Indetrucks

Wanted Astute C & D parts tree

I am trying to restore a vintage Astute for a friend but unfortunately, may have promised him more than I can deliver. I need a C and D parts tree.  

Anyone have any leads on parts for this poor Astute? 

These parts are hard to find.

Must the Astute be totally original? Because there are some other solution.

One of them is to replace the Astute parts with Madcap parts.

The other solution is 3D printed parts.

Keep in mind that a complete new D part can cost more than 30 GBP.

Max

I would prefer originality but if there is no other option, suppose Ill have to check other options :(

Madcap parts are similar? I didnt know that. Have to look at those on ebay as well.  Ill also take a look at shapeways for printed parts.

cheers

Are there any specific parts needed from the D parts tree? Or is it the entire sprue?

30 minutes ago, Grastens said:

Are there any specific parts needed from the D parts tree? Or is it the entire sprue?

Yes, C2, D1 and D4

1 of each.

C parts.JPG

D parts.JPG

1 minute ago, Indetrucks said:

Yes, C2, D1 and D4

1 of each.

C parts.JPG

D parts.JPG

Tipical failures.

Max

Like others said id use rere blitzer c parts but you will need different driveshafts , max can chime in there. 

I have a nip d parts but i need it for a future project , i will check to see if i can get another one though and let you know

Well, you have just posted about EVERY part that fails miserably on the Astute, with exception to the A1 part is it from the gearbox, the gear brace that bolts to the metal motor mount, better check yours, could be cracked and you don't know it. Someone on ebay was selling the ALUMINUM version of the D 1, I bought some of them to convert my runner, didn't do it yet and might not get to do that any time soon, the garage is swamped. The D4 part, well I guess it snapped where you put the screws horizontally into the chassis plate, that seems to be the more delicate area.

Oh please someone start making some 3D parts for the Astute and its family, specially that A 1 part, well and A2 part as well, the "ears" crack somewhat too easy.

No, I believe they did something. Contact them directly.

Max

I did talk to ORB and they wanted €98 for 5 parts.

I would almost pay that for original parts, but am very hesitant to pay that for 3D parts.

Hey there Indie, get with me again, I might have some help here. Didn't we get you some HotShot parts not long ago??

8 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Hey there Indie, get with me again, I might have some help here. Didn't we get you some HotShot parts not long ago??

Yep, that was me!

Email sent Chris

Thanks Chris for the D parts!!!  So excited... never thought Id find em :D

Still on the lookout for C2!