Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

18 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

some might find this interesting since it is not a usual way of filming. :lol:

That's one way to get a long run up 😎

Doubt you'd get away with that over in the UK, the roads ain't flat enough! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have another entry onto the lists. This time its a FF01 with the motor and esc from my last attempt with the TL01.

Quick spec

FF01 chassis

Brushless motor 

3S lipo

66T spur gear

98 Beetle body shell

https://youtu.be/f1ONPikAKUI

https://youtu.be/giM8PX8NLy0

I also done a run with the TL01 again but somewhat detuned from the 46mph run it last done

Quick spec

TL01 chassis

Tamiya sport tuned motor

Tamiya ESC

Speed tuned gear set

23T Pinion

2S lipo battery

2000 Mercedes CLK DTM 2000 body and wheels

https://youtu.be/BeFwohaq0VU

• Like 1

@Mitchellzz nice runs but the FF01 doesn’t show the speedo at zero plus there are some roll overs which all invalidate the entry sorry pal.

So far I see you on the 4wd list as the below entry :

29 - Mithcellzz - TT02 - 19 MPH (Video P92)

Plus the TL01 run just now 

Have you done anyother attempts that I missed?

On 8/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jason1145 said:

@Mitchellzz nice runs but the FF01 doesn’t show the speedo at zero plus there are some roll overs which all invalidate the entry sorry pal.

So far I see you on the 4wd list as the below entry :

29 - Mithcellzz - TT02 - 19 MPH (Video P92)

Plus the TL01 run just now 

Have you done anyother attempts that I missed?

Yeah in page 92 I had posted two videos. One of My TL01 clocking 46MPH and one of my lads TT01 doing 19MPH. So places 15 and 29 on the list. 

On the upside I have done some work on the FF and managed to add another 2Mph to my precarious speed and no rolls 🤣

9 hours ago, Mitchellzz said:

Yeah in page 92 I had posted two videos. One of My TL01 clocking 46MPH and one of my lads TT01 doing 19MPH. So places 15 and 29 on the list. 

On the upside I have done some work on the FF and managed to add another 2Mph to my precarious speed and no rolls 🤣

Mitch can you post all the info in one go so it’s easy to grab and go back to the 1st page to enter.. I need the top speed in MPH and KPH ...  for example viewing your FF01 run on my phone now I can’t tell if it’s MPH or KPH?

Cheers ears, nice FF01 btw ;)

Ok in order of the runs I made. On the yellow phone everything is in MPH. The sky rc gps device  is in KpH 

first run was a 46mph/74kph TL01

Second run was my sons car that was 19mph/30.5kph

Third run with a detuned tl01 with a brushed Tamiya sport tuned motor 

29.2Mph/47KMH

Final run with the FF01 clocked 49MPH/78.85KMH

I need to make a new front splitter for the Vectra as the local plod turned up and wanted to see how fast it was. So I changed the front wheels and tyes to ones that would hopefully grip more but it meant it was slightly lower. Flat out aver a smooth gutter and it shattered 🤣 on the upside plod was impressed 

• Like 5

Sorry, I’ve been busy with 1:1s all summer, I need to look back & see what you guys have been up to properly, what I have seen is very impressive though! 

I did just have time to stick a 4300kv in the Scorcher before we headed to our favourite speed run beach, to add to the other cars that were ready & waiting to run. So I have 4 in the bag now, but will just put two in this post. 

So official entry for the Sand Scorcher. 

RWD

4300kv GoolRC

3s lipo

Taller of the two standard gears 

Spikes on the standard wheel. 

41.5mph, 66.8kph

Very hard to keep under control, my boy is a good driver but just couldn’t get it hooked up, so this is one of the few entry’s with me driving! 

With hindsight I should have fixed the back of the body down more firmly, the standard press on fixing just about works for a 540 but you can see it coming off on every one of the fast rolls, the last one was just too much for the front to hold the whole body. 

One thing to note. 

Not one of the fast roll over runs logged more than 35mph so rolls don’t always mean an artificial higher speed. 

Happy with the one clean run I got in though. 

Very annoying re-entry for Thunder Shot. The car has been completely rebuilt since the last 50.3mph 4300kv run on this beach. But it was still very hard to keep under control. I drained the pack 3 times trying to get a clean run in, but one of the crashes lost the prop shaft & trying to run RWD blew the tyres in the end. 

Thunder Shot (Super Dragon body)

4x4

17t pinion 

5200kv GoolRC (60A esc) 

Boomerang front wheels & tyres Thundershot rear wheels with unknown tyres. 

3s lipo

The 55.4mph & 54.5mph runs have bad rolls so it probably going to be the 50.4mph, 81.1 kph :(

I’ll probably try again with a new set of Boomerang wheels all round, but it’s going to be next year before we are back at that beach now. 

I personally think when the GPS is in the centre of the car (as I had for all these entries) you don’t get much change in speed during a roll. When its strapped to the outside of the shell you will get an increase in speed during a high speed roll, but rules are rules I guess. I had the phone strapped to the outside of the CR-01 & found that pushed a solid 17mph up to a one off 19mph on a full speed roll. 

• Like 2

Fair play for beach running @Andyrt200 , love it! should have taken the GPS meter when I ran on the beach.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Fair play for beach running @Andyrt200 , love it! should have taken the GPS meter when I ran on the beach.

The hard sand doesn’t seem to have any effect on the speed, I’ve only managed to compare 2s top speeds, but they were identical. Besides it seems rude not to run a Sand Scorcher on the beach! 

The main reason being is its the only place I have found with enough space to safely get 40+ mph.

Both Thundershot & the Scorcher were just as hard to keep under control on a good road with brushless power in, I guess the power delivery is causing wheel spin. The Scorcher was the first car we tried speed running ages ago with my old 3300kv, I could set the punch to low on that & turns to 0 but it still was very hard to drive even on a 2s, we only managed something like 23mph, with a 540 in the top speed was still 20mph with 2s & it was easy to drive!

2 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

The hard sand doesn’t seem to have any effect on the speed

I found the tide ripples in the sand unsettled the car, unloading wheels causing the car to drift slightly, (I've superglued the diff, so not any major dramas).

Is it an idea to have a kind of championship on 3 surfaces, averaging out the mph? Sand, grass/dirt and road? 🤔

That’s the FF01 on the list and the Sand Corvher And Thundershot... good job guys.

@Andyrt200 welcome back and sorry I had to take your Thundershot 50.4MPH run as you suspected due to the roll overs in the others... this only upped your Tshot speed from 50.3MPH... still up I guess but room to go faster prahaps?

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I found the tide ripples in the sand unsettled the car, unloading wheels causing the car to drift slightly

That would likely be a problem on most beachs I guess, luckily they don’t seem to form on this beach (Black Rock Sands) so it makes a very smooth surface, apart from seaweed & tyre tracks if 1:1s have been doing doughnuts! 

I was hoping for great things from my original Blackfoot & the 5200kv with the frog gear set & 19t pinion after it got 48mph with the 4300kv, but it didn’t even get one speed run in before the wheel axle snapped on the first pass :(

uMdeXvr.jpg

It was obviously damaged in the roll from the last run on the road. I have spare normal wheel axles but it’s running Frog ones, really gutted about that. 

Still the TT-02 was ready to run next:

4x4

4300kv 

3s lipo

Stock (slick!) tyres 

29t pinion (5.74:1)

47.2mph, 76.0kph

It was the first run that ejected the phone on the crash, (I added it after the main run), at least on the beach you just dust off the sand, it actually recorded exactly the same 47.2 speed. We had to give up trying too much as the inside was just getting too covered in sand! Even on the road it sucked in too much grass (when it spun off the road) into the cooling fan, that blew the ESC. Not the best chassis design really. 

I only brought the Super Blackfoot along as a basher, but we had a bit of time spare so I stuck the 5200kv in, it was by far the easiest to drive of all the cars even with unglued tyres. 

Quite pleased with the results, though we only had time for one pack so I included all the runs. 

Stock Super Blackfoot gearbox with 10t pinion 

RWD

5200kv

3s lipo

stock size tyres 

44.8mph, 72.1kph on third run, skip to 1:50 for that run (hopefully ok, see below)

39.8mph first warm up run. 

43.0mph with little roll on the turn to make return run

44.8mph with impressive jump at the end - we obviously hope you will allow this one! It wasn’t a sudden increase in speed in any direction like a fast roll over. 

43.8mph with bad fast roll over trying to correct direction at speed, just there for reference. 

43.8mph again with slow roll on slow down.  

43.4mph slowing down roll at end again. 

44.1mph fast roll at end. 

I put a 2s in after & it was still a great basher on a different rocky beach, neither the 5200kv or 60a ESC got hot at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

That’s the FF01 on the list and the Sand Corvher And Thundershot... good job guys.

@Andyrt200 welcome back and sorry I had to take your Thundershot 50.4MPH run as you suspected due to the roll overs in the others... this only upped your Tshot speed from 50.3MPH... still up I guess but room to go faster prahaps?

Thanks & thank you for keeping this list updated all the time! 

There should be a bit more in the Thundershot with that motor, hopefully I can make a 55mph run actually stick, you can tell from my reaction to seeing the speed I didn’t think it would be allowed! I got a good honest 51.5mph out of it on my own, but there wasn’t anyone to film, my boy had got a bit fed up with how long the Scorcher took! 

I’ll have to go back with my original Blackfoot, absolutely gutted I couldn’t run that at all. 

Unfortunately unless I find somewhere else with that much space I’ll have to wait till next year when we’re at the same beach next year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

Thanks & thank you for keeping this list updated all the time! 

There should be a bit more in the Thundershot with that motor, hopefully I can make a 55mph run actually stick, you can tell from my reaction to seeing the speed I didn’t think it would be allowed! I got a good honest 51.5mph out of it on my own, but there wasn’t anyone to film, my boy had got a bit fed up with how long the Scorcher took! 

I’ll have to go back with my original Blackfoot, absolutely gutted I couldn’t run that at all. 

Unfortunately unless I find somewhere else with that much space I’ll have to wait till next year when we’re at the same beach next year. 

Yes I’d think there is more from the Blackfoot as you have jumped up from 330kv to 5200kv was it?? Should be good for an additional 10-15mph I’d hazard a guess.

Im loving that Porsche Bodyshell, really need to add one to my own collection of supercar shells... is it this one and does it have a 251mm wheelbase? 

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/electric-cars/car-accessories/tamiya-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-body-shell-190mm

37 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Yes I’d think there is more from the Blackfoot as you have jumped up from 330kv to 5200kv was it?? Should be good for an additional 10-15mph I’d hazard a guess.

Im loving that Porsche Bodyshell, really need to add one to my own collection of supercar shells... is it this one and does it have a 251mm wheelbase? 

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/electric-cars/car-accessories/tamiya-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-body-shell-190mm

My boy was window shopping for a car, I spotted it & loved it, so got it for myself! That must be the same shell, I just got this kit:

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/tamiya-58571-porsche-carrera-martini-custom-without-chassis-p-55181.html

I’m not at home at the moment so can’t check the wheel base, but it fits the short setup on the TT-02. I just haven’t put the decals on yet, they would have been destroyed by now if I had!

The original Blackfoots last run was 48odd mph on the road with the 4300kv but the bad roll meant it wasn’t allowed, it also snapped the trailing arm on the rear suspension & clearly also damaged the wheel axle.  

I just realised, the Super Blackfoots last run was with the 4300kv & 3s, that was only 32mph, just putting the 5200kv in & having the extra space of the beach to run jumped it up to that 44mph I see you allowed - thanks! So even more gutted I didn’t get the much higher geared original Blackfoot running now! 

Just looking at the leader board, I think we have the fastest Sand Scorcher now though? :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Actually I just looked at the description on that again & noticed it says it comes with LED light buckets, the TT-02 kit didn’t, I’d be very interested to know if there were some for it. 

I did notice some other posts on here about that shell, people were saying the Fushs wheels where very hard to get with out a full kit.

2 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

My boy was window shopping for a car, I spotted it & loved it, so got it for myself! That must be the same shell, I just got this kit:

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/tamiya-58571-porsche-carrera-martini-custom-without-chassis-p-55181.html

I’m not at home at the moment so can’t check the wheel base, but it fits the short setup on the TT-02. I just haven’t put the decals on yet, they would have been destroyed by now if I had!

The original Blackfoots last run was 48odd mph on the road with the 4300kv but the bad roll meant it wasn’t allowed, it also snapped the trailing arm on the rear suspension & clearly also damaged the wheel axle.  

I just realised, the Super Blackfoots last run was with the 4300kv & 3s, that was only 32mph, just putting the 5200kv in & having the extra space of the beach to run jumped it up to that 44mph I see you allowed - thanks! So even more gutted I didn’t get the much higher geared original Blackfoot running now! 

Just looking at the leader board, I think we have the fastest Sand Scorcher now though? :) 

The short set up on the TT02 does sound like the 251mm version, the longer set up would be 257mm.

Yes looks like your the fastest Scorcher! 

• Like 1

On my RWD TT02, to make it RWD, I have no drive shaft or any of the front drive gear. No diff, axles, etc.. This means that I only have rear brakes and the car requires a bit of effort to get it stopped safely without spinning and/or flipping. A gyro only helps so much. I like the idea of flipping a one way diff so that it remains RWD, but has 4-wheel brakes. My question is, how could I implement this and still be able to prove that my car is RWD in the speed run videos? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

On my RWD TT02, to make it RWD, I have no drive shaft or any of the front drive gear. No diff, axles, etc.. This means that I only have rear brakes and the car requires a bit of effort to get it stopped safely without spinning and/or flipping. A gyro only helps so much. I like the idea of flipping a one way diff so that it remains RWD, but has 4-wheel brakes. My question is, how could I implement this and still be able to prove that my car is RWD in the speed run videos? 

Hold onto the front wheels and rev it up (Forwards!) on the video. If there's no smoke coming out through your fingers only the rear wheels are being driven. If your fingers catch fire you put the one way in the wrong way round. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah just hold the car to camera with throttle on and only the rear wheels will spin then we know.

• Like 1

Mauri Ninja

Fully ballraced, 

Castle 3800kv 

Castle sidewinder esc

3s lipo

67kph - 41.6mph 😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Mauri Ninja

Fully ballraced, 

Castle 3800kv