Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

37 minutes ago, emspjay said:

I only have 4 cars on the list (DT02, Pumpkin, RC10L, F104) but you have 5 listed on the most cars section. You can leave that because as soon as I get a clean run with my Frog it will be 5 :D Thanks again for creating and running this thread! So much fun!

I put your F104 on the silver can list today... was it already on there then? I had you down at 4 cars before so that must’ve been wrong froM before ;)

Just no speed Run entries during Xmas week... thsts Santa time!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I put your F104 on the silver can list today... was it already on there then? I had you down at 4 cars before so that must’ve been wrong froM before ;)

Just no speed Run entries during Xmas week... thsts Santa time!

I think it was back last spring when I entered the RC10l that you put 4 instead of 3. Supposed to have good weather again this weekend so I might try the Frog again, but no more until after the Xmas time for me also.  :)

• Like 1

Silver can entry, F104 Pro stock tires, 93T Spur 40T pinion, 2s 30c 4000mAH battery. 33.9MPH 54.5KPH.

• Like 1

Rear wheel drive entry, Frog Brat rear tire Frog front, Brat trans (no differential) 18T pinion, 3520KV Trackstar motor and ESC, 3s 25c 1800mAH battery. 40.9MPH 65.8KPH. I was being easy on because I crashed it again a few minutes before this run.

Rear wheel drive entry. Tamiya DT-02 Violet Racer, CVA shocks/dampers, Traxxas Velineon Brushless ESC and Motor, 19T pinion gear, Traxxas Anaconda rear tires/wheels, stock front tires/wheels, and my 9 year old 11.1V 5000MAH 25C Li Po battery. 47.3MPH 76.1KPH. Beat my old run by 2.2MPH with the new tires.

i thought i had posted the Video of my stock motor run.but any way here it is.

TT02 stock motor class 

speed: 50.8mph 81.7kph

motor: stock

esc: hobbywing 1060

battery: 3s

gears: 47 pinion / 69 spur 

Here is a pic of the pinion/spur cover. It’s modified to allow for larger pinions. The diffs still use the stock housing but have metal and alloy gears.

I have a detail build page on Facebook for this car.

https://m.facebook.com/The-little-Tamiya-that-could-327913464379625/

7FA74A91-9474-4597-A680-25D015FE498D.jpeg

Edited by stew_mac
Updated as requested
  • Like 3

Also just bought the TT02RR (becasue i wanted the hard deck and sealed diff) 

so i took it out for a few runs and increased the gearing as i went. this is  the last run I got in before it started to rain. 

4wd class 

speed: 75.6mph 121.6kph

TT02RR

motor: 5200kv goolrc

esc: trackstar 120amp 1/8 scale

gearing: 39 pinion 60 spur

file2 - Copy.jpeg

Again this car uses stock diff housings and plastic/alloy gears. It also uses the same pinion/spur cover. 

Complete build page can be found on Facebook. 

https://www.facebook.com/The-little-Tamiya-that-could-2-2008337085921422/

2F606E71-40A5-4019-9F8B-D22ACA42AD20.jpeg

Edited by stew_mac
Updated as requested.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@stew_mac nice runs, if you’d like them entered on the first page pls just go edit them to include the speed in MPH and KPH

Also please confirm the gearbox’s are both stock and running the covers in both runs, viewing on my phone it’s too small to tell and the second run photo shows the Pinion exposed meaning the cover is off 

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

@stew_mac nice runs, if you’d like them entered on the first page pls just go edit them to include the speed in MPH and KPH

Also please confirm the gearbox’s are both stock and running the covers in both runs, viewing on my phone it’s too small to tell and the second run photo shows the Pinion exposed meaning the cover is off 

The cover is there because it goes over the motor mount. It looks like the pinion rubbed a hole through it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Updated Jason. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

The cover is there because it goes over the motor mount. It looks like the pinion ate a hole through it.

The cover had to be modified slightly to allow for the huge pinion. But yeah the cover goes over the motor mount and most importantly it’s the prop shaft bearing retainer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stew_mac said:

The cover had to be modified slightly to allow for the huge pinion. But yeah the cover goes over the motor mount and most importantly it’s the prop shaft bearing retainer.

Thanks Stew but that modification will rule it out sorry, the rules are you can’t modify the stock gearbox to prevent things like that.. we previously discussed this with other TT02’s using large opinions where they were wanting to shave the gearbox to allow fitment and they were ruled against

To Qualify for a Tamiya Category you must use Original model specific gearbox casings and internals , Tamiya High Speed Gearsets are allowed and aftermarket internal gears that fit in stock Tamiya gearboxes and on stock gear shafts are also allowed.  

However - if you modify a Tamiya RC with a 3rd party gearbox, modify the stock gearbox in any way ( holes or drilling to accept different gears not intended for that chassis) or custom make a gearbox yourself, you will be entered into the "Custom ModifiedTamiya RC" Category.

Haha looks like I need a rule refresh myself... there is a pathway already in place ;)

Lists updated

( We have a new record holder for the silver can title - well done Stu!)

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated

Noice! Thanks.

• Sad 1

Great run & nicely driven @stew_mac , wide streets become very narrow at those speeds, always good to see your car finish in one piece 👍🏻

Added some more gearing...

TTO2RR 4wd

5200kv motor

120 trackstar esc

47 pinion 49 spur 

3s 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, stew_mac said:

All good! Thanks for the update. I’ll look to see what I can fit in there without mods 

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists updated

Split Milk :lol:  That awesome silver can run was with the modified gear casing.  I had just finished wiping the tears away and was dusting my car off when I realised.  

@stew_mac well done dude absolutly amazing stuff again, I really need to get back out there and try for that elusive 100Mph.  It's going to be tough trying to beat your 50.8Mph can run bit I think it's possible...  give me a few weeks!   It's a shame that you went for another TT02 alhough I do get it, a 100+ Mph TT02 is absoultly nuts.

@Jason1145  I seen that you picked up a FF03, looking forward to seeing it up and running. I would recommend switching over to the gear diff if your running reasonable power which I'm sure that you will be.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ahhhhaaaaaaaa!

@stew_mac sorry I thought the modified gearbox was only on the TT02R, but it’s also on the TT02 silver can entry too so they will both go in the modified category now.

@El Dougo thanks for pointing that out, this is pretty much a thread by the people for the people and we police it all together.. thanks for spotting that modded silver can entry.

( ta for the FF03 advice too, haven’t even looked at it yet so would have expected a gear diff in there to start with!)

Going to revise the lists now

5 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Ahhhhaaaaaaaa!

@stew_mac sorry I thought the modified gearbox was only on the TT02R, but it’s also on the TT02 silver can entry too so they will both go in the modified category now.

@El Dougo thanks for pointing that out, this is pretty much a thread by the people for the people and we police it all together.. thanks for spotting that modded silver can entry.

( ta for the FF03 advice too, haven’t even looked at it yet so would have expected a gear diff in there to start with!)

Going to revise the lists now

Yeah the cover is modified for both cars. You can only get a 37t 48p (maybe a 39) gear in there with out making a hole. 

All good to remove my runs from the class. 

At least it looks like it’s inspired some others..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1