mtbkym01

mtbkym01's project thread - Latest “1997 Worlds Winner - Yokomo MX-4 Super Dog Fighter”

Lovely looking chassis - it's scrubbed up beautifully. 

Can't get my head around that bent screw. How odd. I guess the spring takes out some of the load unevenness on the thrust bearing, but that doesn't explain why. Maybe it also straightens under load. Are these screws normally prone to loosening over time? I don't think mine have. 

• Thanks 1

Some more parts finally came in after a false start on some hubs, these are re-pro from Rubrix Racing Products, and quality is outstanding

The spur is just a spare, and 2 hubs wont be used either, but nice to have some spares.

I’ve also placed orders with TBG and JC Racing so all bits to actually finish the buggy are now in process. Looking forward to finish this one, which was intimidating at the start based on its condition and missing parts.

IMG_8080.jpeg

• Like 1

On the home straight now mate 👍🏻

Good to see you can post photos again to, what did you end up using in the end if you don’t mind me asking?

@Re-Bugged that pic is just an attachment, not hosted elsewhere. Still haven't worked what to do. I should have enough space on Flickr to show this car finished, but that will be it

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear about the photo hosting, that is a pickle. I wish I could offer some sound advice but technology is never my strong point 😬

• Thanks 1

53587143184_8b1dfca797_k.jpg

53587266040_f0dac3b8f7_k.jpg

4 pics left on my Flickr account, really need to try and sort my TCPhotos

• Like 4

Wow look at all that CF :wub:  What is the spring on the top deck? Is that for chassis flex, or some kind of belt tensioner?

@Room335 It is to control chassis flex, it’s ’m really happy how this is turning out, cant wait for my body to arrive to get it all finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1