Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

@emspjay perfect spot for the lipo, added weight should help.. good luck! (PS where to buy spare Lexan bodies for this Pumpkin?)

@Keracticus Pots welcome to the club... nice ruins.. short and sweet love it ;p

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

It may not be the fastest time on the board, but I gotta give you credit for the fastest video yet. Right to the point in 16 seconds!

I'll see if I can get a shot of the silver can, GPS, do the run and another shot of the GPS in 15 seconds.

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

@emspjay perfect spot for the lipo, added weight should help.. good luck! (PS where to buy spare Lexan bodies for this Pumpkin?)

@Keracticus Pots welcome to the club... nice ruins.. short and sweet love it ;p

Thank you. And how perceptive, the Focus is a bit of a ruin! I'll get a shot of the body on the next run.

Thank you for managing this thread.  It gave me hours of fun looking at all the set ups and videos and was inspiration to dig out the old GPS.

KP

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Yikes it’s $45 shipping to UK

****! My experience with shipping something that size and weight to the UK for buyers on TC and Ebay is I think that would normally cost me $20-25USD unless rates just went way up? I will post a link to the manufacturer of the body below maybe they can offer a better rate? Also I got a re-re FAV NIB I got Christmas 2015, not sure what I want to do with that? ;)

https://parmapse.shptron.com/p/1-12-midnight-pumpkin-tamiya-clear-body

Thanks Ems, I’ve book marked that Parma shell and will try to find a UK seller somewhere.

As for the FAV... get building! I already laid down my FAV top speed somewhere on this thread and it went quite well being so heavy... still got it to wheelie though.

Edit : found it - 41mph on 3s with a tiny ol 3100kv Motor ;)

gauntlet laid down!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Thanks Ems, I’ve book marked that Parma shell and will try to find a UK seller somewhere.

As for the FAV... get building! I already laid down my FAV top speed somewhere on this thread and it went quite well being so heavy... still got it to wheelie though.

Edit : found it - 41mph on 3s with a tiny ol 3100kv Motor ;)

gauntlet laid down!

That looked silly fun. 

2nd comment on YouTube needs to lighten up however 🙄 

1 hour ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

That looked silly fun. 

2nd comment on YouTube needs to lighten up however 🙄 

NO way, he called me "ABS" - that's kinda cool for a "kook" ;p

Ahh I should get my FAV out of storage, where it is in a bin bag to stop dust settling on it, with the 4 x AA's sat next to the remote so they don't leak.. Poor FAV!

And that speed was with a lowly 3100kv motor!

• Haha 1

@Jason1145 Great run!! And great video editing!! So a brushless ESC won't fit inside the buggy? When I do get around to building mine maybe I will enter it in the silver can class.

10 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Ahh I should get my FAV out of storage, where it is in a bin bag to stop dust settling on it, with the 4 x AA's sat next to the remote so they don't leak.. Poor FAV!

:lol:That's not overpowered. Here's why,

1. The car was still in one piece when you finished the run

2. The tyres still had tread on them, and were still on the wheels.

3. The gearbox was still functional.

4. Nothing melted.

The car clearly requires more power to reach an acceptable level of insanity to be classed as overpowered ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

New updated rear Wheel Drive Entry, Re-re Midnight Pumpkin Black edition. 9 year old Traxxas Velion Brushless system, 18T pinion, Full Ball Bearings, Vintage See's aluminum Blackfoot wheels with stock tires, wheelie bar flipped upside down, 9 year old 11.1V  5000mah Lipo battery strapped to the front bumper. 46.5MPH/78.4KMH

I did not put the grill back on after the last run with my huge boat Lipo but I should have, because it picked up the wind so much under the body and even broke the body mount that I epoxied back together. I'm going to put the new body mounts on and reinstall the grill on the body. I think I might be able to get this thing over 50MPH, today was perfect for the run with no wind but not having the grill on really affected the speed and it would still pull the front wheels off the ground.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, emspjay said:

New updated rear Wheel Drive Entry, Re-re Midnight Pumpkin Black edition. 9 year old Traxxas Velion Brushless system, 18T pinion, Full Ball Bearings, Vintage See's aluminum Blackfoot wheels with stock tires, wheelie bar flipped upside down, 9 year old 11.1V  5000mah Lipo battery strapped to the front bumper. 46.5MPH/78.4KMH

I did not put the grill back on after the last run with my huge boat Lipo but I should have, because it picked up the wind so much under the body and even broke the body mount that I epoxied back together. I'm going to put the new body mounts on and reinstall the grill on the body. I think I might be able to get this thing over 50MPH, today was perfect for the run with no wind but not having the grill on really affected the speed and it would still pull the front wheels off the ground.

Thats some going! What tyres are they on those Blackfoot rims? 

My Blackfoot is nearly ready, I hope my mods will help the drive train hold together & I’ll be seeing how near your speeds I can get that with an 18t pinion.  

We are headed on holiday in a few days where there is a perfect speed run beach, hopefully it will be quiet enough this time of year for some good runs. So I got a little 2200 65c 3s battery that will fit with in the stock location of all the cars. 

Took it for quick test in the G6:

It make your realise how low the gearing is in the G6, even with the 20t pinon, a while back with the 3300kv motor & 2s it ran 18mph. 

Then yesterday with 4300kv motor & 2s was 22mph. Then I got 28mph with the 3s. I’m not sure that is maxed out there though so it will be getting a proper long run next week.

A problem with the G6 is that when the rear tyres balloon the rears are so close together they actually touch! 

I forgot the tyres aren’t glued yet either so it was all over the place when hitting the power, I Iost a front tyre all together in the video below so we had come off the main road for safety.

Here are the latest crashes. They are amazingly tough cars really, in the first crash Thunder Shot is doing over 30mph & it only broke a vintage suspension mount that was already cracked, it actually made it back for the second crash with only three wheels properly attached. Hornets vintage (already very bashed) body cracked a bit more on the back flip. The G6 had hardly any obvious damage at all! 

• Like 4

On 3/28/2018 at 12:42 PM, Jason1145 said:

Looks like your typical Traxxas troll lol.

They get so elitist and don't realise how pathetic they look taking it so seriously.

I mean, let's say in an ideal scenario that he's right. What has he achieved? King of playing with toy cars?

I get it all the time on my videos of converted toy grades: "Zomg throw that junk in the trash and get a real RC like a Slash" as if when I started the project I was aspiring to make a Traxxas Slash and failed.

I hate that about elitists. RC, music, home electronics etc etc. They always judge everything as if it's aspiring - and failing- to be the same as their preferred choice. 

Sorry for the rant lol. I just get fed up of the elitism and silly comments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Andyrt200Nice run with the Kong head! The tires are stock pumpkin the blackfoot wheels are a little taller so it makes them look low-profile.

11 hours ago, emspjay said:

List updated (love the PUMPKIN)

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Looks like your typical Traxxas troll lol.

They get so elitist and don't realise how pathetic they look taking it so seriously.

I mean, let's say in an ideal scenario that he's right. What has he achieved? King of playing with toy cars?

I get it all the time on my videos of converted toy grades: "Zomg throw that junk in the trashop and get a real RC like a Slash" as if when I started the project I was aspiring to make a Traxxas Slash rival!

I hate that about elitists. RC, music, home electronics etc etc. They always judge everything as if it's aspiring - and failing- to be the same as their preferred choice. 

Sorry for the rant lol. I just get fed up of the elitism and silly comments.

Yep true that pal.... in my older days I'd have gone after him/her/it but now I'm a bit maturer to sit back and giggle at them for a sec and then forget it ;p

3 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

We are headed on holiday in a few days where there is a perfect speed run beach, hopefully it will be quiet enough this time of year for some good runs. So I got a little 2200 65c 3s battery that will fit with in the stock location of all the cars. 

Took it for quick test in the G6:

It make your realise how low the gearing is in the G6, even with the 20t pinon, a while back with the 3300kv motor it got & 2s it ran 18mph. 

Then yesterday with 4300kv motor & 2s was 22mph. Then I got 28mph with the 3s. I’m not sure that is maxed out there though so it will be getting a proper long run next week.

A problem with the G6 is that when the rear tyres balloon the rears are so close together they actually touch! 

I forgot the tyres aren’t glued yet   either so it was all over the place when hitting the power, I Iost a front tyre all together in the video below so we had come off the main road for safety.

Here are the latest crashes. They are amazingly tough cars really, in the first crash Thunder Shot is doing over 30mph & it only broke a vintage suspension mount that was already cracked, it actually made it back for the second crash with only three wheels properly attached. Hornets vintage (already very bashed) body cracked a bit more on the back flip. The G6 had hardly any obvious damage at all! 

Yes great efforts there, That didn't look like a Thundershot what have you changed on it?

How buttock clenching is it to fear a far away roll over (turtle position) on a public road and then hear oncoming traffic in the distance!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Yes great efforts there, That didn't look like a Thundershot what have you changed on it?

How buttock clenching is it to fear a far away roll over (turtle position) on a public road and then hear oncoming traffic in the distance!

No it looks nothing like a Thunder Shot, particularly with the Blackfoot Xtreme wheels! The body is a Super Dragon, how it came about is here: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/72853-other-bodies-for-the-thunder-shot-boomerang-steering/&tab=comments#comment-535729

Yes it’s not the best using roads, luckily that one is straight for a long way so I could see there was nothing coming, but I turned just after the G6s big crash to see a car stopped waiting for me to get it out of the way, luckily it was on its wheels & still had 5 tyres to drive it of the road. I couldn’t work out where the car had come from till I looked back at the video, the guy happened to put out of his drive just as I passed & followed the G6 down the road, he got a good view of the big wipe out! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, emspjay said:

@Andyrt200Nice run with the Kong head! The tires are stock pumpkin the blackfoot wheels are a little taller so it makes them look low-profile.

Ah I thought they kind of looked like pumpkin ones but wasn’t sure they would stretch over Blackfoot rims, they obviously do! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

Ah I thought they kind of looked like pumpkin ones but wasn’t sure they would stretch over Blackfoot rims, they obviously do! 

I had an original Pumpkin back in the day and loved it! And I also loved the magazine adds for See's Aluminum wheels back in the day but they were way over my budget!! And most are still over my budget today! I found these on Ebay and got a good deal so I picked them up and the tires did fit so I was very happy!! They might not be specific Pumpkin/lunch Box wheels but I'm glad they fit and I can say I got vintage See's!!

• Like 1

New updated rear Wheel Drive Entry, Re-re Midnight Pumpkin Black edition. 9 year old Traxxas Velion Brushless system, 18T pinion, Full Ball Bearings, Vintage See's aluminum Blackfoot wheels with stock tires, wheelie bar flipped upside down, 9 year old 11.1V  5000mah Lipo battery strapped to the front bumper. 50.4MPH/81.1KMH

Very good weather today and a great run! I think it might have a few more MPH's in it. The 50.4MPH run had to be when I first came back at the camera. You can see I took off away from camera and went about 300-400FT down the road then came back screaming past the camera, then when I tried running back again it seemed like the battery died, I brought it back and I hit my mark of over 50MPH but something happened either to the battery or ESC because it was flashing red. I lost the ESC manual so I will have to look it up online and try to find out what happened.

Edit: Looks like my ESC went into thermal shutdown mode after that fast pass, so I guess I need to order a fan for it even being 40 degrees outside.

• Like 5

Lists updated!

Ems you are 6th fastest RWD and 10th fastest overall now congrats! ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emspjay said:

I think it might have a few more MPH's in it.

:o Will we see a RWD TT02 vs Pumpkin battle?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated!

Ems you are 6th fastest RWD and 10th fastest overall now congrats! ;)

Boss, I found an error. 

Emspjay - Midnight Pumpkin - 50.4 Morning PH / 81.1 KPH ( Video p83)

• Thanks 1