I have a TT-02B based NEO-SCORCHER with a problem

I have finally got around to running it for the first time (after almost 12 months)

The problem is the beeps

When I turn it on  -  it beeps - 2 times per second - continually

The steering obviously needs centering,- it does "steer" to a degree.

But the throttle does nothing - not a degree of motor turning !!

What have I done wrong ?

Mine beeps when it has no signal. Is the ESC plugged into the receiver securely? 

Yes - it is - I have unplugged everything and plugged it back in again  - no change

beep beep beep beep beep beep beep ......

Could it be a faulty ESC ?

What ESC do you have ?

What radio gear do you have??

Have you got the transmitter/controller turned on with good batteries??

Is the 7.2 V battery in the car fully charged?

If the radio is 2.4 GHz, is the receiver bound to the transmitter??

Does the steering move when you move the steering on the controller, OR does the steering just twitch when you turn the car on?

I have the TBLE-02S ESC

Etronix 2.4Ggz radio gear

battery is fully charged

Rx not bound to Tx - how is this done ?

Steering moves when steering moved on Tx

On the TBLE-02S a double beep indicates you have reverse disabled and low voltage (LiFe) enabled.

08.21.2016-23.14.png

The beeps are less important than the LED with this ESC.  If you aren't getting any reaction out of the ESC from throttle input but you are getting steering input, that could mean you have the ESC set to the wrong mode or the wrong wires connected.

08.21.2016-23.16.png

Many of the early release TBLE-02S ESCs were in brushless mode but shipped in kits with a brushed silver can motor.  This lead a lot of people to incorrectly assume they had a faulty ESC.  Go back through the manual and ensure you are in the correct mode for you motor type.

08.21.2016-23.13.png

So, with your double beep is the LED orange or green?  Assuming you're using a NiMh battery and the Torque Tuned motor that comes with the TT-02B kits: you'll want to change the mode so it has a single, long flash/beep with accompanying green LED flash (unless you're racing and need to disable reverse).

• Like 1

Its flashing Green on each  beep (not double beep) - a continued Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (you get the idea ?)

How do I enable Reverse ?

Orange lead from ESC not connected

Motor is brushed (I am assuming - SILVER CANNED) ????

How do I actually bind the Tx to the Rx ?

I have no instructions !!

Also - does it matter, which "slot" the plugs are fitted to on the Rx ?

thanks

If you google the make/model of your Etronix 2.4Ggz radio gear you should be able to find instructions fairly readily. Typically, it's 'turn on your Tx, then switch on and hold the little button on your Rx' or some such - does the Rx have a LED inside it? My Tamco Rx (which I think is similar) has a LED inside it which is red when unbound and green when bound.

So far as the little plugs are concerned - yes it matters! Your ESC goes in channel 2 and your steering servo goes in 1. The black/ dark brown wire of the 3 little wires going into the plug needs to be nearest the side edge of your Rx when plugged in.

Can't help with the rest I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, Weevie said:

Its flashing Green on each  beep (not double beep) - a continued Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (you get the idea ?)

How do I enable Reverse ?

Orange lead from ESC not connected

Motor is brushed (I am assuming - SILVER CANNED) ????

How do I actually bind the Tx to the Rx ?

I have no instructions !!

Also - does it matter, which "slot" the plugs are fitted to on the Rx ?

thanks

If it's flashing green then you're in brushed in mode.  Orange wire disconnected is good.  A silver can motor is brushed, yes.  All brushed motors have 2 wires (brushless have 3 and frequently a 4th for sensor).  You enable reverse by going through the menu.  It's a complex process that requires holding the button, watching and counting lights of different colors (red, green or orange).  Get the manual for the ESC.  It's available for download online.

Binding the transmitter is different for each brand HOWEVER I don't think you need to.  If you're getting steering response that tells me that your transmitter is bound to the receiver.

Maybe there's nothing wrong with the ESC and you simply have it plugged into the wrong port on the receiver?  If the ports are unlabeled as STR, THR and BATT; steering is usually port 1 and throttle is usually port 2.

08.22.2016-19.48.png

• Like 1