Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

33 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I have a bucket full of silvercans and torque tuned motors so need to get on this. High voltage and low weight with a very big wheels.....

Don't forget a fire extinguisher   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I have a bucket full of silvercans and torque tuned motors so need to get on this. High voltage and low weight with a very big wheels.....

Don't forget "Down hill with a tail wind"

4 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Sounds like a Mad Bull job to me ;) 

• Thanks 1

Protoform Mazda 6 body for the 418. it's ready to go for a record attempt :ph34r:  

20170819_074111

• Like 5

1 hour ago, El Dougo said:

Protoform Mazda 6 body for the 418. it's ready to go for a record attempt :ph34r:  

20170819_074111

Well, lets see it go :D

This weekend Doug?

I'm hoping to get a Silver Can run (TA04 running RWD)

Silver Can TA04

And..the Brushless City Turbo is all ready, although I only have a 3s that will fit it.....may have to reduce the throttle 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Dougo said:

20170819_074111

Looks to be a couple more lurking in the back ground if that fails! 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Well, lets see it go :D

1 hour ago, Phil_H said:

This weekend Doug?

Hopefully tomorrow,  it's gonna be scary :wacko:

Good luck with the silver can run and looking forward to seeing the CT up on two wheels!   

• Like 1

I've tested the CT...it quite happily pops rolling wheelies :)  I may need to buy a 'Shelf' shell though...as it rolls very easily oops 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil_H said:

I'm hoping to get a Silver Can run (TA04 running RWD)

What's everyone else working on?  I don't have a plan yet although I've been thinking about 4S.

I had a quick look and I couldn't find any info on running them on high voltage, anyone got any knowledge or links?

2 hours ago, Phil_H said:

I've tested the CT...it quite happily pops rolling wheelies :)  I may need to buy a 'Shelf' shell though...as it rolls very easily oops 

The CT pops wheelies on nimh.... you can go for bonus kudus and do the whole speed run with the front wheels in the air, that would be comical ;)

Did you say brushless? Isn't that a silver can motor? You mean lipo?

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

The CT pops wheelies on nimh.... you can go for bonus kudus and do the whole speed run with the front wheels in the air, that would be comical ;)

Did you say brushless? Isn't that a silver can motor? You mean lipo?

Silver Can is in the TA04..

The Brushless is in the CT...although not as fast as I thought it may be with a 3s, think my ESC is limiting it. Still not bad. Will upload later.  It holds a wheelie quite well...but obviously doesn't have the constant pull to keep it up in the air, I didn't think to see if it would top out on 2 wheels...maybe tomorrow :) 

3 hours ago, El Dougo said:

What's everyone else working on?  I don't have a plan yet although I've been thinking about 4S.

I had a quick look and I couldn't find any info on running them on high voltage, anyone got any knowledge or links?

I've just come back from a 3s run with the TA...

Ended with a pretty smokey Silver Can :) ...although I was using massive gearing. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Phil_H said:

I've just come back from a 3s run with the TA...

Ended with a pretty smokey Silver Can :) ...although I was using massive gearing. 

Eagerly awaiting the video :)   

1 hour ago, Phil_H said:

Silver Can is in the TA04..

The Brushless is in the CT...although not as fast as I thought it may be with a 3s, think my ESC is limiting it. Still not bad. Will upload later.  It holds a wheelie quite well...but obviously doesn't have the constant pull to keep it up in the air, I didn't think to see if it would top out on 2 wheels...maybe tomorrow :) 

Sorry I just saw the silver can and misread ur comments.. so you got my silver can in the post ok?

Here is my HCT on 3s lipo.. but it had a Sport Tuned Motor not a silver can.. made 24KPH

for comparison only ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Dougo said:

I'm just working on putting 3S in a stock Mad Bull for the silver can challenge.  The most I've run a silver can on is 3S, if they're geared sensibly they don't even get that hot (I ran my Jugg2 like this on 15T pinions with no issues at all), so I think that they should cope with 4S for a speed run if not geared too excessively. I've no idea where I can get a brushed ESC that will take more than 3S though, I'm hoping I won't have to resort to using an MSC.....

On the back burner of my brain is the fact I have an old DF-02 chassis with a broken front end in the parts box. Thinking about cutting it off in front of the rear gearbox and attaching it to the back of my DF-02 to make a 6x6 with twin motors in. I've then got 2 silver cans to cope with high gearing (Double the torque for a small increase in weight), I could either use TT-01 spur gears in it, or fit mad bull wheels and tires all round.

• Like 3

Silver Can Entry....

TA04SS (RWD only)

Sliver Can

3s Lipo 

Hobbywing 1060 ESC

40t Pinion/77t Spur

Lots of Smoke :)

59 kph/36.6mph

Massive traction issues and a broken Servo that kept going on full lock at the touch of the steering. But got 2 runs in...both at 59kph. Not sure the motor has survived... lol  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Sorry I just saw the silver can and misread ur comments.. so you got my silver can in the post ok?

Did message you mate ;) 

30 minutes ago, Phil_H said:

Did message you mate ;) 

Didn't get it.. just checked.. must be a problem with my inbox as a few people said they messaged me and I got nothing, my inbox only 20% full,  odd.

Silver can entry

M03 - Mini Cooper

Silver can, TEU101BK, Nimh and 20t pinion ( largest available) 

29KPH / 18MPH

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Silver can entry

M03 - Mini Cooper

Silver can, TEU101BK, Nimh and 20t pinion ( largest available) 

29KPH / 18MPH

At least it outran the bullhead :ph34r:. Are we running 1 car per person for the silver can list, or can we have multiple entries ? If so, can you add my Jugg2 entry at 22kph on page 11 (It's already in the 4wd list).

Also, I think this is going to be a popular category, so can we make it a top 20 plz ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadInventor said:

I've no idea where I can get a brushed ESC that will take more than 3S though, I'm hoping I won't have to resort to using an MSC.....

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-0860-dual-brushed-esc/rc-car-products/388816

Just like the one in my bullhead! 😁 

Wonder if wiring the dual into single will double the amps! 🤔

29 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-0860-dual-brushed-esc/rc-car-products/388816

Just like the one in my bullhead! 😁 

Wonder if wiring the dual into single will double the amps! 🤔

That's good value for money, only trouble is I will need to a 4S LiPo to it as well.

• Like 1