JoFan

You know you're an RC nut when...

you feel something in your sock, and when you pull it out, it's a scrap piece of Lexan. Anybody else got any good ones?

• Like 2

You know your an RC nut when :-

you spend all of your spare time and cash ( and more ) on RC's for the best part of 25 years !!

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

.....when you start collecting parts for a car you want to get, but don't have.

Yesterday I started to collect parts for a motorbyke that I want to get, but that yet I don't have.

Max

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KEV THE REV said:

You know your an RC nut when :-

you spend all of your spare time and cash ( and more ) on RC's for the best part of 25 years !!

This is more like me too! :)

• Like 2

I don't claim to be one myself - yet. However I know I've met one when...

...Tamiya box lids are framed and displayed around the house as artworks.

... his birthday list consists of part numbers for RC parts.

...a TV programme about horse training comes on, and he says "I bet you could radio control one of those".

...his social media profile picture is of his favourite RC car.

...he has put together a petition to start a RC club at work.

...he has persuaded three of his workmates to take up the hobby themselves. (I'm one of them. :) )

• Like 8

Read these posts....... :rolleyes:

and answer them. :D:D:D

• Like 6

you spend all your spare time building, repairing and running/flying them.

you spend your work time thinking about building, repairing and running/flying them.

you spend all your hard earned money on building, repairing and running/flying them.

you spend all your time while asleep dreaming about building, repairing and running/flying them.

Do I sound like a well rounded guy?

• Like 8

When you're planning on buying a well chosen and thought out RC but then end up buying a different model altogether.

• Like 3

You have a pile of NIB kits...but you don't really collect NIB kits, that pile just 'Sort of happened'...you spend ages looking at the pile wondering which kit to build next, can't make your mind up...and buy another kit. :wacko:

• Like 16

When at the beginning of the year you look at your collection (hoard!) of rc cars and think "I've got to trim this collection down" you then start and successfully sell a good few!........but somehow your collection end up bigger...???:unsure:

• Like 6

When you scour the interwebs for a long discontinued car, and end up buying it in parts for three times the boxed price....:huh:. Shipping in total is the boxed price...but you must have it....:blink:

• Like 5

When the most exciting part of your day is a package containing vinyl decals! (got the vinyls for the Hilux today, but it just rained and WAY too humid to paint.)

• Like 1

When you get a new kit to build as a runner...

...and then all conceivable upgrades to the kit...

...and then another set of upgrades because you want to keep the upgrades pristine...

...and then another kit because you can´t bring yourself to break the kit...

...and then all the upgrades for the kit again because you need another set for the second kit...

...and then a period correct radio, esc, servos, motor, battery (which hasn´t worked for a decade) for the kit...

...and then again for the second kit...

...and then another radio because you´d like to keep one NIB...

...and then a spare reciever and servo because those are cheaper than the nice radios and why break open a set just to mount some electronics...

...and then vintage upgrades to the radio because you learned on an albanian forum that some were made ...

...and then 10 years have passed and youˋve still not covered everything well enough to feel comfortable breaking a kit, but youˋre actually not one of those weirdos who collect NIBˋs anyway

• Like 7

5 hours ago, JoFan said:

you feel something in your sock, and when you pull it out, it's a scrap piece of Lexan. Anybody else got any good ones?

...and you start to worry which kit itˋs from so you can put it in the correct spares bag.

• Like 3

I've found screws and nuts before in my living room, and actually known which car it's from....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yonez said:

...and you start to worry which kit itˋs from so you can put it in the correct spares bag.

I've found screws and nuts in my living room before and actually known which car it was from....

Double post, sorry! I was trying to edit...

• Like 1

When you buy a model you already own, just to be able to build it again and plan to keep it in perfect condition.

• Like 6

You know your an RC nut when:

- if you were a sex and cocaine addicted and for sure you would spent less money.

- you have more than 1.500 spare parts and 9 pages of Excell to catalogue them.

- you have more Hi-Cap Dampers than models to mount on.

- your list of things to do continue to increase also when you delete the things done.

- your shoes have some holes in the soles but you spend all your money on r/c.

Max

• Like 6

6 hours ago, kontemax said:

- your shoes have some holes in the soles but you spend all your money on r/c.

Max

:D:D:D 

You Know your an RC nut when,

you have 27 half finished project car's :blink::lol:

• Like 7

You know you're an rc nut, when you come onto a rc car forum, and start explaining why you have a problem and try to justify it to a bunch of likeminded individuals :lol: :lol: :P

But seriously, you know you're an rc nut when there is a knock at the door, and one of the neighbourhood kids holds out their hand and says "Is this screw from one of your remote control cars?" :rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 8

- the wife is always bringing lost body clips into the hobby room and putting them on the corner of the desk with the pile of other lost body clips that she's found around the house

• Like 3