Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

Those kong heads look like fun! That might be on my Christmas list this year!

• Like 1

Official entry (the most unsuitable yet?!)

CR-01 Rock Socker 

4x4

stock everything inc 25t pinion

4300kv motor

3s lipo

17.0mph, 27.3kph

We had fun trying to keep it on its wheels! 

No too bad for a truck that spends the rest of its time doing this:

Do we get the price of slowest brushless 3s entry?!

I needed my son to help me count were up to 8 cars, this makes 9 now. 

To see the effects of gearing, out of our 9 these had the very same 3s battery + 4300kv motor & got:

Thunder shot @ 50mph

Blackfoot @ 45mph (with a 17t pinion stuffed in)

Hornet @ 43mph

Blackfoot Xtream @ 34mph

G601 @ 32mph

CR01 @ 17mph

(I’m rounding to nearest whole number there) 

• Like 5

Nice entry Andy, that Rocksocker liked getting on two sudecwheels skit and great driving getting it back on all 4’s!

That beach run I’d have been tempted to try speeding straight across the little raging river ;) 

Will update the lists soon and that’s a good record on those speeds for different cars.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

I needed my son to help me count were up to 8 cars, this makes 9 now. 

I need to pull my finger out and get some more cars prepped and run!! 😁

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I need to pull my finger out and get some more cars prepped and run!! 😁

Same here. I've only got one car officially entered. It won't be until the middle or end of May that I can do anything RC related due to the bird migration taking up all of my free time. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Same here. I've only got one car officially entered. It won't be until the middle or end of May that I can do anything RC related due to the bird migration taking up all of my free time. 

Bird migration? Is that what you call American Spring break rofl ;)

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Bird migration? Is that what you call American Spring break rofl ;)

Nope. Birds fly south for the winter. In the Spring, they all come back. Their main flyway is along the Texas Gulf Coast. This is my opportunity to see and photograph birds that I don't regularly get to see. It interests me so much, that I took time off work just for this years migration. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Bird migration? 

I didn't want to reply, I actually thought it was to say the wife had left!

I'm useless at sympathy! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wooders28 said:

I didn't want to reply, I actually thought it was to say the wife had left!

I'm useless at sympathy! 😂

:lol: That would be a funny term to use in that situation. A very subtle "My wife flew the coop".  But, my girlfriend is just as much a bird nerd as I am. 

Besides, if my girlfriend did leave, you'd see a thread titled "My girlfriend left, I need a new Lunchbox". :lol:

• Haha 4

New entry coming soon,.............edited to add video and prompt @Jason1145

Tamiya Mad Bull

EZRUN 4300KV

2s Lipo

Wild dagger rear wheels and tyres as they were glued better than the mad bull ones.

33 MPH

53.10 KPH

Should get a few more MPH out of this, it was getting dark, thought it was faster though, will try again during daylight. was expecting closer to 40.

Considering my little quick drive thunder dragon is faster at 36mph.

Edit to add @MadInventor eat my dust dude. lol 

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, Kingfisher said:

:lol:

Besides, if my girlfriend did leave, you'd see a thread titled "My girlfriend left, I need a new Lunchbox". :lol:

You would let her take your lunchbox? :o:P:D

12 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

New entry coming soon,.............edited to add video and prompt @Jason1145

Tamiya Mad Bull

EZRUN 4300KV

2s Lipo

Wild dagger rear wheels and tyres as they were glued better than the mad bull ones.

33 MPH

53.10 KPH

Should get a few more MPH out of this, it was getting dark, thought it was faster though, will try again during daylight. was expecting closer to 40.

Considering my little quick drive thunder dragon is faster at 36mph.

Edit to add @MadInventor eat my dust dude. lol 

Just shows you should be running 3S. Silver can Vs 4300Kv brushless ~ .7mph improvement. ;)  Now go and try it with 3S :P

• Haha 1

Speed Run entry

Team Associated Trophy Rat ProSC10

Non Tamiya Car Category

2s lipo and 3300kv motor

Stock 18t pinion and stock spur

Stock SC wheels

Top speed 24.4 MPH / 39.2 KPH

I was expecting it to be faster but then I figured... only a 3300kv motor and smallish wheels... and the stock gearing of only an 18t pinion.... still thought it would be quicker lol!

I did like the DVC on it though, it tries to keep itself straight and does help for sure but can't work miracles when booted on dusty patches ;p

Next to run it with 3s and see where that goes.

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaand here’s the 3s run of the above Team AssociatedTrophy Rat ( jumping to 3s gets an extra 15.4 MPH) going into the Non Tamiya Cars list.

Top Speed 39.8 MPH / 64 KPH 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Just shows you should be running 3S. Silver can Vs 4300Kv brushless ~ .7mph improvement. ;)  Now go and try it with 3S :P

I think I can squeeze a 3s in there. lol. 

I broke it today, messing about, its only the front shock tower, I don't need steering for a speed run, hmmmmmmmmm,.... where's my cable ties?..

On 5/4/2018 at 4:12 PM, wolfdogstinkus said:

You would let her take your lunchbox? :o:P:D

It's hers. I've already come to that conclusion and got myself a Pumpkin. :)

• Like 2

On 05/05/2018 at 2:20 PM, Jason1145 said:

Aaaaaaaaand here’s the 3s run of the above Team AssociatedTrophy Rat

That looks like great chassis! Cool body too, have you had it long? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

That looks like great chassis! Cool body too, have you had it long? 

I only got it last week and that was the first ever run... speed running it... dedication huh?

Its a great car, the servo Speed seems so fast can compares to my normal stuff and it’s all fully waterproof so great for rinsing clean if I’m short of time.

The inbuilt gyro it comes with in the receiver is a new toy for me too and it’s great fun to see it work in the flesh and does help keep it going straight on acceleration and braking.... I’ve only had two battery packs through it but it’s all good so far.... room to put a bigger Pinion for more speed and yet to play with the sensitivity on the gyro (DVC)

• Like 1

I have a new running spot to try, you can see the road at the back of the track in the video it's badword huge but the surface isn't great.  I'm going back on Saturday with the TB Evo so the 100Mph day may finally come :)  

It's my 418 in the video which I converted for outdoor club racing (13.5T Boosted).  I joined the Cotswolds club and can now use the track anytime I want and it is as awesome as it looks :wub:.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, El Dougo said:

I have a new running spot to try, you can see the road at the back of the track in the video it's badword huge but the surface isn't great.  I'm going back on Saturday with the TB Evo so the 100Mph day may finally come :)  

Hope you get that magic 100+ mate! Will keep an eye out for the youtube upload :) 

18 hours ago, El Dougo said:

I have a new running spot to try, you can see the road at the back of the track in the video it's badword huge but the surface isn't great. 

Not sure what the rules are around an airport, @Phil_H may direct you, but, it's only a crime if you get caught! 🤔

(Or film it and put it on YouTube.. .😂)

34 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Not sure what the rules are around an airport, @Phil_H may direct you, but, it's only a crime if you get caught! 🤔

(Or film it and put it on YouTube.. .😂)

Luckily I never got caught haha...

Certainly no chance of using the Runway/Taxi way at my new place of work....it's open 24hrs :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Talking of runways I keep meaning to share this

https://maps.apple.com/?address=Kenley Common, Kenley, CR8, England&ll=51.304606,-0.095131&q=Marked Location&_ext=EiQpXnRM8nibSUAxAGjH5qyUzr85RlG46nuySUBBACCSY6boqD8%3D&t=h

I’m not entirely sure that link will work but hopefully you can find what I’m talking about should you live anywhere near the very  most south of London. It’s between Coulsdon & Caterham, its an old WW2 air field near where I used to live, but I haven’t been there for years. I’m not sure how suitable the surface is for speed runs its only used for gilders sometimes now but from what I remember it was totally accessible to the public at any time (I guess you have to watch out for the gliders!). I think the surface may be too rough now so don’t go making any special trips there, but if anyone happens to be passing it could be worth a look...

• Like 2