Wandy

Kyosho Turbo Scorpion re-release.

Inside the box. There are parts, a piece of sticker, a manual and a catalog.

IMAG2587.jpg

IMAG2588.jpg

• Like 5

I do like the quality of the decals on the kyosho re-re's but to be honest like I've said many times before the quality of all of the kyosho re-re's is outstanding and this looks no different:D

• Like 3

@lin6499 did the catalog belong to the kit's content? Because imho it is very hard to get a Kyosho catalog, during the last years I wasn't able to get one. If the kit comes with it, would be a good idea.

1 hour ago, Carrera124 said:

@lin6499 did the catalog belong to the kit's content? Because imho it is very hard to get a Kyosho catalog, during the last years I wasn't able to get one. If the kit comes with it, would be a good idea.

That's right. The kit comes with the catalog.

• Like 1

A brand new Le Mans 360E motor is not easy to find. IMO, 490 is the best chose I have got. 490 and 360E look similar, so I decided to throw it(490) in.

BTW, I'm not going to build this Scorpion until I get the optional LED lights.

IMAG2589.jpg

• Like 2

Stellamodels  has them in stock $249.90 USD .

Mine arrived from Stella today....my first buy from them for a little while, and I was happy to discover that their incredible packaging standards have not slipped. Packed in a bulletproof outer box, then triple bubblewrapped and cushioned in masses of polystyrene chips. They are still the best all-round seller out there IMO.

My kit also came with the Kyosho catalogue, just like @lin6499's, however I got an additional surprise when I discovered that it also came with the official Kyosho poster for the kit. Has anyone else received this with their kit? A nice little bonus and possible future collectors item. B)

All in all, this is yet another beautifully presented re-release from Kyosho. I'm looking forward to seeing the Javelin already. :)

20170403_172448_zpsjr7or20w.jpg

20170403_172544_zpslhcx62kl.jpg

20170403_172745_zpseuiiej97.jpg

20170403_172855_zpspwbqpvgq.jpg

20170403_172908_zpswkd4tng4.jpg

20170403_175644_zpsobs2zknq.jpg

• Like 4

My Turbo Scorpion is going to be a shelfer and, although I think the buggy does look quite good with the modern wheels & tyres fitted, I really want the vintage look. So for that reason some original wheels & tyres arrived in the post this week. B)

My family of Kyosho re-releases is certainly growing. Hopefully the next photo will have the Javelin sitting at the bottom. :)

20170408_164359_zpsckl5kfch.jpg

DSC_3667_zpsg3kmakk6.jpg

• Like 4

I'm not sure what to do next. Boxart or other color scheme.

kgR9gaSP2j9zRc2b83YS_OHMCYCfqOBs3BGGLsEw

Red and white looks great, too.

PZlRa2mlz03lS_SpO3eGWpGHJ_9mlQwC0QXLBviZ

• Like 3

Red does look really nice. I wish that Kyosho had made those original 5 spoke wheels available as optional parts for this release too.

From the looks of it (and if my time line is correct,) someone in Kyosho's art departement really stepped up their game after the Beetle. Tamiya's drawings from the olden days are closest to my heart, but there's something really special about the Tomahawk and Turbo Scorpion. 

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

From the looks of it (and if my time line is correct,) someone in Kyosho's art departement really stepped up their game after the Beetle. Tamiya's drawings from the olden days are closest to my heart, but there's something really special about the Tomahawk and Turbo Scorpion. 

Yeah I agree, the artwork definitely improved from after the Beetle. The Tomahawk is the best of them all though. It's a simply stunningly presented kit throughout, with wonderful use of colour. I don't really want to break into it, it's so nice.

• Like 1

Agreed, it's just right. It was my first Kyosho kit like in the history of ever and it made a lasting impression, box art, blister packs and all. For me it really showed how good a re-release could be. 

On 2017-04-08 at 1:29 PM, Wandy said:

My Turbo Scorpion is going to be a shelfer and, although I think the buggy does look quite good with the modern wheels & tyres fitted, I really want the vintage look. So for that reason some original wheels & tyres arrived in the post this week. B)

My family of Kyosho re-releases is certainly growing. Hopefully the next photo will have the Javelin sitting at the bottom. :)

20170408_164359_zpsckl5kfch.jpg

DSC_3667_zpsg3kmakk6.jpg

I have the same stash of NIB Kyosho's in my collection. Just started to build my Scorpion today, will probably be my only runner of the bunch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobybooster said:

Has anybody seen this Vintage series ESC from Kyosho? At least the look of it is quite nice:rolleyes:

http://www.kyoshoeurope.com/variateurs-electronique-bls-gold-esc-60a-legendary-serie.html

Looks great, would love some of the Le mans branded brushless stuff Kyosho have been releasing, but can't seem to find it anwhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Klausen said:

Looks great, would love some of the Le mans branded brushless stuff Kyosho have been releasing, but can't seem to find it anwhere.

RC Mart has it.  That is the only place I've seen it.  Sure is good looking stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

RC Mart has it.  That is the only place I've seen it.  Sure is good looking stuff!

Just found them on Banzai too, for a far lower price.

3 hours ago, lin6499 said:

I guess you guys might want to watch this.

What a great video. I'm surprised they used that photo in the beginning @:04 . So many old Tamiyas!

Hah.  Very 80's.  Thanks Lin.

I just ordered the Kyosho Le Mans brushless ESC and motors for mine when I finally get around to building them.

It's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing and getting your hands on these is not easy in the USA unless you buy directly from KyoshoAmerica ($$$).  None of the normal places carry everything (I couldn't find them anyway on AMain/Tower/etc) yet KyoshoAmerica says "in stock" for everything.  That's nice, but I don't want to pay retail!

Kyosho needs to do a better job of distributing in the USA if they want US buyers to stop buying from overseas.

2 x Kyosho 37051 (Le Mans 240S ESC (Sensor & sensorless compatible))
1 x Kyosho 37031 (Le Mans 240 S Brushless motor for 2 WD / 19.5 T)
1 x Kyosho 37032 (Le Mans 240 S Brushless motor for 4 WD / 15.5 T)
1 x Kyosho R246-8582 (Silicone Sensor Cable 170mm) (for Optima)
1 x Kyosho R246-8583 (Silicone Sensor Cable 190mm) (for Scorpion/Beetle)

Actually the store I ended up buying from did not have the 170mm cable in stock so I need to source that elsewhere but everything else should be shipping soon.

12 hours ago, Theibault said:

What a great video. I'm surprised they used that photo in the beginning @:04 . So many old Tamiyas!

I guess Tamiya is too good to be ignored. Vintage RC history won't be completed without Tamiya.

Take me for example, although I got so many Optimas, Javlins., etc., I also have tons of Tamiya stuffs, such as Hotshot or Grasshoper.