Wandy

Kyosho Turbo Scorpion re-release.

Looks like some more very good Kyosho re-release news could be headed our way, with the re-release of the Turbo Scorpion.

When the Optima was re-released as model #30617, skipping over #30616, I had a hopeful feeling that it was because they planned to shoehorn the Turbo Scorpion in on that model number at a later date. And it seems that this is indeed about to happen.

From the photo it looks like it will be promoted for use with brushless power. Will this mean they will have further strengthened the already superb new gearbox? It doesn't look like they have fitted the carbon fibre parts as standard so what else might they do to improve the standard chassis? Questions, questions. 

It will be great to finally be able to get the white chassis tub, flared lexan body and modded roof direct from Kyosho too.

RC Monkey even have a price...  http://www.rcmonkey.jp/2016/09/blog-post_10.html ....so this seems to be as good as confirmed. :)

2ee7689dbcfdcc9a9c8af5870edfdc81_zpsrqv7

• Like 7

Really like this, not so much the Turbo Scorpion, but now that there are 4 rere's based on this model, it also opens for rereing all the Optima Mid varieties 😀😀😀. Don't get me wrong, this one is awesome too.

The "turbo" parts appear to be the same ones the original turbo had over the standard. Red anodized shocks (appear to be larger bodies from Optima), body with faux vents and vented roof, lights, wing attached to gearbox, straight roll bar, new rims and tyres (albeit these look to be larger diameter as well) . There is not much they could do to gear box to strengthen it for brushless.. So it's probably the same.

• Like 1

On Friday, September 02, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Nitomor said:

Woohoo, does this the Turbo Optima will follow, yeehaaaa!!

Yes, I'd say this is encouraging news for those wanting a return of the Turbo Optima. No doubt they will go down the same route of promoting it as the brushless-ready version.

This probably means that the Javelin won't be coming along until next year now though.

• Like 1

Nice! Already have a Tomahawk, and regular Scorpion, might have to add this to the list. However was hoping for a Re-re Turbo Ultima II or something along those lines.

The re-re optima was my first ever build and owner of a kyosho and I was massively impressed with it:)  so me thinks that this is going to join it and I'm thinking the tomahawk aswell (funds permitting of course!:unsure:

• Like 2

I know that this is basically just another Scorpion with a few cosmetic changes but those extra features really enhance the look of the buggy IMO. Hopefully it will come in with a price very similar to the other three from this chassis.

• Like 2

I'm basically new to the kyosho! And to be honest I didn't even know they had done a turbo scorpion back in the day!:rolleyes: Is it an exact replica? 

On Saturday, September 03, 2016 at 8:37 AM, moffman said:

I'm basically new to the kyosho! And to be honest I didn't even know they had done a turbo scorpion back in the day!:rolleyes: Is it an exact replica? 

Cosmetically this new version looks to be identical to the original. The only difference that I can see immediately are the taller shock towers that were offered as a hop up for the all new Scorpion two years ago. The taller towers might mean that the HG shock set is supplied as standard.

That's a good looking buggy. I could be easily tempted at the right price, also never having owned a Kyosho before. What's the Kyosho equivalent motor of a Dirt Tuned then?!

Yay to me for never having gotten round to buying the scorpion re release. The turbo looks way cooler, so I'll get me one of these instead. 

Fingers crossed this'll wake up someone at Tamiya so they'll re release something cool before the year is over as well. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wandy said:

Cosmetically this new version looks to be identical to the original. The only difference that I can see immediately are the taller front shock towers that were offered as a hop up for the all new Scorpion two years ago. The taller towers might mean that the HG shock set is supplied as standard.

I can't make out from the Picts if the front towers are taller. The rear appear to be be same. The HG shocks have threaded collars so the ones in the pict appear to be the same ones from Tommy

5 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Yay to me for never having gotten round to buying the scorpion re release. The turbo looks way cooler, so I'll get me one of these instead. 

Fingers crossed this'll wake up someone at Tamiya so they'll re release something cool before the year is over as well. 

Let's hope tamiya do take note because they still have a very rich back catalogue with some iconic rc's (I'm not going to start naming them because it's all been done before and we all know which models they are!:)!)

• Like 1

Seeing this makes me wish I'd started collecting Kyosho re-res instead of Tamiya.  I love the look of all their re-res so far but avoided buying into the Kyosho thing, now the funds for NIB RC are being diverted elsewhere right while there's a good catalog of Kyosho buggies ready to buy.  I really fancy a shelf dedicated to Kyosho re-re buggies!

Great news for the scene to see these coming along :)

Is that one of Kyosho's own "LeMans" branded brushless motors? Wonder if they supply it with the kit?

turbo%20scorpion_5223_kyosho3_zps01ztjgk

On 03/09/2016 at 6:02 PM, Raman36 said:

I can't make out from the pics if the front towers are taller. The rear appear to be be same. The HG shocks have threaded collars so the ones in the pict appear to be the same ones from Tommy

The front & rear towers are definitely different to those of the standard Scorpion. They look to be a metal version of the SCW003 & SCW007 (carbon fibre) hop up parts.

turbo%20scorpion_5221_kyosho1_zpshq7t5d2

turbo%20scorpion_5225_kyosho2_zps5cbwjmw

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Seeing this makes me wish I'd started collecting Kyosho re-res instead of Tamiya.  I love the look of all their re-res so far but avoided buying into the Kyosho thing, now the funds for NIB RC are being diverted elsewhere right while there's a good catalog of Kyosho buggies ready to buy.  I really fancy a shelf dedicated to Kyosho re-re buggies!

Great news for the scene to see these coming along :)

So how many Kyosho Re-re's are there?

I've only ever seen a Yellow 2014 Scorpion Re-re and now this cool blue and white Turbo Scorpion.

My problem is the price of Kyosho Re re's

The Scorpion was ok in price but the Tomahawk at $430 posted was pretty out there and then the Optima at $630 posted is just ridiculous hence why I won't get one.

The Turbo will be at a Turbo price . This maybe just a OZ thing but it certainly is a deal breaker for many even though Kyosho's quality is awesome it's a shame.

• Like 2