Bomba01

Astute The Rebirth

On 11/17/2016 at 8:26 AM, neverfollow said:

I am so happy it went to the right home! Great work, love all the TRF goodies. It looks like it's going to drive better than it ever did. 

Thanks Bel and thanks again for the car! 

I can't wait to get a test in but I've been so busy lately with work and other things it's hard to find the time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daveyb said:

This looks really smart, i like it a lot

Thanks Davey!

I've always loved the Astute and own a new built Astute and restored Super Astute. With the Astute being new built I didn't want to mod or run it. The Super Astute got a few good runs in and I nearly went down a similar line to this one but I decided to restore and shelve it due to its originality.

When this one presented itself (Thanks again Bel) with the A&L transmission and other mods I just had to get it and allow my creative juices to run wild. My aim was firstly reliability but also to see what could be done to make it more competitive with modern buggies without ruining its classic look.

Time will tell if I have succeeded and I'm sure there will be more adjustments/mods to come as required. 

Hi, I also want to restore my Astute but I think some original parts are quite fragile. Is there any metal parts which can replace with the original parts? Let me know thanks! :)

Oh my goodness, I think I actually dribbled looking through these posts - that is absolutely stunning!! I sooooo regret selling my astute and seeing what you have achieved makes me almost cry 😂

Beautiful, just beautiful 

On 4/19/2017 at 9:11 PM, Chip1 said:

Hi, I also want to restore my Astute but I think some original parts are quite fragile. Is there any metal parts which can replace with the original parts? Let me know thanks! :)

Hi Chip1,

Unfortunately there are very few metal parts that are available but in my experience the use of metal parts only ends up transmitting the stress to other parts in the chassis and you end up breaking larger and harder to replace parts. 3D printed parts are the way to go, as you can see in my build ORB make all the rare parts needed and you can replace other parts such as hubs and arms with madcap and bearhawk alternatives with a little work. I highly recommend reading Max's tutorials on the astute as they are a wealth of knowledge and he has already done the hard yards with testing and experimentation :)

Good luck with the build!  

On 4/20/2017 at 6:15 AM, jonboy1 said:

Oh my goodness, I think I actually dribbled looking through these posts - that is absolutely stunning!! I sooooo regret selling my astute and seeing what you have achieved makes me almost cry 😂

Beautiful, just beautiful 

Thanks jonboy1!

Sorry to hear you sold your Astute, I own 3 and they would probably be the last to be sold if I ever had to sell any cars :unsure: 

I've had to put the car on the back burner/storage for now as I'm building my house and my life is a mess! My local track has however moved and is in the process of rebuilding which is exciting my desire to run the Astute (and others) and do some set up testing. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get my s**t together and get some running in and can post some results and pics/vids. 

• Like 1