mtbkym01

mtbkym01's project thread - Latest “1997 Worlds Winner - Yokomo MX-4 Super Dog Fighter”

Instead of multiple threads, thought I'd start one like others have, showing my latest and upcoming projects.

For starters, I'll kick off with my Honda City Turbo WR02, complete with a IBIFTKH fantastic driver figure. This was the first time I've attempted filling body holes, think I learnt a lot ready for the next one, fully ball raced, painted in Pearl White and clear coated. I love this little car, and definitely will get at least 1 more

image_zpsqwgdmyfv.jpeg

image_zpskxa02rjs.jpeg

image_zpskf9iqbkj.jpeg

• Like 8

This weekend I built my RM01, this was the first build where I completed the body before I started on the chassis, I see the merit in doing this, coz once the chassis is done, the build is done. This one got a hop up pitch damper, nice little car, looking forward to giving it a run at my LHS M05 track

image_zpsn3ssl1rk.jpeg

image_zpswex0g2dr.jpeg

image_zpspxojevqt.jpeg

• Like 6

Very simple build in a sense , but fiddly . What ya running in it ?. just the stock 380  and life battery .

Body was a pain :lol:  , lots of decals to put on . Just don't crash it M8 . Looks great .  

Ok , you didn't do the mtbkym01's paint scheme , just the good old box art . VERY NICE ! indeed .   

2 hours ago, matman said:

Very simple build in a sense , but fiddly . What ya running in it ?. just the stock 380  and life battery .

Body was a pain :lol:  , lots of decals to put on . Just don't crash it M8 . Looks great .  

Ok , you didn't do the mtbkym01's paint scheme , just the good old box art . VERY NICE ! indeed .   

Yep just the 380, with a small 2000 mah 2S lipo (basically a RX pack), put a low profile servo and Tamiya 104 esc as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Lots of shiny parts..... then Integy :-(

Unfortunately there's not a lot to choose from for the CR01 anymore, especially if you want it to be uniform

6 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

is it being a shelf queen?

Light trail duties

I have a feeling this will be a thread to keep an eye on

Also I will be able to treat it as a reference point of what I want to buy next as no doubt you will influence me once again Kym :D

• Like 2

So I found this at my LHS last night

image_zpskigkntss.jpeg

and since I've been accumulating some hop ups for one, thought I better grab it B) . Cracked open the kit today to make a start on the build while I had a few hours to spare

image_zpsf0rbpwg6.jpeg

i don't plan on doing a full detailed build documentation as there are plenty of nice threads to see already, but will just update some progress pics as it comes along. Although I will post this pic, wow look at the amount of hardware out of bag A :blink:

image_zpsv6vhuolg.jpeg

So got building to this point for now

image_zpsneyfsjfm.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

So I found this at my LHS last night

image_zpskigkntss.jpeg

Forgive my ignorance...I'm terrible with three letter acronyms. What LHS?

50 minutes ago, richb77 said:

Forgive my ignorance...I'm terrible with three letter acronyms. What LHS?

Local Hobby Shop B)

Nice kit , i have one :P . I didn't use the stabiliser set or the one's that came with it . Wanted it to articulate more 

& they were stopping it ..

Great fun to build & different . I'm sure your enjoying the build & great fun crawling . 

8 hours ago, matman said:

Nice kit , i have one :P . I didn't use the stabiliser set or the one's that came with it . Wanted it to articulate more 

& they were stopping it ..

Great fun to build & different . I'm sure your enjoying the build & great fun crawling . 

Yeah I read that the stabilisers do that, I actually want the articulation reduced, and the ride height lowered (hence the short springs) as this is gonna be more of a trail car, for heavy duty crawling I've already got a 2.2 comp crawler. Post a pic of yours here Mat, I'd like to see it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Did a little bit more today, waiting on 1 last delivery before I can really progress past this point without jumping ahead in the manual sequence, we'll see what happens, basically fitted all of the Integy parts and I must say, they feel and look quite good....considering (I would never use Integy parts as arms or shock towers on a buggy, but for the purpose of this car and these parts, they seem quite ok) anyway, here's some pics

image_zpsrbmyhv9t.jpeg

image_zpsg6hmulmj.jpeg

image_zpsu1s33xbc.jpeg

• Like 3

Still waiting for the delivery with some bits I need, but in the meantime I picked up these bits from my LHS (excuse the iPad pic)

image_zpsugjvy7ws.jpeg

• Like 2

Postie delivered a box today which among other bits that will be exposed as I go, had the bits I've been waiting on

image_zpsdupoqedn.jpeg

image_zpslor3cgin.jpeg

then got a bit more building done

image_zpsxpgcjw99.jpeg

image_zpstbos12am.jpeg

• Like 2

WOW ! M8 your all out on this one . Very nice indeed . Yer racing & 3 racing in that post i see :P ..

• Like 1

Just waiting on an ESC and RX to arrive, then it's trail time, body colour is Corsa Grey and Pearl White roof

image_zpselqtxwg3.jpeg

image_zps4ng5fevu.jpeg

image_zpslhv5fdda.jpeg

image_zpsowyadswp.jpeg

image_zps8c6snmxf.jpeg

image_zpsbzbxwhu0.jpeg

also some some more accessories for the roof rack to come, oh and the LED's for head and tail lights

• Like 7

Decided that the FJ40 needs an interior, and not ever really using styrene before (other than painting Tamiya bodies) wasn't too keen on attempting an entirely scratch built effort. I started searching around the net for interiors but couldn't really find anything suitable. I then pulled my Bruiser NIB out and checked out the bench seat from that. "Hmm looks like it may fit" jumped on eBay and found a couple nip for 1/2 price, so hit the BIN button. A quick test fit on arrival and yep, I should be able to sort something out with any luck, jumped back onto eBay for some styrene sheet and angle. Made a start today

*edit, photobucket links not working, grrr

a work in progress, but getting there

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

Edited by mtbkym01
Photobucket not linking, added images to post
  • Like 1

Been a while since updates, progress has been slow, but steady

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

The pic above shows I had some gaps to fill/blank on the side