gravetxt-1

Alex's ZRP Retro Racer aka ???

Had this battery tray and sliding lid custom made for me by Aron aka SicNme products based on ebay. Design is simplicity itself exactly how I like it battery tray is attached to the chassis plates with two screws per side.

Aron is the man B)

battery tray mounted 001 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 002 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 003 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 004 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 005 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 006 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 007 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 008 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 009 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 010 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 011 (Small).JPG

battery tray mounted 012 (Small).JPG

ESC and receiver mounted at the front of the motors four wheel steer is installed and Crawler King drive shafts installed so truck itself is finished.

Just need to finish off the body and truck is finished body has been posted to www.aerograffiti.co.uk to be pro airbrushed by Jo Taylor will be completed by the end of august so stay tuned...

cd roller finished 001 (Small).JPG

cd roller finished 002 (Small).JPG

cd roller finished 003 (Small).JPG

cd roller finished 004 (Small).JPG

Bit more progress for you guys removed chrome off the grill with thick bleach (you can use thin as well) does not harm plastic in anyway shape or form took over two weeks so you need to be patient.

Every three days or so you will need to use fresh bleach as its power lessens over time simply leave it floating in the bleach and you will end up with perfect plastic surface to spray onto. The chrome literally melts like putting an ice lolly into hot water.

Sprayed grill Tamiya TS 52 candy lime green to give it spooky appearance to match lettering B)

Primed and sprayed clod body Tamiya TS 14 black then posted off body to Jo Taylor www.aerograffiti.co.uk and she air brushed Clawing Dead lettering onto the doors for me. Sadly photos do not do the quality of work justice the lettering has really cool fading light green to dark green and dark green shadowing behind it. Photos do not show sharpness of the lines either.

Jo then clear coated entire body for me awesome job done by Jo very happy :) need to wait for clear coat to fully harden then I can re open body mount holes and mount body on the chassis.

Be patient body on shots to follow soon!

P1010952 (Small).JPG

P1010953 (Small).JPG

P1010978 (Small).JPG

P1010972 (Small).JPG

P1010973 (Small).JPG

P1010976 (Small).JPG

P1010977 (Small).JPG

P1010984 (Small).JPG

Guys anyway to fill in a hole in a hard body? As you can see made a right mess of one of the body mount holes really gutting.

P1010997 (Small).JPG

P1020001 (Small).JPG

P1020003 (Small).JPG

P1020006 (Small).JPG

@gravetxt-1

Hi mate, looking good. 

You can use fairy power spray to remove certain paints and most chrome from chromed plastic in a couple of hours, takes a bit of scrubbing after soaking.

And/or you can use autosol metal polish to blast through it in seconds with some scrubbing.

As for your hole, nothing but fill and repaint for a perfect solution. You will need to reinforce well from the underside due to forces from body posts and then pad the opposite side so the body stays level. 

However, trying to fill, flatten and refinish without damaging the rest of the bed is nigh on impossible. Then touch up is very hard. 

In theory you can touch up ok with x-1 black painted on if you can fill without having to sand, possibly use a two part putty that dries hard. It stays rubbery whilst you work so won't overspill and you can press into place on the top rather than cut, sand.

I would personally make a small tab to go both sides for symmetry that ties into the edge of the roll bar mount to cover it over. Paint this with ts-black or x-1 black and lacquer then fit. A small tab/cover will gloss up wonderfully so will look ok.

Final option is to use wooden or aluminium slats on the bed as it's in a point where it will cover it and would look quite cool as a liner. Or even chequer plate it. 

• Like 1

What do you think so far guys? Next few steps to do then truck is finished;

# Decals for super charger and reg' plate

# Custom roll bar and custom light bar

# De chrome wheels and have them hydro dipped candy lime green

P1020009 (Small).JPG

P1020014 (Small).JPG

P1020016 (Small).JPG

P1020017 (Small).JPG

P1020021 (Small).JPG

P1020025 (Small).JPG

P1020027 (Small).JPG

P1020029 (Small).JPG

P1020033 (Small).JPG

P1020038 (Small).JPG

• Like 2

I'm really liking the look of this! I love the lime and black color combo. The last pic almost looks like a full size monster truck.

19 hours ago, Saito2 said:

I'm really liking the look of this! I love the lime and black color combo. The last pic almost looks like a full size monster truck.

Thanks buddy makes all the time and effort put into this truck worth it :) took only 48 hours to de chrome the wheels in a bath of thick bleach as opposed to two and a half weeks for the grill piece.

Turns out the plastic underneath the chrome on a set of Clod wheels is two grey and two midnight pumpkin yellow. Who knew!

Wheels will now be posted off to get hydro dipped candy lime green B)

P1020041 (Small).JPG

Clawing Dead is finished. Regrets? Should have sprayed four links candy lime green. Sorry for the poor photos taking photos is not my strong point. Really hope you guys like the finished article it has been a lot of time and effort.

P1020079 (Small).JPG

P1020080 (Small).JPG

P1020075 (Small).JPG

P1020076 (Small).JPG

P1020077 (Small).JPG

P1020078 (Small).JPG

P1020084 (Small).JPG

P1020087 (Small).JPG

P1020092 (Small).JPG

P1020094 (Small).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is so cool! I love the old school Clod look with the TXT-2 goods and high tech chassis! Perfect combo of performance goodies and retro styling!

• Thanks 1

I saw that! Congratulations! Its a sweet truck and deserved to win.

Took some fresh photos as I have entered the murky world of FB I joined the SAMM group so might as well post the photos here as well. Might sell this truck if you are interested in buying let me know as I already have new truck designs in my head I am not much of a collector I enjoy the building side of things.

P1020274 (Small).JPG

P1020275 (Small).JPG

P1020276 (Small).JPG

P1020277 (Small).JPG

P1020282 (Small).JPG

P1020285 (Small).JPG

P1020286 (Small).JPG

P1020287 (Small).JPG

P1020289 (Small).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1