Terz1

Vintage blackfoot questions

Hi Terry OK so lucky you I have spares I don't need or care to sell of all the stuff you need, all vintage (other than possibly point (ii) below).  Plus a NIP roll cage if you want it.  There are two caveats: (i) the servo cover was living on a vintage runner and at some point I deepened the opening on one side for the steering rods (see 2nd pic); (ii) I'm assuming by 'strut brace' you mean the part that connects the rear body mounts... if so I will have a re-re one you can have in a week or so but no vintage spares left.  I can have this stuff on its way tomorrow or I can send it when that re-re part is in hand - let me know your preference.  Also, if you meant something else by 'strut brace' let me know!

29884072263_fe006b34d2_b.jpg

30429803571_4b52414a92_c.jpg

• Like 1

That all looks fantastic beef muffin :).

That's right I meant the part that connects the rear body mounts but I have this part which has a temporary fix so I'll be fine without it. Honestly the parts you've got there are more than enough so I'm really happy with what you've shown in the pic. And yes the roll cage will be great too. 

Thaaaank you!!!! :):DB)

*There isn't an emoji to show how excited I am. :lol:. My blackfoot will be whole again

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

That all looks fantastic beef muffin :).

That's right I meant the part that connects the rear body mounts but I have this part which has a temporary fix so I'll be fine without it. Honestly the parts you've got there are more than enough so I'm really happy with what you've shown in the pic. And yes the roll cage will be great too. 

Thaaaank you!!!! :):DB)

*There isn't an emoji to show how excited I am. :lol:. My blackfoot will be whole again

Awesome!  And Erich gets to use that 3d-printed grille insert without the guilt of cutting up a decent vintage one.  Always happy when things work out like that.  Will send you the tracking details via PM in a bit. :D

• Like 1

yo beefmuffin (so used to wanting to say "curtain"), happen to have any spare pieces? for my Monster Beetle though?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iluvmud said:

yo beefmuffin (so used to wanting to say "curtain"), happen to have any spare pieces? for my Monster Beetle though?

What do you need?  I def have some, but I'm doing some work on my runner MB so I prob will need to finish that to know what I can spare..

21 minutes ago, beefmuffin said:

What do you need?  I def have some, but I'm doing some work on my runner MB so I prob will need to finish that to know what I can spare..

these guys :)

Monster Beetle-

• Front nose piece thingy where the bumper bolts to
  • rear body mount cross bar piece
  • Wipers, and rear license plate (these dont need to be perfect as I'll be painting them :)  )

10 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

You know you want it...

http://r.ebay.com/Iraqbk

Terry

I did notice that... just curious though.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:06 AM, iluvmud said:

Man did I kill this thread :( 

If you're waiting on me, sometimes it can take me a while to get to things with my work schedule and stuff.  Sometimes the stars align and things are super quick, other times super slow.  But I eventually git'er done.

Just now, beefmuffin said:

I did notice that... just curious though.

If you're waiting on me, sometimes it can take me a while to get to things with my work schedule and stuff.  Sometimes the stars align and things are super quick, other times super slow.  But I eventually git'er done.

Ah.... there you are. and now I know....

hAJ0yQ.jpg

All my blackfoot parts arrived yesterday. So thank you beef I've now got a complete vintage blackfoot, and it drives :). Here's some pics of it. @beefmuffin

Chassis parts fitted

20161105_140429_zpslvzclwhz.jpg

Complete with vintage grille

20161105_140853-1_zps1xa4i7uq.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Terz1 said:

All my blackfoot parts arrived yesterday. So thank you beef I've now got a complete vintage blackfoot, and it drives :). Here's some pics of it. @beefmuffin

Chassis parts fitted

20161105_140429_zpslvzclwhz.jpg

Complete with vintage grille

20161105_140853-1_zps1xa4i7uq.jpg

Awesome!  Looks great.  =)

• Like 1

that looks so nice!  i'm new here and i've been thinking about restoring my old vintage black foot.  i just have a question:  what is a "re-re"?  have i mentioned i'm new here?!?

1 minute ago, dontcallmejames said:

that looks so nice!  i'm new here and i've been thinking about restoring my old vintage black foot.  i just have a question:  what is a "re-re"?  have i mentioned i'm new here?!?

"re-re" = re-release.  

The Original BF was released in 198x.  And Tamiya just "re-released" the BF this year.

Its basically the same car and 99% of the parts are interchangeable.  AFAIK the only changes are with the body (front grill) and the drive-shafts in the rear.  There's probably a couple more differences, but for all intent and purposes, they are the same car...

Terry

• Like 1

Just now, Frog Jumper said:

"re-re" = re-release.  

thanks for the quick reply.  i kinda figured that's what it meant.  I thought there may be multiple re-releases between this current year's and the original.  I'm assuming my old black foot packed in a box in my garage is one of the originals since i probably got it in 1988 or so.  i'm sure mine needs a lot of work.  i'm going to dig it out and see if it's worth trying to restore to original or just trick it out with newer updated components.

2 minutes ago, dontcallmejames said:

thanks for the quick reply.  i kinda figured that's what it meant.  I thought there may be multiple re-releases between this current year's and the original.  I'm assuming my old black foot packed in a box in my garage is one of the originals since i probably got it in 1988 or so.  i'm sure mine needs a lot of work.  i'm going to dig it out and see if it's worth trying to restore to original or just trick it out with newer updated components.

I went through the same exercise with my Frog a couple of years ago...  I ended up replacing 95% of my Original Frog with re-re parts (and other 3rd party hop-ups)...  Looking back now, I should have bought a re-re and upgraded that and kept my Original Frog "Original"...  

IMO, you should clean up and fix up your BF...  And buy a re-re for bashing in the backyard...

Terry

6 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

I went through the same exercise with my Frog a couple of years ago

I also have a Fox with a completely destroyed chassis and a F150 Baja.  I'd love to fix them all up.  

thanks for the advice.  sorry to OP for hijacking.

Love to see some pictures of your vintage blackfoot :). As frog jumper said the vintage and re-re are very similar. At a quick glance you'll notice the decals are different too. On the original the blackfoot has real manufacturer decals and the re-re has very similar looking fake company names. Also they had to take the ford mouldings off the body such as on the bonnet and rear tail gate and I think f150 on the wings.

Mine is in working condition now but is really for the shelf. I'll buy a re-re to use eventually unless they re-re the original mudblaster then that will be my orv run about.

LIke I said feel free to put any pics of your blackfoot on here. B)

3 hours ago, Terz1 said:

I'll buy a re-re to use eventually unless they re-re the original mudblaster then that will be my orv run about.

Just buy the Brat body and the appropriate mounts for the re-re BF...  I've thought about picking up a MB body to kick around, but there are other things that need to be picked up first (like new 2.2 wheels for some new monster tires)...

Terry

I've thought about that. Beef supplied some mounts to fit a brat body so I'm okay for those. I priced up all the seperate parts needed for the brat body and I might be able to get it cheaper buy buying an actual subaru brat and taking the body set out and selling it on either whole or parting it out. I've heard the brat comes with both a polycarbonate and hard body shell so the new owner would still have that body and the brat decals as I wouldn't use those.

Another option which is cheaper still is that I've still got a mudblaster 2 polycarbonate shell which is untouched from a mudblaster 2 kit I didn't use. I could do this vintage mudblaster box art and it would be good to go. Still I think the hard shells look fantastic and the polycarbonate shells don't feel as special.