Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

2 hours ago, El Dougo said:

Accident and Emergency, he has some blue toes but other than that he's fine. The EVO run was shot after the trip to the Hospital, you can see him moving in the Video when the car heads towards him.

Let's see it bud, that's 3 of my cars faster than your TA04 :D  I'm sure that next time out @Hyperlite will be taking your FF01 title too :lol:.   Big congrats on reaching 1000 subscribers and Atwood ripping your IP off, really awesome work :ph34r: 

Cheers dude...got the long wait for Youtube to re monetize my stuff now! End of June the reckon! 

Atwood didn't even link my original video in his one, probably would have hit 1000 overnight :lol:

Anyway, speed runs! I may have found a spot....but not sure if its long enough for the TA04, I have a few others lined up....including a Kamtec 3 wheeler, I painted it Yellow..so named it 'Trotter Racing' B) 

I sold the FF01!!! May have to look at getting another, I'm sure i'll be the 2nd fastest FF01 very soon. 

7 hours ago, El Dougo said:

You got anything big planned?

Larger wheels / tyres, plus a 7700kv 4pole in the Dark Impact plus 2x super shorty 2s lipos .Think I missed summer this year though, I was working! 

On 4/23/2018 at 3:50 PM, El Dougo said:

:lol:

Result 3Result 2

Ouch!! Glad no serious injury!! And it also looks like he managed to save his vape! ;)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated... more Champions League footy on!

You missed my 4wd TB EVO IV entry and Hyperlites 51Mph FF01 run which puts him at number 10 overall and third in the wrong wheel drive category :)  

On 24/04/2018 at 8:32 PM, Phil_H said:

Cheers dude...got the long wait for Youtube to re monetize my stuff now! End of June the reckon!

Sweet sweet Youtube money, when do you think you will get the Lambo on order :D   Its nice to see you getting the reward for the effort you put in, not that they were bad in the first place but your recant video's have all been really good quality.  Almost tempted to get myself some editing software :)

On 24/04/2018 at 9:02 PM, Wooders28 said:

Larger wheels / tyres, plus a 7700kv 4pole in the Dark Impact plus 2x super shorty 2s lipos .Think I missed summer this year though, I was working! 

That's deffo worthy bud but I was hoping that you would be sticking that setup in a touring car and going for crazy numbers.  TA05's are cheap hint hint ^_^   

Edited by El Dougo

3 hours ago, El Dougo said:

Sweet sweet Youtube money, when do you think you will get the Lambo on order :D   Its nice to see you getting the reward for the effort you put in, not that they were bad in the first place but your recant video's have all been really good quality.  Almost tempted to get myself some editing software :)

XB 1:10 Lambo on order :lol:

Cheers, most of my old Videos were static or a  little disjointed with a cheap action cam. My later ones are all with a GoPro and a lot on a telescopic arm...which makes a massive difference to the quality as you can get right down low and get some good angles all a little more stable. I'd like to at some point make enough money every few months to at least buy either a bit of new equipment or a new car/truck. I also just enjoy making the videos, and seeing an improvement in my recordings :)

• Haha 1

Official re-entry 

Super Blackfoot (Parma body)

RWD

stock 10t pinion 

stock size tyres

4300kv motor 

3s lipo

32.3mph, 52.0 kph

@Jason1145 I think you entered this as a King Blackfoot last time it ran with the old 3300kv & 2s, the King & Super have the same tough gearbox so for these purposes its not really that relevant which you call it! 

Not exactly as fast as the road cars, but I’d like to see you guys going straight from the speed runs to jumps ;) 

It handled the power perfectly, that was the same path the GF01 was undriveable on, we didn’t even need to try turning down the steering dual rates, I wish they would re-re this chassis! 

No chance of changing the pinion in this though, but still very close to the WT01 with its 20t pinion, that did 34mph (on 4300kv & 3s) with a much longer run on the beach. 

In other news I’ve ordered a 5200kv motor to try to push up Thunder Shots 50mph, but it just occurred to me I going to struggle to find somewhere to run it with out going back to that beach! 

• Like 2

@Andyrt200 I'll be rebuilding my Konghead this weekend for some speed runs, after all at the moment the worst I can be is second in the 6x6 category ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IoWBasher said:

@Andyrt200 I'll be rebuilding my Konghead this weekend for some speed runs, after all at the moment the worst I can be is second in the 6x6 category ! 

Ha, yes its a small category so far, though there may be a non G6 entry before long looking at the builds section! 

It will be interesting to see what speed you get, I think the rear tyres touching mean my speed is about the max with the stock tyres. 

@Jason1145 thanks very much for taking the time to do the list updates. I think there may be a certain 43mph Hornet (page 85) still missing, but you’re more than entitled to be taking your time with that one ;) 

Also I was checking back on my old CC01 thread & found it was you I was talking to about your plans to build a speed running CC01, I always wondered how that went, I couldn’t see any entry for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated, everyone go check your entries ;p

Number of cars @Andyrt200 is just below me with 8 👍 

(Note to self, get some more stuff running and fit this?  

2018-04-27_07-42-16

🤔) 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

@Jason1145 thanks very much for taking the time to do the list updates. I think there may be a certain 43mph Hornet (page 85) still missing, but you’re more than entitled to be taking your time with that one ;) 

Also I was checking back on my old CC01 thread & found it was you I was talking to about your plans to build a speed running CC01, I always wondered how that went, I couldn’t see any entry for it. 

Wow that’s a blast from the past... my old CC01 Landfreeder never got any Electrics installed despite buying a few hop ups and the CC01 Lowering kit from a member in Germany ( @Illogical) iirc. It’s been long since sold, another Tamiya whim come and gone ;)

Ill get onto page 85 and have a looksee and update thanks for the reminder.

@Wooders28 that little bean can of a motor ain’t got a cat in hells chance of.... wait.... 4.5 .... Splumppffffff!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

that little bean can of a motor ain’t got a cat in hells chance of.... wait.... 4.5 .... 

4.5t and 9100kv 😎

The amount of times I hovered over the buy button, and backed out, but at £25 (£28 delivered) it got the better of me 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyrt200 said:

Ha, yes its a small category so far, though there may be a non G6 entry before long looking at the builds section! 

It will be interesting to see what speed you get, I think the rear tyres touching mean my speed is about the max with the stock tyres. 

Yep I read in one of your posts about the stock tyres being the limiting factor, my first runs will be with them so indeed it will be an interesting comparison ;)

Funny you say about the CC01, as I'm in the process of building a CC01 Bug from a Lowrider Pajero kit.

Furthermore I've now got a 3S capable esc for my T3-01, at least I've got the fastest trike :D

Also I'd like to thank Jason1145 for his work on constantly updating this thread.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Number of cars @Andyrt200 is just below me with 8 👍 

(Note to self, get some more stuff running and fit this?  

2018-04-27_07-42-16

🤔) 

That motor looks lovely, the trouble with all these nice bits of kit is it’s not too expensive, you just don’t want to add it all up!

I need to double check that total of 8, I didn’t realise it had got so high. I was getting in a bit of trouble having so many cars in the house at one time, with all the motor swapping & rebuilding the next couple of runners all at once, so kind of lost track! My better half seems to think my workshop is a spare bedroom, they all had to be cleared out for the mother in law to come & stay over Easter, talk about double low blows....

I’ll take my son over to the outside store to do count later, I think that car total may be counting my Super Blackfoot twice, its in at 20b (at the popular 32.3mph!) but its also in at 27 as King Blackfoot, it was running a different body, motor & battery then though. (My King Blackfoot has become a parts  donor & hasn’t run in years :(

I have just ordered a second 4300kv set up, so will be trying the Clod Buster out with twin brushless power before long :)

I’m just tying to decide if I should stuff the 4300kv I have already in to the CR01 Rock Socker right now, I saw one brushless setup that said it was for all Tamiya cars except the CR01. 

I did try a 22turn brushed motor in it & the first low speed test killed the ESC that had been running the 22t fine in the Super Blackfoot, so I’m a little hesitant! 

I forgot to specifically film the silver can lol... I blame taking my daughter with me as she is such a distraction ( in a good way ) so his now has to go into the RWD category ( rules are rules)

Speed Run Entry

RWD category

F103 - F1 car

Silver can with 3300Mah Nimh battery

TEU-101BK ESC

104/22 gearing.

22.3 MPH / 35.9 KPH

It was pretty damp out so even these wide rubber tyres would spin out easily, this car is now going for sale in the Sales section - I might just take the radio out but leave everything else. 

• Like 6

Little helper made the video 😁

Still cute at that age. Just wait till she’s 14 🤬

Good job I have the patience of a saint 😂

Will have to do a run once the DT03 is back up and running. Need to see if the old Garmin still works first. 

Edit, faster run in new post.

Here's my 1st Konghead G6-01 6WD speed entry. 

Running an Ansmann Xirius Race 8T/4400KV Motor. HPI Vapor Pro ESC. Gens Ace 6500Mah 65C 2S Battery. Standard kit tyres on Heavy Dump Truck rims (No inserts), and using a 20T pinion.

There was an issue with my receiver aerial meaning I didn't have much range so could barely reach full throttle before having to brake, well that's my excuse anyway.

Still got 28Mph/45Kph and there's more to come, however as mentioned the tyres ballooning/touching are the limiting factor.

So after I have a more successful run on 2S, I'll be trying 3S with different wheels/tyres.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IoWBasher said:

Here's my 1st Konghead G6-01 6WD speed entry. 

Running an Ansmann Xirius Race 8T/4400KV Motor. HPI Vapor Pro ESC. Gens Ace 6500Mah 65C 2S Battery. Standard kit tyres on Heavy Dump Truck rims (No inserts), and using a 20T pinion.

There was an issue with my receiver aerial meaning I didn't have much range so could barely reach full throttle before having to brake, well that's my excuse anyway.

Still got 28Mph and there's more to come, however as mentioned the tyres ballooning/touching are the limiting factor.

So after I have a more successful run on 2S, I'll be trying 3S with different wheels/tyres

Wow that's some going on 2s! I think I only got something like 22mph on 2s with a 4300kv motor with the G6, maybe it's that big 2s battery you have! I did wonder if my old 2s was going off a bit....

@Jason1145 you do have some nice editing software & some good skills using it! My boy would have been grabbing the TX off me at that age (he used to sit on my knee controlling the throttle while I did the steering before he could even walk!) my daughter would be just like yours though & off after the car! Do watch out for them when speed running though, I hit my now 8 year old son while he was filming me the other day, luckily I trained him to be well 'ard & he took like a man B) "na didn't hurt at all dad" the big boots he had on helped a lot too! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

Wow that's some going on 2s! I think I only got something like 22mph on 2s with a 4300kv motor with the G6, maybe it's that big 2s battery you have! I did wonder if my old 2s was going off a bit....

The battery certainly isn't a limiting factor for me when I've ran it in the same car after using an older Gens Ace 2S 50C battery there was a noticeable increase in acceleration and top speed furthermore the motor is 2 pole with the emphasis more on rpm than torque.

The thing with ratings is that they're only really directly comparable with the same manufacturers products.

Tis fun this :D

Here's my 2nd Konghead G6-01 6WD speed entry. 33Mph/53.1Kph

With the dodgy receiver replaced I've got full range again so this is the max speed with this set up.

Running an Ansmann Xirius Race 8T/4400KV Motor. HPI Vapor Pro ESC. Gens Ace 6500Mah 65C 2S Battery. Standard kit tyres on Heavy Dump Truck rims (No inserts), and using a 20T pinion, I glued the tyres all around the rims rather than in a few spots to minimise ballooning.

The incident below ended my speed runs for the day.

Bring it on fellow 6wd'ers :P

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

@Jason1145 you do have some nice editing software & some good skills using it! My boy would have been grabbing the TX off me at that age (he used to sit on my knee controlling the throttle while I did the steering before he could even walk!) my daughter would be just like yours though & off after the car! Do watch out for them when speed running though, I hit my now 8 year old son while he was filming me the other day, luckily I trained him to be well 'ard & he took like a man B) "na didn't hurt at all dad" the big boots he had on helped a lot too! 

Lol I think my daughter would do the full Christians Ronaldo death roll if I ever hit her with a car... point taken though cheers pal ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IoWBasher said:

Bring it on fellow 6wd'ers :P

It's coming,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, be careful what you wish for.

FOVLx2k.jpg

Dying to get on the boards again. The last entry was great fun.

Good Thread.

• Like 4