Sign in to follow this  
Si_hitch

Newbie. Need help please!

Hi, I am in the middle of building a Mad Bull. So far it has all gone well, however I am struggling to work out the electrics!

I just fitted the steering servo and switch. Next I have to fit the esc (Tamiya brushless escape TBLE-02S) and the receiver (Acoms AM 2ch Receiver). The esc has 3 wires, in the instructions shows only 2.

What is confusing me is I seem to 2 Acoms AS-17 servos (1 more than I need I think. One is the steering servo, the other doesn't feature in the instructions!) I also have a battery holder (not the main battery for the motor it's a holder for 4 AA batteries). I do not know what do with this. Please help!!!

Also the steering servo comes with a switch, as does my esc. I have set it all up making a bit of a guess as to how it goes. It seems to work, although the motor continuously runs and the switch attached to the servo doesn't appear to do anything! 

If you are using a brushed motor ignore the orange wire (it is only needed if you are using a brushless motor),  yellow wire is motor positive(+)...blue wire is motor(-),  plug the receiver wire from esc to Ch 2 on your receiver,  steering servo on Ch1.   The 4AA battery holder is not needed as the esc and steering servo will get their power from the main battery ( I would use 3000 mAh NiMH or higher)   Also the switch that came with your ACOMS gear is not needed either as the esc has it's own power switch.  

Yes just found them. Probably should have perused them first! Thanks for the advice, it's all beginning to make sense now!

The old battery holder and extra switch harks back to the days pre battery eliminator circuitry (bec) when the radio gear (receiver and servos) would be powered by the four AA batteries. The switch would run between the battery holder and the receiver. Now that esc's can take power from the main battery and feed the necessary voltage to the receiver via the channel plug, the other parts are subsequently redundant. The extra servo would have been to power the arm on the mechanical speed controller, again esc's (with their own on/off switch too) have made the extra servo redundant.

enjoy!!

The battery holder, switch, and extra servo are incase you bought a nitro model.

On 9/09/2016 at 8:53 AM, berman said:

The battery holder, switch, and extra servo are incase you bought a nitro model.

Or feel nostalgic and want to run an old MSC that has no BEC :)