Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

6 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Oh, I'm behind the times.  Still have a Hero 3. 

I'm still taping a mobile to the transmitter, and having to remember to follow the car with the controller.....😳

• Like 2

On 6/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, Group c said:

Ff03 front wheel drive class 86MPH 138.4kph

Well done dude, that's awesome work :ph34r:  

6 hours ago, El Dougo said:

Well done dude, that's awesome work :ph34r:  

Thanks buddy I got the better battery as you said. 

Official entry.

Tamiya DT03 2wd

63.7mph 109kph

trackstar 120amp esc

Castle creations 5700kv motor

Turnigy 3300mah 3s battery

19 pinion 55 spur.

proline inversion tires.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stew_mac said:

Official entry.

Tamiya DT03 2wd

63.7mph 109kph

trackstar 120amp esc

Castle creations 5700kv motor

Turnigy 3300mah 3s battery

19 pinion 55 spur.

proline inversion tires.

Well done mate, 

Is that 67.3 mph? 😲

32 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Well done mate, 

Is that 67.3 mph? 😲

Yeah mph. 

11 hours ago, stew_mac said:

Yeah mph. 

Need to step up my game, a good bit!!

Thinking of purchasing a new Neo Fighter, the amount of wear and play in everything must be having some effect, it's not exactly had an easy life in my hands, and I got it 2nd hand on here, 'retire' this one as a beach basher (once I rebuild it...)

On 10/13/2016 at 2:58 AM, Jason1145 said:

To Qualify for a Tamiya Category you must use Original model specific gearbox casings and internals , Tamiya High Speed Gearsets are allowed and aftermarket internal gears that fit in stock Tamiya gearboxes and on stock gear shafts are also allowed.  

However - if you modify a Tamiya RC with a 3rd party gearbox, modify the stock gearbox in any way ( holes or drilling to accept different gears not intended for that chassis) or custom make a gearbox yourself, you will be entered into the "Custom Modified Tamiya RC" Category.

After some clarification. With the TT02 I can fit 48p gears to the high speed gear set with no mods to the gear or the gear set. 

So can I run 48p gears with no mods to the cover to fit a bigger pinion?

or must I stay with the mod .6 (I think) Tamiya gears? 

Also can I use an aftermarket motor mount that allows different gearing options or do I need to stay with the fix motor position mount Tamiya supply?

Congrats on the RWD run Stew !  

On 7/7/2019 at 10:15 PM, stew_mac said:

So can I run 48p gears with no mods to the cover to fit a bigger pinion?

That's correct any pitch you can fit without modifing the cover is the fine.

Where is the Boss man?  Looking at his profile no sign in for a few weeks, hope everything is ok....    

Note the new gear box cover.... hopefully I’m all regulated now and can get a good speed for the list. 

87E626C5-FE3E-439F-8895-1F312867A187.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, El Dougo said:

Where is the Boss man?  Looking at his profile no sign in for a few weeks, hope everything is ok....    

You know, I was thinking the same thing and PM'd him a day or two ago.  No reply yet.  It's very unusual.

3 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

You know, I was thinking the same thing and PM'd him a day or two ago.  No reply yet.  It's very unusual.

I fear he may be on a break. I’ve seen a lot of his collection on eBay recently :(

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

I fear he may be on a break. I’ve seen a lot of his collection on eBay recently :(

Unfortunately this hobby does take up a lot of time, fitting it in with home life & a young family can create some issues. A break is sometimes needed, my batteries are all in storage at the moment & the cars safety tucked up, I wouldn’t sell any of mine but I think Jason was often changing cars in his collection. 

Hopefully someone else will be able to keep this thread going, it’s a brilliant idea! 

Got a reply from Jason1145; he's consumed with house and car stuff at the moment but should be back in the future.  Sometimes you do have to put the toys down and take care of real life!

• Like 3

official entry

Tamiya TL-01 4WD

82kph  / 51mph

no name 120amp esc

Speed Mind 11T brushed motor

Gen 2+2S 4500mah 75C 

26 pinion plus spur - #53342 speed gear set

ULTI carbon tires

Hi guys sorry I've been away. It other things taking over as you've all guessed.

Im still around but honestly I'll be on this site rarely so how can I pass over control of this thread for someone to update and manage?

If it came to it I can just give my log in details to someone and they can log in as me and update as required?

(I'd delete all personal info and previous messages about sales trades etc so it's be safe)

Ideas?

Moderators?

• Sad 1

One idea is for one of us to start a "fastest Tamiya part 2" thread and copy the rules and results from your first post into it.  That way the rules remain consistent and the results are preserved, and a new thread owner can maintain accordingly.  The new owner could also link to this first thread for posterity.

I think the moderators like to keep accurate post counts and original content for users, even those who visit rarely or leave, for the sake of site continuity.  Therefore, starting a second thread seems like a clean way to keep it going.

Jason, I'll miss your daily enthusiasm for all things Tamiya, but I understand if you need a break.  I hope you do check in more than rarely as this competition you started and all the models you worked on brought its own energy to the site.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

One idea is for one of us to start a "fastest Tamiya part 2" thread and copy the rules and results from your first post into it. 

That would be the best way to go imo, but who's going to put their hand up...😬

To mirror above, do what you need to do, everyone has had to take a step back at some point.

If you must sell up, post for sale on here, and I'm sure we'd offer to sell it back when you're back on your feet.

If there are no other volunteers and no objections, I'll raise my hand, start the "Part 2" thread, and maintain it.  I come here regularly and it's not a problem to check entries and adjust the listings.  If I have to step away for some reason then someone else could always pick it up as a "Part 3" thread.  Happy to wait a few days and see what the rest of the community thinks.

• Like 2

Sucks when life gets in the way :(

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

If you must sell up, post for sale on here, and I'm sure we'd offer to sell it back when you're back on your feet.

The Vultures are circling :lol:

56 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

If there are no other volunteers and no objections, I'll raise my hand, start the "Part 2" thread, and maintain it.

I'll second speedy for Part 2 

Jason many thanks for 105 pages of awesomeness!! You brought so much enthusiasm and such a great attitude to the community. 

Speedy is a worthy successor. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, El Dougo said:

The Vultures are circling :lol:

😱, didn't mean it to sound like that!! 

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

didn't mean it to sound like that!! 

Apologies bud I was trying to add some humor, I know that you have nothing but the best intentions :ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Hi guys sorry I've been away. It other things taking over as you've all guessed.

Im still around but honestly I'll be on this site rarely so how can I pass over control of this thread for someone to update and manage?

Hope things turn around for you sooner rather than later, all the best bud 👍🏻

7 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

If there are no other volunteers and no objections, I'll raise my hand, start the "Part 2" thread, and maintain it. 

No objections from me,@speedy_w_beans, and after all you do have the most appropriate name for the role 😁