8BFE-2B74B7584E62.jpeg

• Like 6

^ That's awesome, I would have been thrilled to have the opportunity to purchase that!

• Like 1

Probably my Edinger First Edition RC10 Goldpan….

53326310208_501961e5ea_k.jpg

Didnt know what I bought when I bought it, got lucky I guess

• Like 13

I have 5 original NIB Kyosho raiders, but for a Tamiya it's my Super Blackfoot. It's still NIB 

1853372778_img_20191208_0917041.thumb.jpg.9a23465303dbcd61bd06880cc84f8740.jpg

689643160_img_20191208_0917581.thumb.jpg.35cb264d4c5610963574ee7751adba39.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure if I ever wrote in this before, since the thread has been alive for a while. But for me I'd say it's several, really difficult to single out one of them..

NIB TRF211X
The two pre-211X prototypes, one brand new
411X (one new built, one runner, one ex-team driver used)
TRF 1991 Astute (ran at the worlds and euros)

I have a "Hot Trick", Tamiya Fox which essentially replaces 80% of the Fox's parts with new metal bits, and adds some RC10 shocks. Like all good used RCs, it has been used but not abused.

It also might have the biggest, meatiest front bumper that I've ever seen on a buggy. Why don't more "bashers" have a setup like this?

20240101_224716.thumb.jpg.1327e32c90dc20308fef302cd059304b.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Kowalski86 said:

I have a "Hot Trick", Tamiya Fox which essentially replaces 80% of the Fox's parts with new metal bits, and adds some RC10 shocks. Like all good used RCs, it has been used but not abused.

It also might have the biggest, meatiest front bumper that I've ever seen on a buggy. Why don't more "bashers" have a setup like this?

20240101_224716.thumb.jpg.1327e32c90dc20308fef302cd059304b.jpg

https://media1.tenor.com/m/Y9OpQJQYLr8AAAAC/redd-foxx-fred-sanford-and-son.gif

• Haha 1

BTW @Kowalski86, is that Pengoo that keeps popping up in your photos? My daughter gets a kick out of the episode where he doesn't want to eat his dinner (she probably relates, lol).

• Like 1

I found this Nikko Dictator 7 whilst on holiday. I found it in a collectables shop in Torquay, and I paid £45 for it! I've never seen another one, not that I've looked all that hard tbh! I know they did other models of the Dictator line, this one is semi-hobby grade and looks like it can be upgraded. It has an exploded parts diagram sheet with it. This one is a twin-motor version and in really good condition:

20231003_192431.jpg

20231003_192458.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Saito2 said:

BTW @Kowalski86, is that Pengoo that keeps popping up in your photos? My daughter gets a kick out of the episode where he doesn't want to eat his dinner (she probably relates, lol).

He's my own creation, but Pingu was a huge influence (as were Aardmans creations). I used to make stop-motion stuff for a time but it was just way too much work.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:08 AM, kataplaz said:

For me it's this Honda that will initially be assembled during the Christmas holidays!

HondaAccordJACCS_2_club.jpg

Dude I could kick myself for not buying one of these. I'm pretty envious of you man. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 6:41 AM, lupogtiboy said:

I found this Nikko Dictator 7 whilst on holiday. I found it in a collectables shop in Torquay, and I paid £45 for it! I've never seen another one, not that I've looked all that hard tbh! I know they did other models of the Dictator line, this one is semi-hobby grade and looks like it can be upgraded. It has an exploded parts diagram sheet with it. This one is a twin-motor version and in really good condition:

Time just slapped me in the face!

• Like 1