Illogical

Fixing other peoples blunders

I remember back when I built my semi trailer for my Knight Hauler (back in '10) I started building it on a weekend evening and couldn't put the screwdriver down, it was 2am and I had spent most of that time repairing my stuff ups. One example, I had put the box floor upside down on the rails, and hadn't realised until the whole box was on the trailer and was trying to fit the motorised support legs (there is one screw hole on the boxes floor, for the support legs, that isn't symmetrical to all the other holes on the floor. And I'd missed it. 

So I starting dismantling it. 2am, quickly turned into 5am....

• Like 1

I bought a used M05 for racing purposes.  Not the best idea in the world but FWD m-chassis was the only allowable type of car in the class.  This one had been outfitted with an alloy wiper arm set that I could never really identify and had frequent binding problems.  Oh and then it decided to knock off the upper arms every time I found a corner.  And the handling was just off... all of the time.  I did get it to handle less crazy after trial and error.  One of the first races was most amusing as I'd just set it up for 240mm config and it drastically changed the handling.

So eventually the car needed a cleaning.  I used brake cleaner.  The chassis literally crumbled in my hands.  Not sure if the solvent was too much or just exposed the internal hairline cracks from me racing it, crashing it and the previous owner doing the same.   So I bought new chassis trees and a plastic wiper arm tree.... drove like a new car.

When the sole indoor racing track (and any on-road racing) went away I used the car to bash for a few months but decided the Cup Racer was way more fun.  

Sold the M05 and the F103. Both cars were purchased so I'd be race legal.  The F103 is pretty (Ferrari 412T1) but I just can't abide solid axle unless I have a carpet track.  Still have a 412 body if I can come up with an IFS/IRS chassis for it.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, berman said:

I remember back when I built my semi trailer for my Knight Hauler (back in '10) I started building it on a weekend evening and couldn't put the screwdriver down, it was 2am and I had spent most of that time repairing my stuff ups. One example, I had put the box floor upside down on the rails, and hadn't realised until the whole box was on the trailer and was trying to fit the motorised support legs (there is one screw hole on the boxes floor, for the support legs, that isn't symmetrical to all the other holes on the floor. And I'd missed it. 

So I starting dismantling it. 2am, quickly turned into 5am....

Almost did the same myself, noticed just in time !

Whenever I buy another used nitro, be it Ebay or elsewhere I expect the seller to have lied about everything from condition of engine, scuffs on the body, cracks on the body and how it's been built. This way I am never dissapointed!

• Like 1