Nitomor

Aqroshot DT03-T 'Monster Racer'

Sadly I haven’t had much time for RC this year so i can’t really comment other than to say it hasn’t given any problems thus far!

cheers

Nito

On 11/22/2016 at 6:40 PM, Nitomor said:

Well chuffed with the front grill...

large.IMG_1279.JPG.6abac862c3dc0bcf9c41d

Love the whole build!  Many ideas for a kid-friendly build.  Regarding the Alclad you used for the grille,  is that spray or brush?  Looks great!

Thank you very much.

It is airbrushed on, the alclad seems to work better on lexan than hard shells where it’s harder to achieve quite the same level of lustre on larger areas, yet generally fine for detailing. Good stuff nonetheless and needs to be applied at very low pressures.

Just catching up with this build thread. Very interesting project, Nito! I like your angle on the agile sports truck concept. 

• Like 1

Thanks Alex. It was a great build, I had a lot of fun with it and it came out better than I could have anticipated, particularly from a performance perspective. It’s a cracking runner, very effective, I just haven’t had the opportunity to use it much since completing it!! Looking forward to running it more in the summer and painting my Coke bottle which will take care of all the air visible under the arches!

Cheers

Nito

8 hours ago, Prescient said:

@Nitomorcan't believe this was a 2016 build and you totalled it over a year ago. Where has the time gone.

Tell me about it! I’ve had such a busy year last year with barely any time for RC. I built a Bigwig chassis in march but never finished the shell, and a G601 xmas build, again awaiting the shell. That’s it! I’ve relocated my RC den to the attic as the wife wanted the conservatory back so hopefully I’ll get back on to it this year :) The weeks have already flown by this year too. Crazy times.

Cheers

Nito