Sign in to follow this  
Indetrucks

Wish they would Re-Release the Astute or its parts!

Trying to restore a sad broken Astute and having absolutely ZERO luck finding parts ( C2 , D1 & D4 ).

The only luck I have had is finding a guy who makes them from 3D parts, but he wants $100 for the parts I have listed.  I would consider this if they were original, but to pay $100 for 3D parts seems steep for a band-aid shelf queen.

What are the odds of an Astute rere?  Anyone else in favor of it?

Hi Indietrucks,

a secret of this hobby is the patience. If you are patient the parts will pop up, new or used.

Don't give up.

And zero hope that they will re-release the Astute. If they will re-release something they will re-release the Super Astute.

Max

Did you ask member Origineelreclamebord I think he did Astute parts?

If you have measurements and are able to do some 3D drawing (if you have the parts you can skip the designing part, accept if you want to improve the design) you could upload to shapeways yourselves. Depending on the size off the parts they wont always come out cheap, but that way you could print for 'just' the printers price (and offer them non profit to others ;) )

Hi folks,

I have all the ORB parts for the astute, they are really really strong, much better than the originals.

He does:

Tamiya Astute  D1          Rear Suspension Blocks               € 14.50

Tamiya Astute  D2+3     Steering Arms € 11.50                                                                   

Tamiya Astute  D4          Rear Shock Tower Mount € 21.50 

Tamiya Astute  D5          Front Bulkhead                € 34.00 

Tamiya Astute  G4          Front Bulkhead Brace € 11.00

Tamiya Astute  C2           Rear Uprights € 24.00   

and his email is orbracing@gmail.com

Does anyone know if the Super Astute Gear parts are the same as the Astute? Looking to refresh my Astute but not sure about compatibility. 

Thanks,

Gordon.

17 hours ago, Gordini_2003 said:

Does anyone know if the Super Astute Gear parts are the same as the Astute? Looking to refresh my Astute but not sure about compatibility.

Sorry Gordon, Super Astute has the TTC Tamiya Traction Control and the gears have a different module, 0.6 mm for the Astute, 0.5 for the Super Astute so they don't fit.

Max

"Really good" compared at...?

Everything is relative, you know, so what can I say?

The Super Astute is far away better than the Astute but the Dyna Storm is better than the Super Astute.

Depending the track characteristics.

So, it is very difficult to say if the Super Astute is a very really good car. Despite its defects I believe that is a good car out of the box, fast enough, smooth enough, driveable. Drive a Super Astute is anyway a good experience in my opinion.

I drove it a lot and it is funny in my opinion, how much has been funny the Astute before and the Dyna Storm after.

If you can I suggest to drive a Super Astute anyway.

Max

Totally agreed Max, I can feel the Dyna Storm in my Super Astute, but it isn't as good.

I really enjoy driving my Super Astutes, albeit carefully

I already had an Astute/Super Astute, then I switched to Dyna Storm, now I'll come back to a Super Astute/Dyna Storm hybrid.

Max

I am looking at putting a Lethal weapon Tranny in my Astute if I can get hold of one, I have sent them an email but am not sure they are still around.

What kind of modern motor would you folks suggest?

Also am I right in thinking there were different revisions of the Astute? Some with a rear sway bar that kind of thing.

Just took delivery of some brand new Hi-Caps...very chuffed. And I now have all the 3D printed parts too, gonna order the bearings to replace all the bushings and get the battery mounted down the chassis. 

Should be fun for sure.

Thanks guys,

Gordon.

For the bearings I suggest the RC Bearings company.

And at the end...

thisthreadcompletelyuseless20WITHOUTIMAG

Max