Hello all

built quite a few CC01s over the last couple of years and sold a couple that I regret selling. 

My Disco was build number 2 but been my favourite so far and wanted to do another for over a year, this week I managed to get hold of another new bright shell so another build begins :D

Shell arrived in great nick, only flaw is the fake mud splatter. 

20160912_180247_zpsbmlnbist.jpg

20160912_180301_zpsya0uxjbz.jpg

took all the bits off the shell to prep for painting, few ways to remove the mud but couldn't get hold of the best product so good old fashioned wet and dry to smooth the body down, primered and ready for painting at the weekend

this is look I'm aiming for 

images_zpszkvp4hcx.jpg

wont post build pics as won't be re inventing the wheel but any questions along the way, I'd look forward to them :D

• Like 1

Took all the bits of the shell and sanded all the dreadful fake mud off, filled the holes for the roof rack as I'm not going to refit it at this stage. 

Sprayed up with primer, several coats and keyed in between each coat.

20160924_152119_zpsz9yug6qk.jpg

left to dry for 2 days and several coats of white, again keyed between each coat.

test fit on chassis

20161002_165652_zpspcz8bf0d.jpg

This is my 3rd disco build so I know a few bits I definitely need to do, one is wheel arches will need a trim to allow suspension to fully flex

I'm also thinking of removing black windscreen and front windows to replace with clear lexan so I can add an interior...... Maybe:D

Masked shell up and sprayed black bits

20161009_172916_zpsfgx9gvir.jpg

20161009_173001_zpsglvgpbql.jpg

tried to clean the headlights but completely shot and beyond repair so going to attempt to make some new ones. Never done it before but everyday is a schoolday :D

20161009_173405_zps4xhrwboz.jpg

28 minutes ago, kirk13 said:

Following avidly! 👏

Thanks kirk and honoured!! :)

Any questions, comments and advice very welcomed 

• Like 1

How is the shell mounted - is it with magnets?

And do they do a Wayne Rooney figure for a driver? :lol:

19 hours ago, Illogical said:

How is the shell mounted - is it with magnets?

And do they do a Wayne Rooney figure for a driver? :lol:

It's mounted using Velcro strips under bonnet and rear roof

if they do a Wayne Rooney he won't be in my disco! :D

• Like 1

Made some new headlight lenses from a clear plastic drinks bottle (cheaper than lexan!!) Plastic lamp guards beyond repair, practicing a few ideas but for now, made a surround from trusty bottle and edged in black :D

grill sprayed black, nudge bar added and fitted rear light clusters

• Like 2

Busy with work and haven't had much free time lately to progress things. Also the paint I used to spray the shell white was from the bargain shop and was terrible so took the details off and resprayed a slightly different white..not that you can notice!! :)

The black wheels were borrowed from my other disco so sourced some 5 spoke and painted them silver.

i plan to cut out windscreen and front windows to replace with clear lexan...I think! If my skills permit 😃 

20161113_144954_zpse0qwhqfb.jpg

20161113_144922_zps1w7qfib6.jpg

• Like 2

Grabbed the dremel and took the plunge to cut out front windows.....this might end in tears!  😁

drew round windscreen for a template before I cut it and made a new screen from clear plastic 

20161114_190325_zpsklwyijyi.jpg

fitted back into shell for a quick look...

20161114_190626_zpsnrwsmn1n.jpg

needs cleaner trimming before clear window(s) fitting. Undecided whether to leave front windows open or add clear and give them a light tamiya smoke spray....

• Like 1

Haven't had much free time but Saturday I cut some clear plastic for the windscreen and fitted it. Also made another 4 link rear suspension setup for the chassis which will be used for this build.

need to repaint the arches again and fit LEDs and think that'll be it finished......ready to get off road and mucky! :)

2016_1218_11130600_zpsfes348cj.jpg

2016_1218_11133000_zpsxprox1c3.jpg

2016_1218_11134800_zpsie7pynya.jpg

Pretty pleased so far.. Hope it meets with approval 😄

• Like 6