• Like 5

10 hours ago, smirk-racing said:

Submission for non-Tamiya car:

80.7 mph / 130 kmh

1/14 Losi Mini 8ight

6s, 3660 motor, castle mamba esc

You nearly overtook that white car, and he had a massive head start:o

• Haha 1

Yeah I tried to let him get well past me but the 50-60mph difference in speed closed the gap rather quickly. 

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2017 at 4:17 AM, smirk-racing said:

6s, 3660 motor, castle mamba esc

That's impressive :)  What KV is your motor?

@Phil_H

20170831_181714

2 hours ago, El Dougo said:

@Phil_H

20170831_181714

Thanks!

The motor is 1600kv

I run LiHV so the actual voltage is a bit higher than "normal" 6s. 

4 hours ago, El Dougo said:

@Phil_H

20170831_181714

Oh...thats a big one :) 

Managed to get out to do some speed runs today. Got 53kph from the Mad Bull on silver cans (52kph on video), 25kph from the Juggernaut 2 on silver cans, and trying to beat 84kph fragged the spur gear in the DF-02  before getting a run on video (The spur gear twisted round the drive pin, which pressed the brass bush against the gearbox, which then melted a bit of the chassis and the gear cover). Video evidence will be uploaded when I get a chance.

Videos:

• Like 3

Non Tamiya Speed Entry. (Off road ;) ) 

Kyosho Sand Master

3900kv Brushless 

3s Lipo

91/27 Gearing 

1.5 Crawler Wheels/Tyres 

63Km/h (39mph)

• Like 3

Was running yesterday as well, I went big on gearing with all three cars and it didn't go well :rolleyes:

I removed the gear cover on the FF03 and switched from a 60 spur/41 pinion to 55 spur/50 pinion. It felt like it was struggling to pull the gearing and had an off at way over 70 (first run) which pulled a rear arm off :( 

20170903_083345

The geared up the Silver Can powered (+3 pinion -4 Spur)  TB04 Evo wouldn't pull over 40.  I think I cooked the motor either this time or on the last run, I will drop in a fresh can and give it another go.  

The 418 was overheating with a 66spur/47pinion so I geared it down to 75 spur/41 pinion and it was much better, not getting too hot and doing back to back pulls with no problems.  I got new record in the end so it eventually worked out ok, chuffed :) 

4wd Speed Run Entry:

TRF 418
94.8 Mph - 152.5 Kmh
Castle 1406, 7700kv motor
Castle Mamba Monster X,  ESC
3s Lipo, 4400Mah 65C
48dp. 75T Spur, 41T Pinion
Xceed Foam Tyres

100Mph is within grasp B)

• Like 10

I watched the TRF Run last night, impressive! Nice work. I'd not like to think how it would end up with a off at that speed! 

The poor FF03 :( lol

Not sure when I'll be doing a fast run again, got a few other projects going on at the mo. But I will be back! 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Managed to get out to do some speed runs today. Got 53kph from the Mad Bull on silver cans (52kph on video), 25kph from the Juggernaut 2 on silver cans, and trying to beat 84kph fragged the spur gear in the DF-02  before getting a run on video (The spur gear twisted round the drive pin, which pressed the brass bush against the gearbox, which then melted a bit of the chassis and the gear cover). Video evidence will be uploaded when I get a chance.

Videos:

Bad luck with the DF02, sounds like a bit of damage!

Do you want these two entries on the list as you haven't followed the usual format entry code ;)

Good runs Phil and Doug, updating the lists now... nearly 100mph can't be legal on a public road ( but then anything over 30mph in town is forbidden).. I wonder what plod would do if he caught us exceeding the speed limits ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, El Dougo said:

4wd Speed Run Entry:

TRF 418
94.8 Mph - 152.5 Kmh

At the risk of over dosing on exclamation marks and emoticons, 🤤🤤👍👍👍👍👍!!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Bad luck with the DF02, sounds like a bit of damage!

Do you want these two entries on the list as you haven't followed the usual format entry code ;)

Yeah, sorry about that.

Mad Bull, 53kph, Silver can + Hobbywing 1060 + 19T pinion, standard wheels & tires & 3S LiPo. 52kph, 32.3mph please enter in rwd category & silver can class & also +1 for number of car types in list (Brings me up to 10).

Juggernaut 2, silver cans + Ripmax unlimited ESC + 19T pinions, standard wheels & tires, 3S LiPo 25kph, 15.53mph, please update in silver can class (same speed now as Wooders Bullhead) & update the entry in the 4wd class (Just a bit more speed, no movement up the list unfortunately).

With regard to the DF-02, it's going to need a new spur gear, gear cover, and chassis. I just don't think the spur gears are strong enough for the motor, as this is the second one I've shredded. The drive shaft now turns freely inside the spur gear and the drive pin is still in there. I think the only real remedy would be a steel spur gear locitited onto a home made drive shaft. I'm starting to think the DF-02 has reached terminal velocity. After advancing the timing slightly the top speed went down to 79kph before the spur died, so am thinking about possibly retiring it and maybe looking for a belt drive 4wd on road car (Maybe a TA-05).

• Like 2

An update to the car I am building for this thread, and showing the body I have chosen. Chassis is finished.

TT02R - RWD

4370kv brushless to start with, then plan to move up to a Castle. Then, Lipo sometime after that.

66/37 gearing.

Currently waiting on a steering kit and wheels/tires. Both of which are held up due to the hurricane with no idea when they will show up. I had an issue with the PS-49 Sky Blue Anodized Aluminum paint. It sprayed a lot of moisture out of the can when I applied the paint. I am certain that I shook it enough before using it. Don't know what was wrong with it, but I kind of like the look. It gives the car a dirty appearance, as if it had been racing in the rain.

36870350701_98568f563f_b.jpg

37011339675_0872f0b1b2_b.jpg

37011340765_d320028b22_b.jpg

37011339105_d84556efc0_b.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

An update to the car I am building for this thread, and showing the body I have chosen. Chassis is finished.

TT02R - RWD

4370kv brushless to start with, then plan to move up to a Castle. Then, Lipo sometime after that.

66/37 gearing.

Currently waiting on a steering kit and wheels/tires. Both of which are held up due to the hurricane with no idea when they will show up. I had an issue with the PS-49 Sky Blue Anodized Aluminum paint. It sprayed a lot of moisture out of the can when I applied the paint. I am certain that I shook it enough before using it. Don't know what was wrong with it, but I kind of like the look. It gives the car a dirty appearance, as if it had been racing in the rain.

36870350701_98568f563f_b.jpg

37011339675_0872f0b1b2_b.jpg

37011340765_d320028b22_b.jpg

37011339105_d84556efc0_b.jpg

You are going to have to show a pic of a  37t pinion fitting in a stock tt02 lower deck

46 minutes ago, Macinnis said:

You are going to have to show a pic of a  37t pinion fitting in a stock tt02 lower deck

36841035492_55279e08e8_b.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Macinnis said:

does the cover fit?

Yep. 37 is the biggest you can fit in there. Couldn't run it without the cover, the shaft and bearing would jump out of place.

7 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Yep. 37 is the biggest you can fit in there. Couldn't run it without the cover, the shaft and bearing would jump out of place.

Good luck then! That thing should FLY

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Currently waiting on a steering kit and wheels/tires.

I love that Celica B)  What tyres did you go for? 

According to my man math it should be good for over 60Mph :ph34r:  

• Like 1