Jason1145

Mud Blaster 2 - WT01 Chassis Build/Upgrades/Pics

34 minutes ago, Prescient said:

You can't deny their scale looks on the short course truck are pretty accurate though. An RC body so ugly they had to invent the 1:1 car and race series just to sell the things :D

That truck jump......197 foot. That's a 1:1 equivalent of 1970 foot.

As for your wide stance issue, you need to get the 135x70 Chevron monster tyres that fit on the stock 2.2 rims then you don't need to worry about the offset. 

Let me run it tomorrow and see if it's too roll over happy then I might consider these 70mm wide chevron tyres, I'm hoping the soft CVA'a will allow some body roll first before it grips and rolls over, that and the cheap tyres not biting too.

I really like this current look, a pumped up Lunchbox style van without the silly handling of the Lunchbox which has stopped me getting one to date.

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Let me run it tomorrow and see if it's too roll over happy then I might consider these 70mm wide chevron tyres, I'm hoping the soft CVA'a will allow some body roll first before it grips and rolls over, that and the cheap tyres not biting too.

I really like this current look, a pumped up Lunchbox style van without the silly handling of the Lunchbox which has stopped me getting one to date.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGDXB&P=FR&gclid=CjwKEAjw8ZzHBRCUwrrV59XinXUSJADSTE5kE827aJM0xQGUZHJvDT4tBGYuXnuiqPn9YDDgIdnQYxoCrv3w_wcB

these look good but $62 US is pricey. 

I like the destroyers but they are silly money at circa £60 for 4 here in the UK.  

These ones are much better value and the biggest 2.2 tyre that fits. Plus decent scale looks.

http://m.tomtop.com/car-tires-1199/p-rm3675.html

M5if3AP.jpg

I have quite a few sets at the moment added to by my latest order which turned up recently. The rims they come on have the wrong offset but they fit straight on to the stock 2.2 Tamiya ones. The below worked out at £12 per pack for the tyres and £8 each for the roof rack and lights sets.

SKO9OIm.jpg

They are quite soft but come with foams.

Priority delivery gets them landed for £20 a set, but tomtop only seem to charge once for delivery on their site so the more you order, it becomes better value. Same person as the eBay seller that does them. Last year there were loads in the UK/EU  from one of tomtop's many eBay accounts but stock has dried up to direct from China. 

1 hour ago, Prescient said:

I like the destroyers but they are silly money at circa £60 for 4 here in the UK.  

These ones are much better value and the biggest 2.2 tyre that fits. Plus decent scale looks.

http://m.tomtop.com/car-tires-1199/p-rm3675.html

M5if3AP.jpg

I have quite a few sets at the moment added to by my latest order which turned up recently. The rims they come on have the wrong offset but they fit straight on to the stock 2.2 Tamiya ones. The below worked out at £12 per pack for the tyres and £8 each for the roof rack and lights sets.

SKO9OIm.jpg

They are quite soft but come with foams.

Priority delivery gets them landed for £20 a set, but tomtop only seem to charge once for delivery on their site so the more you order, it becomes better value. Same person as the eBay seller that does them. Last year there were loads in the UK/EU  from one of tomtop's many eBay accounts but stock has dried up to direct from China. 

I actually just got a set of those exact tires.  They only fit with the 19mm extenders.  You say they fit 2.2 rims without extenders?

My current tyres are 60 x 125mm

I want a set of those Chevron ones linked by Prescient now as they are a bit wider, plus I have the stock WT01 rims I can put them straight on to.

MacInnis I think he means those chevron tyres come with silver wheels that won't fit on the WT01 as you have found by needing the 19mm hex extenders.... mount them on WT01 rims and it's a perfect fit.

Prescient I was going to ask to buy a set from you but with postage it's probably cheaper for me to buy direct from Tomtop, is there anything else he sells that is worth bumping into the order to make it worthwhile?

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

My current tyres are 60 x 125mm

I want a set of those Chevron ones linked by Prescient now as they are a bit wider, plus I have the stock WT01 rims I can put them straight on to.

MacInnis I think he means those chevron tyres come with silver wheels that won't fit on the WT01 as you have found by needing the 19mm hex extenders.... mount them on WT01 rims and it's a perfect fit.

Prescient I was going to ask to buy a set from you but with postage it's probably cheaper for me to buy direct from Tomtop, is there anything else he sells that is worth bumping into the order to make it worthwhile?

Prob cheaper to import. Tomtop do plenty of the RC accessories, goolrc motors/ESCs plus loads of tyre options so it's very easy to spend enough to make it worthwhile. Usually a 5% discount code somewhere too.

On shipping options selecting standard shipping gets it sent either air mail or dhl.

They seem to take 2-3 weeks from China regardless. When I was buying from their UK drop shippers, i would get it in a few days last year though but there seems to be no local stock. 

2 hours ago, Macinnis said:

I actually just got a set of those exact tires.  They only fit with the 19mm extenders.  You say they fit 2.2 rims without extenders?

The silver rims have the wrong offset. But they are 2.2s so the tyres fit straight on to Tamiya 2.2 rims like below. 

IMG_20170408_091153915-1336x752.jpg

• Like 1

Which part breaks? I've yet to break one so no idea what better alternative is out there yet?

I seem to remember reading that Tobee Craft made some pretty indestructible universals that fit. Don't know the part number I'm afraid - perhaps someone else on here does?

Have a look at this thread, there's a post by bromvw that has a link to tobee droveshafts 

2 hours ago, 73robb said:

Have a look at this thread, there's a post by bromvw that has a link to tobee droveshafts 

It looks like he made two. One with an 8mm shaft and one with a 16mm shaft. It sounds like DF03 dogbones/swingshafts/universals (whatever you call them)fit the wt01 bushdevil.  Can anyone confirm this?

looks like they (Tobee) no longer excist, can hardly find the brand anymore.

RDTVG hobbies only has some of the +16mm

Hi guys,

Hey, I'd like to change the body shell (Mud Blaster II) on my WT01. What are my options? Not sure what to look for as I have not seen WT01 mentioned that often.

Thank you.

The body post positions are pretty standard, so the majority of Tamiya polycarbonate shells will fit. What style are you looking for?

That is actually a good question. Not too big a fan of the pickup truck look, so something more Baja Buggy and/or Lunchbox I think would be quite nice.

Also, if, at some stage, I'd like to look for other aftermarket options, are there some specific brands I should look for? I have mostly seen Topcad and GPM Racing parts, arms and mounts. Where to look for, for example, tyres?

Anything other than a flat bed truck style or car type shell will require use of longer rear posts... Beetle and lunchbox style will require longer rear posts, maybe the Beetle will just reach with that sloping rear window?

the TL01 shares the same hubs front and rear so these can be upgraded for GPM Aluminium ones.

GPM also make alloy arms and upper front and rear links but plastic here is recommended.

Keep is updated with your chosen shell.

Sorry tyres are widely available on EBay and Modelsport or Wheelspin, the WT01 wheels are 2.2's ( I think) so pretty common, there were some nice chevron tyres earlier in this thread from China.

Time to sell this WT01 Mud Blaster 2, will be posting in the Sales section soon but it's as last photo'd in this thread, complete with A-Team style van and mounting brackets along with the silver MB2 shell.

No original wheels, only the black MT ones (125mm tall).

Can be sold either as a roller or completely RTR 2.4ghz radio deal with a 3000-4000kv brushless system and hardened 19t pinion.

PM for details if interested, UK only.

Ps - my WT01 is for sale as a roller with servo and both the shells featured in the thread.. silver MB2 and black/gold A-Team van with custom mounts.

PM me for UK offers.