Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

26 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated!

Ems you are 6th fastest RWD and 10th fastest overall now congrats! ;)

Thank you!! This is so much fun!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

:o Will we see a RWD TT02 vs Pumpkin battle?

I am going to try for a few more MPH on the Pumpkin. But I have a F201 that a purchased after my street got repaved, it has a older Duratraxx brushless system I got on Ebay around 2014 (don't remember the KV). The first run it seemed liked the differentials was loose so I put it back on the shelf disappointed and pulled the RX for another project. I took it apart a few months back and tightened the diffs and am now just waiting for my new TX and RX for it. If it runs like crap again I'm going to sell it. My first Tamiya was the Frog and I still have it and restored it. I have a re-re Frog NIB but I think I want to buy another re-re Frog and try to make that as fast as possible!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Boss, I found an error. 

Haha I did type that out at gone midnight... too sleepy, thanks bud will fix it now.

• Like 1

Here's my first speed run entry, a Dancing Rider T3-01 so presumably it'll go in the rear wheel drive category.

Top speed of 30Mph/48.28Kph (not very clear on the video)

Running a 6000Kv Team Orion brushless motor, unbranded 25A esc, 2s Li-ion 7.4V battery (made from Makita drill cells).Standard gearing and tyres.

It was somewhat unstable with the phone strapped to the back, so there's more to come I think.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, emspjay said:

Thank you!! This is so much fun!!

Nice work emspjay! Awesome to see CW-01s holding their own and climbing the lists!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, emspjay said:

I am going to try for a few more MPH on the Pumpkin. But I have a F201 that a purchased after my street got repaved, it has a older Duratraxx brushless system I got on Ebay around 2014 (don't remember the KV). The first run it seemed liked the differentials was loose so I put it back on the shelf disappointed and pulled the RX for another project. I took it apart a few months back and tightened the diffs and am now just waiting for my new TX and RX for it. If it runs like crap again I'm going to sell it. My first Tamiya was the Frog and I still have it and restored it. I have a re-re Frog NIB but I think I want to buy another re-re Frog and try to make that as fast as possible!

Cool run the F201, no one has entered an F1 car yet ( I think) so it will be a first.... and to keep shadowing you I also plan to run my F103/104 hybrid thingy and another F103GT I have... been waiting for an excuse to jump them up the list of things to do is all ;)

• Like 1

I have an F103GT I'm planning to run actually, just hasn't got an ESC fitted at the moment. NSX body should do well for speed though?

Perhaps I'll sling something decent in it and go for the silver can record?!

• Like 3

Go for it Chris... I’ve got some HPI X Psttern tyres on my F103GT to try and get some rear wheel traction as they are supposed to be pretty grippy tyres but not run them yet.

Ive heard at 50MPH they are comfortable but after that the front end starts to get a little anti gravity ;)

Speed Run Entry

Tamiya XB Levant (4WD category)

Stock gearing = 16t pinion and 61t Spur 

2s lipo

Tamiya TBLE01S-01 ESC and Tamiya 16Turn brushless motor

Too speed = 34.9 KPH / 21.7 MPH

Disappointingly Slow :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Speed Run Entry

Tamiya XB Levant (4WD category)

Stock gearing = 16t pinion and 61t Spur 

2s lipo

Tamiya TBLE01S-01 ESC and Tamiya 16Turn brushless motor

Too speed = 34.9 KPH / 21.7 MPH

Disappointingly Slow :(

Do the XB series have bushings or ball bearings?

33 minutes ago, emspjay said:

Do the XB series have bushings or ball bearings?

Ball bearings and oil shocks on mine, I think that is standard on the XB range though.

12 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Ball bearings and oil shocks on mine, I think that is standard on the XB range though.

Wow then I would have expected more speed out of it also.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, emspjay said:

Wow then I would have expected more speed out of it also.

I’ll maybe look at putting a bigger pinion in there but I doubt that will yield a major jump... might have to just try a faster motor one day.

12 hours ago, stew_mac said:

Test run today didn’t got to plan. 

It sounded like a jet. What was your speed before the flip?

8 hours ago, IoWBasher said:

Here's my first speed run entry, a Dancing Rider T3-01 so presumably it'll go in the rear wheel drive category.

Top speed of 30Mph/48.28Kph (not very clear on the video)

I saw the 30. Confirmed IMO. Awesome car to speed run. Congrats!

30 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

It sounded like a jet. What was your speed before the flip?

Not sure if the speed as it flipped before the traps..

did hit 164.88kph this morning.

https://youtu.be/8MfbtWD0iNU 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Thank you, I've found a new obsession :D

8 hours ago, stew_mac said:

did hit 164.88kph this morning.

Absolutely bad word awesome.....:ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Dougo said:

Absolutely bad word awesome.....:ph34r:

Should have a few better videos in a few days. I have a few crashes that happened right at the traps where all the cameras are. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I have an F103GT I'm planning to run actually, just hasn't got an ESC fitted at the moment. NSX body should do well for speed though?

Perhaps I'll sling something decent in it and go for the silver can record?!

The NSX body will be fine, I've seen my friend hit over 80Mph with his :). If all goes well and you max the car out, it might be worth thinking about a different body to squeeze the extra few MPH out. 

I've also have a F103GT nearly ready to run with a R390 body on it, will be good to see what they can do.

Two official enteries

Both running the same

4300kv motor

2200 65c 3s lipo 

20T pinion

Stock wheels & tyres for each (though the Xtreme has long since lost its spikes!) 

G6-01 Kong Head (6x6)

31.8 mph, 51.1 kph

Blackfoot Xtreme (rear wheel drive)

34.0mph, 54.7kph

(or 34.5mph 55.5kph but didn’t catch the start of that run) 

You can see the G6 tyres just touching there, I want to run the two cars back to back to see what the speed difference was, not too much actually.

The G6-01 we built wide so it’s running the same suspension as the Xtreme, they are both running diff putty that makes the diffs very stiff LSDs. The G6 was much easier to keep on its wheels though! The G6 had a good long bash with the 2s lipo & freshly glued tyres it actually lost a rear drive shaft with no other damage so I assume it snapped! The Xtreme’s single diff has become a little looser with time but is still very effective. 

The 2s speed of the G6 was still 21mph so it was only the 3s that needed the extra space. We had the Scorcher out at the same time & that was also running 21 on the silver can, a great match on the beach! 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

Two official enteries

Both running the same

4300kv motor

2200 65c 3s lipo 

20T pinion

Stock wheels & tyres for each (though the Xtreme has long since lost its spikes!) 

G6-01 Kong Head (6x6)

31.8 mph, 51.1 kph

Brilliant!! 

Looks stable and at home at that speed! 🖒

Is that the first beach speed run? , setting the bench mark 🤔😁

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jason1145 said:

Cool run the F201, no one has entered an F1 car yet ( I think) so it will be a first.... and to keep shadowing you I also plan to run my F103/104 hybrid thingy and another F103GT I have... been waiting for an excuse to jump them up the list of things to do is all ;)

Going to sell the F201. Got my new RX/TX for it and installed today, diffs seem worse than before I tightened them. It is a cool model but way over complicated. I'm going to pull all the electronics out of it and put it on Ebay and then get me a new F104.