JoFan

You know you're an RC nut when...

You have a pile of NIB kits in the queue but can't start them because you don't have enough radio gear for them all...

Instead of buying radio gear you buy more kits.

• Like 5

You Know your an RC nut:

-when you drive 50 mins return just to run your Tamiya for 20 mins (me going to the creek bed..)

-finishing the Tamiya you are working on takes precedence over dinner or anything else that "normal" people do.

-you could type "Tamiya Vintage" into the eBay search field box while deprived of all your senses.

-you can close your eyes and visualise your first Tamiya in graphic detail even though it was 25 + years ago and you no longer own it.

• Like 4

You're waiting for Tamiya to merge with Toyota (Tamota), so that you can have that 1:1 Hotshot hybrid you've wanted since you were 10.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

.....when you start collecting parts for a car you want to get, but don't have.

Haha that's half of my cars.  I usually am deciding what electronics should be swapped and what may replace them or is this model just going 'used shelfer' status for a while.

• Like 1

- you'll buy anything off Ebay or forums listed as "good solid project, not much more to finish", open the box, take one look, and go "that's more work than I thought" and put it on the "out of the way" shelf with all the other "good solid project, not much more to finish" projects

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You think the movie "Social Network" is about Tamiyaclub, but you never got around to watching it because you're in the forum all the time.

• Like 1

Mad Ax has got it in one - he says 'I'd rather have a Slash than a Wii" - just about nails it for me !! check it out 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Mad Ax has got it in one - he says 'I'd rather have a Slash than a Wii" - just about nails it for me !! check it out 

I remember when that was still "current and relevant" too :D  I'd come up with an equally funny saying that is appropriate for today's market, but I fear that one was a rare flash of inspiration far above and beyond my usual plane of thinking...

You know you're an RC nut when give your real car to your ex in the divorce so that you can keep your toy cars. 

070405131.jpg

• Like 7

When you start looking at RCs for your children and aim them towards Tamiya so you can build them yourself and claim that they are for the children but ... well you know.  lol

• Like 1

When your user name is an acronym for 'I Bought It For The Kids, Honest!'....?!

• Like 11

...you wake up at 7 am, on your day off, just to work on RC's, and are annoyed that the hobby shop isn't open until 10 when you need parts.

• Like 3

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

You have a pile of NIB kits...but you don't really collect NIB kits, that pile just 'Sort of happened'...you spend ages looking at the pile wondering which kit to build next, can't make your mind up...and buy another kit. :wacko:

That is exactly my life 😀

• Like 1

...you constantly browse this site and realize there's still models you want, no matter how many you already have.

• Like 4

- When you buy a job lot of cars / parts and keep stuff you don’t even need or want 

- You see real cars on the road and wish there was an RC version 

- Once you’re alarm goes off for work, you log onto the net whilst in bed just to see RC stuff

- When you spend more time on eBay than you do anywhere else 

- Going to a carboot sale / charity shop or to someone’s house and you spot an RC which gives you a funny feeling of excitement! 

- When your wardrobes for clothes mysteriously turns into a perfect place keep the latest RC parcel the postman delivered   

- Pre planning how to explain to the wife you’ve bought more rc stuff :wacko:

• Like 3

On 09/03/2016 at 4:06 AM, IBIFTKH said:

When your user name is an acronym for 'I Bought It For The Kids, Honest!'....?!

I've always been curious where that came from...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 29.8.2016 at 7:53 PM, waterbok said:

Read these posts....... :rolleyes:

and answer them. :D:D:D

Read these post after a year and a halfe and click 'like' :mellow: :D:D,thx JennyMo

• Like 1

When you buy a "parts doner" car and then can't bring yourself to strip it down so you just end up with two cars that need completing.

• Like 3