Lhodgo

Thoughts on the Madcap?

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

Some random shots of my first Madcap in action, about 22 years ago. We were both younger then...

MC1 MC2 MC3

awesome mate!! Great shots of it ripping up the dust! I like that even back then you went with the blue and yellow (neon?) colour scheme instead of box art😎

Are those yellow Astute CVA's on there? A rather large difference in handling back in the day?

• Like 1

Yep, great shots and great paint scheme. Nostalgia overload!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Are those yellow Astute CVA's on there? A rather large difference in handling back in the day?

Yep, they're CVAs. I wouldn't say my Madcap handled terribly with the stock blue friction shocks but the CVA's were definitely an improvement. I really liked that car but its in the restoration/shelfer phase of its life now. I have another I've been slowly piecing together from parts, so that body may ride again.

• Like 2

I’m more and more leaning towards a Madcap being my next project. Feel like it would be fun with DT02/DF03 arms and hubs

• Like 1

i had the madcap as a kid. it was my very first rc that i built. i was probably 12 years old or so. i remember having to save up all my money to get it. i played with it constantly and the dogbones eventually wore out and would fall out. i had a very small yard, and by the end of the summer it was completely torn up. 

this site brings back so many memories. 

• Like 2