Terz1

Vintage blackfoot questions

15 hours ago, terragni said:

Mr Muffin is the best, just be careful, he writes some weird stuff on the contents description of his packages ;)

HAHA , you had that too :lol:  Gold ! .  

• Like 3

Ben, can you send me a 3x8mm self tapper, just so I don't feel left out? :(

• Like 1

On 10/9/2016 at 8:35 AM, Terz1 said:

Beef. You are the best. B)

22 hours ago, terragni said:

Mr Muffin is the best, just be careful, he writes some weird stuff on the contents description of his packages ;)

7 hours ago, matman said:

HAHA , you had that too :lol:  Gold ! .  

LOL, yeah... I'm pretty much the most awesome guy ever.  Suck it Gandhi and Jesus.  Except I'm not always the most punctual about getting to stuff.  But I do try.

53 minutes ago, berman said:

Ben, can you send me a 3x8mm self tapper, just so I don't feel left out? :(

Yeah man - any time you need a little screw, you know you can count on me.  Too bad it didn't come up a few weeks ago when your neighbor Bruce got his hands on my little brown package.  You guys could have arranged a quick little hand-off somewhere...

• Like 4

I'm interested in these weird content descriptions on the packages now :lol:.

Years back I was a member of a car forum and a guy used to make these car parts. I can't even remember what they were, may be badges I think. Anyway he did a really good job of them but he was known as the cat food guy too because he always sent out these little car parts in the little boxes that hold the cat food sachets. Everyone used to look forward to the cat food box arriving. In this forum it's looking forward to beefs quotes by the sound of it. :D

13 hours ago, Terz1 said:

I'm interested in these weird content descriptions on the packages now :lol:.

Years back I was a member of a car forum and a guy used to make these car parts. I can't even remember what they were, may be badges I think. Anyway he did a really good job of them but he was known as the cat food guy too because he always sent out these little car parts in the little boxes that hold the cat food sachets. Everyone used to look forward to the cat food box arriving. In this forum it's looking forward to beefs quotes by the sound of it. :D

I would, but I will be in contravention of the terms & conditions, namely :

You may not use, or allow others to use, your membership to:

- Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;

:D

Don't send the wife to the post office to pick your package

• Like 1

:lol: Oh I get it now. The package contents description may not be exactly accurate in an obscene way ;). I'll go to pick it up in fake glasses, mustache and beard combo so I'm not recognised. Lol 

Hello Mr. Postman. I've come to collect my package. It's rc parts, honest. 

ShavingCream_zpsubacow7k.jpg

• Like 1

Just thought I'd add that's not me. I've never worn glasses. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

Just thought I'd add that's not me. I've never worn glasses. :lol:

That's why its called a disguise.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

That's why its called a disguise.....

Yes true.

Just joking about. Saying that I've never worn glasses was implying that I've had a fake beard and mustache made out of shaving foam and do wear underpants/boxers/briefs or whatever anyone calls them on my head. Which I don't. Lol

• Like 1

Hey @Terz1 I'm waiting to hear back from @mongoose1983 (sent you a PM Erich!) on one thing before getting back to you on the parts.  Then you'll find out for yourself how twisted, how stupendously demented @terragni, @matman, @chickenman242tk and others know the BEEF brain truly is... muhahahahaha!!  Heaven and Earth trembles before the unholy descriptions of the contents of packages I visit upon this puny world.

• Like 2

I feel like I stepped into a sauna that was sweatier than usual...  

[steps back out]

Terry

• Like 2

I'm sure I read someone on here had to collect a package from Beef from their post office a few months back, and found the label implied the contents were adult toys (not the r/c variety!)?  Can't remember which thread it was in now though

• Like 3

8 hours ago, beefmuffin said:

Hey @Terz1 I'm waiting to hear back from @mongoose1983 (sent you a PM Erich!) on one thing before getting back to you on the parts.  Then you'll find out for yourself how twisted, how stupendously demented @terragni, @matman, @chickenman242tk and others know the BEEF brain truly is... muhahahahaha!!  Heaven and Earth trembles before the unholy descriptions of the contents of packages I visit upon this puny world.

Thanks beef. I think I'll send my brother to pick anything up lol. I've warned everyone in the house sometime in the future a package may arrive that isn't what the description may say. This may have horribly back fired now and they may think I've tried to cover for a package that is bit dodgy and not rc parts. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 73robb said:

I'm sure I read someone on here had to collect a package from Beef from their post office a few months back, and found the label implied the contents were adult toys (not the r/c variety!)?  Can't remember which thread it was in now though

1 minute ago, Terz1 said:

Thanks beef. I think I'll send my brother to pick anything up lol. I've warned everyone in the house sometime in the future a package may arrive that isn't what the description may say. This may have horribly back fired now and they may think I've tried to cover for a package that is bit dodgy and not rc parts. :lol:

Come now, who doesn't like a nice box packed full of adult toys?  Is adult toys inaccurate or something? :D

• Like 4

Yes Beef, it is inaccurate - they are highly sophisticated models and we are engineers.  They are not toys and we are not overgrown kids (as my wife would put it)! :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 73robb said:

Yes Beef, it is inaccurate - they are highly sophisticated models and we are engineers.  They are not toys and we are not overgrown kids (as my wife would put it)! :D

So how about "ADULT MAN TOOLS (DEFINITELY NOTHING WEIRD OR PERVERTED)"?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 73robb said:

YEP!!! .. Been there & got looked at funny . Good job i new HER << Yes her & had to open it right there so she could

see it was """ NOT""" a adult toy . :lol:  .... 

• Like 1

It's good you are around Mr Beef . I think i need to buy some thing else off you :lol: . 

""Hope ""that it would turn up on a monday , New Girl ( funny enough HOPE is her Name )  works at PO !! . HAHA . 

Keep up the humour @beefmuffin , Your a legend M8 .

Oh , PS: for the Life of me , I can't find that WO chassis or even the Parts box with it in . Most of a WO in there all

NIP's & parts :( . Plus other parts of cars in different box , I have Know idea where it is , Let alone who would take it .

I "OMG!!"  Hope not , May have thrown it out thinking it was empty ? << well not THINKING at all .  

I think i have parts for a project & go to find it & no go , Or i'm going nuts ! .  

So sorry M8 . I'm not happy that i can't find them parts :( , alot of $$$ gone . 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2016 at 9:28 PM, matman said:

It's good you are around Mr Beef . I think i need to buy some thing else off you :lol: . 

""Hope ""that it would turn up on a monday , New Girl ( funny enough HOPE is her Name )  works at PO !! . HAHA . 

Keep up the humour @beefmuffin , Your a legend M8 .

Oh , PS: for the Life of me , I can't find that WO chassis or even the Parts box with it in . Most of a WO in there all

NIP's & parts :( . Plus other parts of cars in different box , I have Know idea where it is , Let alone who would take it .

I "OMG!!"  Hope not , May have thrown it out thinking it was empty ? << well not THINKING at all .  

I think i have parts for a project & go to find it & no go , Or i'm going nuts ! .  

So sorry M8 . I'm not happy that i can't find them parts :( , alot of $$$ gone . 

Hey Mat - it's all good, I found a W1 chassis a while ago.  Still have yet to get to the build but I think I've got everything I need for it now.

What are you looking for - parts, decals, other?

OK @Terz1 I spoke to @mongoose1983 about an idea I had Blackfoot grille related.  I have a bunch of parts going down to him in Chile soon, basically a whole Blackfoot in parts, which included a nice used vintage grille (top pic).  I do have another vintage grille I can send you if you'd want it, but it's in far less good shape - most of the chrome has flaked off.  However, there's an alternative solution, since I'm also sending Erich a 3d-printed grille insert from @Pintopower that he said he would be just as happy taking a re-re grille and using the grille insert as having the original grille.  So the proposal is to send you the nice original grille if you'd be willing to send him the current re-re grille you have.  I wouldn't ask you to cover shipping the parts from the U.S. and you can use those funds to send your grille to Erich.

OR if you prefer you can just take the less nice grille, if you want it - up to you... I have all the rest of those parts for you so it's down to the grille choice.

Here's the nice original one:

29633094034_2ff8436240_h.jpg

and here is a pic of both grilles:

30303231831_01653b7a60_h.jpg

Have a think and let me / us know what you decide!

Thanks beef. Great pics. I'd like the nice original grille if that's okay with the painted indicators :) . I'll get in touch with Erich @mongoose1983 and get his address and send him my new one. I've got a spare rear bumper  he can have too. 

I'll send you a pm beef. Thanks again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terz1 said:

I'll get in touch with Erich @mongoose1983 and get his address and send him my new one. I've got a spare rear bumper  he can have too.

Resultado de imagen para thumbs up

Thank you Beef and Terz1!

The rear bumper will be welcome :)

• Like 2

Excellent! :D I've sent you a message. They will soon be on there way.

• Like 2