WRC4 me

Wanted: classic rally bodies

Hi all,

I'm just starting out with an RC rally car and really don't like the more modern stuff such as the Evo X or Impreza hatchback.

If anyone has one of the following gathering dust with the original decal set applied then please shout. I don't mind a bit of restoration work if needed - but can't work miracles, however!

• Toyota Celica GT-Four 1990
  • Toyota Celica GT-Four RC / 93
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V / VI
  • Subaru Impreza WRC 97 / 99
  • Subaru Impreza WRC 2001
  • Citroën Xsara WRC

Many thanks for looking.

I have the Toyota Celica GT-Four RC '93, but it's not in great condition. Many of the plastics have yellowed, and it's been drilled in the rear to accept different bodypost locations. I'll snap a few pics when I get home.

BTW: The Lancia Delta is still readily available new.

• Like 1

Many thanks GooneyBird.

I've seen the Lancia in one or two places and it's pretty but I think that Tamiya got the look of the Japanese cars a bit better. The 'curvy' Celica looks amazing.

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

As you can see, it's quite used. However, with the strengthening goop on the inside of the front bumper it is still in one piece. The separate plastic parts have yellowed quite badly, and it's lacking its mirrors. But, it does have all the original decals, and it's the curvy Celica like you wanted. 

In terms of price, maybe €10 + shipping?

• Like 1

Many thanks GooneyBird!

I can probably just about do something with that - thank you so much. Will drop you a PM.

All other bodies considered!

Well, yes, but keep in mind the Corolla has a short (237mm) wheelbase. Some cars can be modified/built to allow for that shorter wheelbase (TA03S, TA04S come to mind), but not all. 

Hi Thomas - I was thinking of the MF-01X from the Jimny kit. That seems really good off road and 239 mm could work? 

No, that's too narrow. That is an M-chassis, meant for M-chassis bodies.
You could modify it with TL01 suspension all around, including driveshafts, to get it to the width required though, but that requires some careful kitbashing.

2 hours ago, WRC4 me said:

Yes that sounds quite serious. I'll sit on that idea for now then!

You could buy my TA03R-S (237mm) really cheaply from me.  It can be re-assembled as front-motor, but I understand it's prettier if you use the TA03F gearbox parts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer firefoxussr. I might have to come back to you on that one if a Corolla WRC shell turns up!

• Like 1

You after the Tamiya Corrolla WRC or other make?? I think I have either an HPI or Proline Toyota Corolla with Castrol livery decals here

• Like 1