Sign in to follow this  
tomjkear

TBLE-02S High Point Setup

Hoping someone can help me out here :)

Im trying to setup this ESC but not sure I am following the instructions.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/45057ml.pdf

The instructions say:

Position throttle trim in neutral, and put throttle reverse switch into reverse position.

Am I understanding correctly that I need to do this with the switch in reverse? That doesn't seem to make sense...

EDIT: Also I was hoping to make the brakes sharper but the manual suggests you can only adjust brakes for brushless motors.  Is that right?

Do that for Futaba transmitters.  For some reason Futaba signals are backward from most others.  If you leave the switch in normal, your throttle will work opposite of what you expect.  If you set it up backwards, then move the switch, it'll mess up your calibration and you'll need to redo it.

3 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

Do that for Futaba transmitters.  For some reason Futaba signals are backward from most others.  If you leave the switch in normal, your throttle will work opposite of what you expect.  If you set it up backwards, then move the switch, it'll mess up your calibration and you'll need to redo it.

I'm using a cheap Tactic 2.4Ghz transmitter. Any idea if u need to reverse the switch?

I have that same tactic but not on a TBLE02S equipped rig.  However, it might not matter.  I'll check when I get home and post a reply if it's in normal or reverse.

6 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

I have that same tactic but not on a TBLE02S equipped rig.  However, it might not matter.  I'll check when I get home and post a reply if it's in normal or reverse.

If I get it wrong then will the controls be backwards? Obviously I can redo the config, provided it's clear I got it wrong the first time :)

1 hour ago, tomjkear said:

If I get it wrong then will the controls be backwards? Obviously I can redo the config, provided it's clear I got it wrong the first time :)

Yes.  If the steering works opposite how you expect, flip the steering switch and the steering will be sorted.  If you configure the ESC and it goes forward when you push on the brake, flip the throttle switch, reconfigure, and your throttle will be sorted.  My Futaba radios are set to steering normal and throttle reversed.

I just checked the Tactic transmitter that's used for my wife's MF-01X.  She's running a HobbyWing 1060 ESC.  Both the throttle and steering switches are set to reverse.  The steering one surprised me.  I guess it's because the servo is mounted up-side-down?  I dunno but anyway, that's her setup.  Hope it helps.