Wal.d

Lunchbox

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

Yeah, it has a few mods and ignore the original Midnight Pumpkin in the 1st post....... it's been sold.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230596

Oh and one thing not on that thread was I bought a transmission brace that this guy was 3d printing them...looks like he isnt selling them anymore though.

p.jpg

I think that's the one made by PintoPower (member on here). He has a shapeways shop... https://www.shapeways.com/shops/AmPro

Event though I chopped up a TeamCRP kit for the front suspension...  I may want to buy his front arms instead.

7 minutes ago, khyzersoze said:

I think that's the one made by PintoPower (member on here). He has a shapeways shop... https://www.shapeways.com/shops/AmPro

Event though I chopped up a TeamCRP kit for the front suspension...  I may want to buy his front arms instead.

THATS THE GUY!! I didnt remember the sellers name as the link to the auction was dead.

12 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Hope to see this LB on the top 10 Speed list son ;p

HAH!!!!!! It's slow....... and the tires on these things are so hard to balance it's **** near impossible to run these things fast without it starting to look like it's got the shakes

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

HAH!!!!!! It's slow....... and the tires on these things are so hard to balance it's **** near impossible to run these things fast without it starting to look like it's got the shakes

I'm running a 13.5T brushless.... I think that's plenty fast for this car.

2 hours ago, khyzersoze said:

I'm running a 13.5T brushless.... I think that's plenty fast for this car.

21T brushed........... and a 13.5 is WAY fast for these guys.

I've got 3 of them in various states of incompleteness. Hoping to have one running soon. I've got a Novak 8.5 brushless system I bought years ago that I'm threatening ton put in one. 

I've read over the years that if you insist on running the hard body, you better get aluminum body posts. Not necessary with the lexan, though. 

1 hour ago, emory70 said:

[...] I've read over the years that if you insist on running the hard body, you better get aluminum body posts. Not necessary with the lexan, though. 

Well, most the problem with the fragility of the plastic bodyposts has to do with the fact that the original ABS Dodge Tradesman bodyshell doesn't have any type of support on the back of the chassis.

If you check closer your Lunchbox you'll notice the front part lay on the top front part of the bathtub, giving it strength, but that doesn't happen rear, as the only support the bodyshell has on the back are nothing more than... just the two rear plastic bodyposts! If you try with extra support at the rear for the bodyshell your Lunchbox is going to be far more resistant. Or at least resistant with the stock electronics. That Novak 8.5 might be a bit overkill for a truck like this one, even though the differential can do with that no problems at all ;)

Even with alloy mounts, and a Parma lexan body, I still managed to break the mounts off the chassis. I am on my 3rd chassis now.

I had a 4000kv in mine for a while, not overkill, hard to keep the front down though :lol:

20161129_191053_zpskdxkvein.jpg

• Like 1

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 6:12 AM, berman said:

Even with alloy mounts, and a Parma lexan body, I still managed to break the mounts off the chassis. I am on my 3rd chassis now.

Snapped on mine exactly the same, ended up trying angle iron bracing! (Had to get a new chassis in the end)

Gone back to original plastic body posts.

Wonder if it's better to have cheap , easy fix, weak link. Plastic screws bolting down the aluminium body post? 🤔

Good timing for this tonne top of the thread list. 

I have one of a mates 7 year old son. Gearbox and suspension problems, so I'm fixing it. 

- Getting oil filled shocks

- 3rd/5th shock mod

- Bearings all round

- and a sports tuned. 

Fun cars. Always been great for kids. 

My current build is using a solid rod with ball ends instead of the 3rd/5th shock. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably go with Pinto's little bracket thingy.

Can't decide if I wanna run Imex G Hawgs or a set of vintage Jumbo Dawgs. 

I see a lot of new parts being made for the 'Boxes, mostly aluminum stuff coming from China. Is anyone using any of it? I have a pair of aluminum steering knuckles that I hit in case I go with the ludicrous Jumbo Dawgs.