Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

13 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated ;)

Thanks, I made first place then, not too competition in the 6x6 category though :D 

I knew I’d seen a fast WT-01, I forgot it was yours though, that was some run, I was wondering how you got it so much faster than my Blackfoot then saw your motor!

I’m trying not to buy stuff I can’t use for other things just to do speed runs. I was very pleased to find the GoolRC 4300kv is perfect in the G6 with 2s, it will be living in that permanently after the rest of my cars have run, probably with an 18t pinion, just below 20mph will be a good bashing speed. Its so smooth at low speeds too, I wasn’t planning on getting any more brushless set ups as my older 3300kv was so lumpy it made any car horrible to drive unless it was flat out. So thanks very much for giving me a reason to try a new brushless set up :D

My new 3s battery isn’t quite so easy to justify but at least it will safely drop in the G6 if we do ever want more speed quickly! 

Mean time I’m hoping the weather is going to pick for some more runs before we come home from a very rainy beach holiday. I made sure we got packed all the holiday essentials:

0B3CDF8F-D2C3-4C54-90DE-7D9309EF5F60.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

I was very pleased to find the GoolRC 4300kv is perfect

Good to hear, just ordered a Goolrc set up off eBay, at £25 how could I refuse! 😁

3s and 4300kv, in the mad max/Dukes ,beach basher thing (really need to come up with a catchier name!? , General-DeeTee?) 

See what speed it'll run on sand 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Good to hear, just ordered a Goolrc set up off eBay, at £25 how could I refuse! 😁

3s and 4300kv, in the mad max/Dukes ,beach basher thing (really need to come up with a catchier name!? , General-DeeTee?) 

See what speed it'll run on sand 🤔

Got a link? The DT03 needs a new power plant. The girls are finding it too easy now!

18 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Got a link? The DT03 needs a new power plant. The girls are finding it too easy now!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-3650-4300KV-Brushless-Motor-w-60A-ESC-Combo-Set-for-1-10-RC-Car-W9M5/352269003730?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The pic is of the Goolrc, but says it's a generic motor / esc, see what turns up! 

I'm running the GoolRC 4370kV blue motor in my RWD TT02. Before it was in my RWD TT02, it got the crap beat out of it in my TT02B. 

15 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

Thanks, I made first place then, not too competition in the 6x6 category though :D 

Will see about that when I get my speedo fixed. lol.

duER8bL.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stew_mac said:

here is my 100mph run. 

Awesome run! I think Jason1145 will want all the specs of your car posted.

2 minutes ago, emspjay said:

Awesome run! I think Jason1145 will want all the specs of your car posted.

unfortunately I don't meet the criteria to be added to this list as i don't show the speed meter being zeroed at the start of the video. 

But to let everyone know. 

its a Tamiya TT02 with a colt body and a heap of custom carbon fibre work

motor is a castle creations 5700KV

ESC is a castle creation mamba monster 2 

battery is a 4s 5000mah 

gearing is 60/37

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stew_mac said:

unfortunately I don't meet the criteria to be added to this list as i don't show the speed meter being zeroed at the start of the video. 

But to let everyone know. 

its a Tamiya TT02 with a colt body and a heap of custom carbon fibre work

motor is a castle creations 5700KV

ESC is a castle creation mamba monster 2 

battery is a 4s 5000mah 

gearing is 60/37

Forgot about the speed meter being zeroed but that was a club speed run and sure it was legit. No reason for your club to try and scam anybody.  That was an amazing run!!!!! What size 5700KV? 3650 or bigger? I just got into the car speed thing, my fastest boat runs a 4082 1600KV.

• Like 1

the ROSA event i was at is recorded and i'm on their list... just not on the Tamiya club official top 10 fasted Rc'ers list. Which is cool, i understand the reasons but i thought i would still keep you guys upto date on my runs. 

the motor is a 1406 5700KV motor. I have an issue with it taking off when i apply too much power at the top end. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stew_mac said:

BD029A95-EFB3-4B95-A84F-0FD498863865.jpeg

Please keep updating us on your club speed runs!! It is amazing!! I was never doubting anything you post! I just want to learn more about getting more speed out of cars and boats! As I said i'm new to car speed runs this year. I started boat speed runs last year on a boat forum and have been asking the same amount of questions on that forum. So much to learn with all the new brushless power!! I'm old school from the 1980's technology!

1 minute ago, emspjay said:

Please keep updating us on your club speed runs!! It is amazing!! I was never doubting anything you post! I just want to learn more about getting more speed out of cars and boats! As I said i'm new to car speed runs this year. I started boat speed runs last year on a boat forum and have been asking the same amount of questions on that forum. So much to learn with all the new brushless power!! I'm old school from the 1980's technology!

no offence taken here mate. happy to help with any of your questions. I have only been doing it for a few months but i'm happy to let you know what i have learnt  

• Like 1

@speedy_w_beans I know my daughter would love to see that shell running around, maybe next year when I go to China I’ll bag it from HK ;)

And to then follow that post with a 100mph run.... that’s what RC is all about, funny and amazing right next to eachother.. great run @stew_mac

On 03/04/2018 at 10:56 AM, Man1c M0nk3y said:

I got the GoolRC from eBay but looking at my history it has been removed for some reason but a few different sellers have them. My motor is orange with no cooling fins, I didn’t work out what the differences were between it & the blue ones. I remember I selected mine as it has a bit of a higher current rating than some others at 60A, it was just over £30, I’ve wasted more than that on just ESCs to try to get 22t brushed motors to work, they all died very quickly. 

It just checked my new 3s battery is supposed to capable of delivering 286A but the GoolRC setup has been running fine with it. We got some great runs in with my old Hornet & Blackfoot yesterday, videos will follow. (I just need some wifi, looking forward to seeing that 100mph too!)

EDIT:

I forgot to add it didn’t come with a programming card (the supplied settings are fine thoughit seems even if you got one it wouldn’t change much & there is no obvious way of setting end points. So make sure you have a a TX that can adjust the end point I wasn’t getting full power to start with.

Lastly if you test run it before putting it in any car it the motor gets hot in your hand very quickly, but it seems fine I in the car with some load on it  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, stew_mac said:

here is the ROSA list were i make an appearance in the 100mph club!!! 

http://www.rossa.org.uk/speedclub.html

You guys are running insane speeds!!! That is amazing now I got to watch all the vids on that web page!!

• Like 1

Official entry:

Tamiya Hornet 

RWD

Standard tyres

Standard 18t pinion

4300kv 

3s lipo

43.4mph, 69.8kph

Very pleased with that :)

As much of my 32 year old first car there as possible, the body glued back together fine & stood up to all the crashing! The only mods are cross bolted gearbox / rear suspension mounts (to stop the chassis snapping at the back) & a third shock. 

It got 31mph with the 2s, better than the last try on the road at 25mph, it seems to like sand better! 

I tried it with the Blackfoot wheels but it was really hard to keep under control & ended up in the very wet sand, the 2s speed did go up from 31mph to 35mph but we didn’t try with the 3s we felt we were pushing our luck a little (I thought it seemed nice to leave fastest run being one with its proper kit wheels & tyres too). The crashes on sand are a lot kinder to the car but we kept losing the speed tracking phone & it took ages to find on such a big beach! I was in a hurry to get a good few runs in with my Blackfoot before my better half got fed up waiting also. Funnily enough Blackfoot was fine at those speeds with the very same wheels. Maybe it’s because they were only on the back of Hornet, maybe its because Hornet is so much lighter than Blackfoot, don’t know. The little clips of it back flipping at the end are obviously exaggerating the big wheel issues, but gives some idea.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Awesome run Andy!!! Especially since you did it in the sand and not a perfect road!! I have owned 2 grasshoppers and 1 Hornet, kinda regret selling those now.

Got my fan for the Pumpkin ESC, hope I can break my 50.4MPH run without going into thermal shutdown again. Just need some good weather again.

DSCN3026.JPG

• Like 3