Lhodgo

Restored Fire Dragon

Just thought I would share today's finished resto. About 9 months in the making. Now for the thunder dragon to complete the thunder/dragon series.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks pretty good. It would be nice if you could show a photo of the car as you first found it so we can have a before & after kind of picture to really appreciate your restoration work, you know.

I purchased it as parts, here is what I started with the a built it up from there.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Great Work!

One of Tamiya's most underrated chassis. Great rough ground buggy's.

Your right Plopes, and it has inspired me to complete a new build Thunder Dragon. Today was Father's Day and the kids let me build all day! What a treat. So full rolling chassis complete with body to come. I believe this will complete this chassis family. I have a Terra Scorcher, Thunder Shot, Fire Dragon and now this. Am I missing any???

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Great job on the fire dragon! Great looking car, what a cool name too. 

Nice build buddy :) There would be 4 of this chassis series, 1= Thunder Shot, 2=Thunder Dragon, 3=Terra Scorcher, 4=Fire Dragon B)

Tamiya_Thunder_Shot.jpg

Tamiya_Thunder_Dragon.jpg

Tamiya_Terra_Scorcher.jpg

Tamiya_Fire_Dragon.jpg

• Like 2

Oh that will be a very sweet collection, I only have the Terra Scorcher.

I had this one spare off my fire dragon resto. Didn't see the point in making up the kit one. What's the difference?

You sure max? Looking again at the manual it appears you make 3x same size dampers and just insert the larger spacer for front.image.jpeg

Yes, the monshock versions (Thundershot and Thunder Dragon) use 3 shocks (short size) the same length. The dual front shock versions (Fire Dragon and Terra Scorcher) use short shocks in the rear and mini shocks up front.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Yes, the monshock versions (Thundershot and Thunder Dragon) use 3 shocks (short size) the same length. The dual front shock versions (Fire Dragon and Terra Scorcher) use short shocks in the rear and mini shocks up front.

As Saito said.

Max

I think Max was talking about your Fire Dragon. The front shock bodies look too long and it looks like suspension travel would be very limited.

3 minutes ago, IBIFTKH said:

I think Max was talking about your Fire Dragon. The front shock bodies look too long and it looks like suspension travel would be very limited.

:lol: I was just editing the pic, Yes well spotted Max :)

fdfs.jpg

top.jpg

Argh, I thought you were talking about the Thundershot. Hmmm, don't know if I've got any mini's. I'll have to sorce some or can you modify these?

16 hours ago, Lhodgo said:

Argh, I thought you were talking about the Thundershot. Hmmm, don't know if I've got any mini's. I'll have to sorce some or can you modify these?

Thought you might have been :) You wont be able to mod these as the shock bodies are the problem (to long:wacko:) your gonna have to source some .

The Yellow mini shock's were used across a few models which should help to find some :) cars are, Road wizard, Sonic Fighter, Vanquish, Astute, F101 & group C cars. 50332 cva mini shock :) there are a few sets on Ebay now =  131785462834