djmcnz

Look What Motors I Just Found - And A Question

I have so many boxes of RC stuff that I haven't looked at for years that I don't really know where to start... so I picked the smallest box and look what I found, all NIB...

VintageNIB.jpg

I also found two of these, one in each Dynatech box, but I'm not sure if they were an original accessory included in the box or if they're from something else, any ideas?

MotorMount.jpg

Any guidance appreciated, thanks! :)

• Like 4

smiley-face-thumbs-up-thank-you-LcKd8app

Those are Avante/Egress motor mount plate's, I don't think they came with the motors however those are the option motors for each. You could have the motors mounted to them to make changing at the track easier?

• Like 1

On 06/09/2016 at 8:43 PM, chevelle said:

Those are Avante/Egress motor mount plate, I don't think they came with the motors however those are the option motors for each. You could have the motors mounted to them to make changing at the track easier?

Interesting, thanks for that!

Well, I have a NIB original Egress and re-re Avante but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have taken the mounts out of the kits... and I'm pretty confident these motors have never been mounted. And since one of the mounts is still in the bag I really have no idea lol! Very strange, perhaps I ended up with some spare mounts somehow and shoved them in the boxes for safe keeping... who knows? :huh:

I can see this becoming a theme (read: problem)... me finding NIB/P bits that I got so long ago that I have no idea what they're for or where they go... I have over 2 cubic metres of Tamiya stuff stored away... :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

I can see this becoming a theme (read: problem)... me finding NIB/P bits that I got so long ago that I have no idea what they're for or where they go... I have over 2 cubic metres of Tamiya stuff stored away... :rolleyes:

Emoji.jpg

Not that I can talk :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, djmcnz said:

I have a similar 'problem'...:blink:

02H motors include that motor plate in the box. Not sure about the 01R though.

• Like 1

Always wanted a technigold, I had a technipower which I wasn't crazy about and returned it as a kid

959 came with technigold as standard didn't it?

i saved up xmas money and birthday money to buy a dyna tech for my terrascorcher - still soooo slow really haha

JJ

Boy I would love to uncover such gems in my digging through my junkyard. I don't have one of those pink motors yet, always seem to rise right out of my budget. If you make notes now, you will know what you have and keep on asking this group of experts and they will tell you what you got.

I just want you to know that I am here for you in this difficult time.....

• Like 1

Yes, an inventory and possibly some emotional support will be required.

I really have no idea what I own, I do need to get it sorted and documented.

• Like 2

Impressive!!! :o

I have all of those except the Dyna-Run but not NIB. I do have a soft spot for Tamiya motors though. I do still have a Transpeed MS NIB which i actually wanted to mount in a TA05v.II but never got to it and put a blue Acto power formula motor in it instead.

On 10 September 2016 at 7:55 AM, Problemchild said:

959 came with technigold as standard didn't it?

959, Celica, Avante...