Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

Here's my efforts:

DF-02 (4wd buggy)

72 & 79 KPH, 44.7mph, 49.08mph

8.5T motor, Ezrun 80A ESC, 3S 4000mah LiPo, 7.92:1 ratio, and high lift wheels and tires

and

Juggernaut 2.

22kph, 13.67mph

4wd monster truck.

Silver cans and 3S, Ripmax unlimited speedo

Gearing is I think 2 15T pinions, no idea on gear ratio, stock tires.

Yes, I know it's not a standard bodyshell, I'll leave it up to you guys as to whether it can be official entry.:

and a FAV (2wd buggy),

41kph, 25.4mph

Silver can motor, 3S Lipo, hobbywing 1060 ESC, 15T pinion, TLT-1 rear tires:

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Jupiter, just checked your first two vids (TA06 and TT02b)  and they are good, they will be going on the list later, congratulations great efforts!

i think I see your CC01 entry has cut n paste duplicated the speed of the TT02b which is an error of text only... So please confirm the CC01 at 41.5KPH ( edit your post) and that can go on the list too.

Think we are all up to date now :)

Yep, I was cut'n'pasting the summary, and had a few false starts with the posts. Updated now :)

33 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

As I drive around town I've been scouting for a decent strip of asphalt that is level, straight, relatively long, and in good condition.  Most streets don't fit that criteria where I live, and the big parking lots have undulations and storm drains.  I was dropping my son off at high school the other day and finally found what I was looking for - the running track circling the outdoor football field!  It has a perfect straight for 100 yards with gentle curves at each end, grass runoffs (no concrete curbs), and very flat, great condition asphalt.  This seems pretty ideal and share it as an idea for others who will do speed runs too.

Nice find, I hadn't thought about using a running track. I'll have to see what the rules are for using the local one to me, might allow for daytime runs.

as for surfaces, yeah, if you're running anything lower than a buggy, you want to stay away from grates etc. Nasty air awaits otherwise 

Nice runs MadInventor, really liked the Fav one (as does my 19 month old son!). Amazing how much difference the 3s makes to a silver can!

lovely run area too, what is it normally intended for?

37 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Nice runs MadInventor, really liked the Fav one (as does my 19 month old son!). Amazing how much difference the 3s makes to a silver can!

lovely run area too, what is it normally intended for?

Most people use it for teaching their kids to drive on, I think it used to be a car park.

Yes, the 3S makes an enormous difference to a silver can, it should really be the standard pack for 1/10 and silver cans now, Tamiya should be looking at standardising on using it for their buggys and monster trucks IMO.

PS: I think I'm now fastest at the moment at 72/79KPH with the DF-02 :ph34r:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Most people use it for teaching their kids to drive on, I think it used to be a car park.

Yes, the 3S makes an enormous difference to a silver can, it should really be the standard pack for 1/10 and silver cans now, Tamiya should be looking at standardising on using it for their buggys and monster trucks IMO.

PS: I think I'm now fastest at the moment at 72/79KPH with the DF-02 :ph34r:

Heh, don't worry ,that fact hadn't escaped me :lol:  

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

(What Shell is that btw, too dark to see any lovely details)

It's the Pajero shell in black

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Illogical what's the all terrain set of tyres for the CC-01?

I just meant the original tires and wheels as they are taller than the lowrider set.

Good to hear the kit arrived with you - did you get a basher shell yet?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Illogical said:

I just meant the original tires and wheels as they are taller than the lowrider set.

Good to hear the kit arrived with you - did you get a basher shell yet?

Ah Gotchya.... Yep ordered the Pajero shell in Lexan for its aerodynamic ness :)

List Updated (MadInventor, your 3 entries are on there, well done, we have a new record top speed of 49.0 MPH)

Side note - I really like the phone GPS on Jupitertwo's video's, looks clearer and easier to set/read than my SKYRC, plus the funky digital readout looks very tekno tekno!

Keep going guys :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

List Updated (MadInventor, your 3 entries are on there, well done, we have a new record top speed of 49.0 MPH)

Side note - I really like the phone GPS on Jupitertwo's video's, looks clearer and easier to set/read than my SKYRC, plus the funky digital readout looks very tekno tekno!

Keep going guys :)

Aww, my melted pinion gear run and bent suspension brace run don't make it on to the boards :unsure::lol::P

38 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Aww, my melted pinion gear run and bent suspension brace run don't make it on to the boards :unsure::lol::P

You guys are my policemen, to point out my errors.... missed that run Jup... going n the list now sorry about that lol;p

SPEED RUN ENTRY

WT-01 hitting 30 KPH / 18.6 MPH

3100kv brushless motor

brushless esc

2s lipo

18t pinion with stock spur

130mm tyres

• Like 1

Excellent runs gents, Mad Inventor, fantastic run, I'm so envious of your running spot too. I'm struggling big time to find anywhere suitable, had my first tarmac runs today, (on a country lane!) with the Monster Hornet and the WT01 on 2S (sticking with 2S until I get a 3S sorted). Er, the SkyRC is still alive but a bit battered! I need to upload vids. It's a bit too narrow once the speeds start getting up there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nitomor said:

Excellent runs gents, Mad Inventor, fantastic run, I'm so envious of your running spot too. I'm struggling big time to find anywhere suitable, had my first tarmac runs today, (on a country lane!) with the Monster Hornet and the WT01 on 2S. Er, the SkyRC is still alive but a bit battered! I need to upload vids. It's a bit too narrow once the speeds start getting up there.

Yeah, pretty lucky to have somewhere like that, I'm still hoping to push the gravel hound a bit more, I've still got 2 more timing increments to go on the ESC control and I did manage 1 run today at 81kph but didn't get it recorded. However I did get a few cut outs from the speedo on the run today, so not sure if I'm getting close to the current limit on the speedo. Time will tell. Very pleased with output from the videos too, the display on speed meter is nice and clear. :). Still got my TXT-1 to try on 4S at some point, and I've got bigger pinions to go in the juggernaut 2 as well. Probably won't try any more tweaks to the FAV as the motor got hot after hooning it around for 5mins or so.

Well I've just cheked out my vids and the speed is nice and clear before and after but the run catches mostly the area just in front of me and misses the couple ofnbig stacks. Too busy trying to keep the car on the black stuff and didn't concentrate enough on keeping it in view of the camera - gutted.

Anyway just for info, the Hornet on 2S managed 39kmh (24.23mph) with 103mm tyres and stock pinion, 1060esc and silvercan which I was really quite pleased with. It was pretty stable too but wanders a bit at speed but then I do have big tyres all round. I had a big stack with it, the gps got all scratched but no damage to the funky little Hornet! I love that car :)

The WT01, again a couple of barrel rolls, no damage, its such a cool rig, just dust it off and back for another go. With 4300kv, 18T pinion, 2S and 136mm tyres, 48kmh/29.83mph. I'm happy with that if not with the video! 20T pinion next. This is hard to keep in a straight line at speed on road, I need to find a much wider area for top speed runs. It was awesome on a field next to the road, 38kmh there and that was pretty rutted and rough!

So another mixed day, next time!

11 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Well I've just cheked out my vids and the speed is nice and clear before and after but the run catches mostly the area just in front of me and misses the couple ofnbig stacks. Too busy trying to keep the car on the black stuff and didn't concentrate enough on keeping it in view of the camera - gutted.

Anyway just for info, the Hornet on 2S managed 39kmh (24.23mph) with 103mm tyres and stock pinion, 1060esc and silvercan which I was really quite pleased with. It was pretty stable too but wanders a bit at speed but then I do have big tyres all round. I had a big stack with it, the gps got all scratched but no damage to the funky little Hornet! I love that car :)

The WT01, again a couple of barrel rolls, no damage, its such a cool rig, just dust it off and back for another go. With 4300kv, 18T pinion, 2S and 136mm tyres, 48kmh/29.83mph. I'm happy with that if not with the video! 20T pinion next. This is hard to keep in a straight line at speed on road, I need to find a much wider area for top speed runs. It was awesome on a field next to the road, 38kmh there and that was pretty rutted and rough!

So another mixed day, next time!

This was why a roped in a friend to do the filming for me, that way I can just concentrate on driving the car. I'm a bit jealous you guys have 4000Kv + motors, the fastest I've got at the moment is a 4000Kv 2 pole motor........

1 hour ago, MadInventor said:

This was why a roped in a friend to do the filming for me, that way I can just concentrate on driving the car. I'm a bit jealous you guys have 4000Kv + motors, the fastest I've got at the moment is a 4000Kv 2 pole motor........

4000kv plus motors are £12-13, don't be jealous just break out the wallet!

Nito your WT-01 -  4300kv on 2s gives 29mph... What would a 3s give? Try it try it! 

16 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

4000kv plus motors are £12-13, don't be jealous just break out the wallet!

What ECS you running with these hi power brushless?

hope to try my dt-02, wt-01 and WR-01 tomorrow with 2s and 3s

14 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

What ECS you running with these hi power brushless?

hope to try my dt-02, wt-01 and WR-01 tomorrow with 2s and 3s

Just as cheap ESC's rated for 2-3s lipo from EBay... About £16-£20 each.

In the case of my next Speed Video I used the QuicRun 1060 on 3s but that's with a brushed motor.

Will keep you updated if any failures occur with three cheap n cheerful 2-3s brushless set ups  

Hornet at 39kmh! (24.23mph) which I think is remarkable with a silvercan on 2S. It's not the best footage but I tagged the wifes footage on the end so you can see the complete run because my camera was pointing too low! You can hear it bouncing along the road lol. 

Spec; 18T pinion, Silver can motor, 1060esc, 102mm WR02 pin spikes, 2S.

Jason, I'll upload the WT01 footage later, but I had the same issue as this one. Enjoy the Hornet's trademark stunt move at speed ;) 

• Like 1

Speed Run Video

Honda City Turbo - 24 KPH / 14.9 MPH

Sport Tuned Motor ( brushed)

QuicRun 1060 esc

3s lioo

20t pinion

Stock Spur and Tyres

Thanks Jason, and here is the WT01 @48kmh/29.83mpH on 2S, 18T pinion, 4300kv motor, 136mm Gmade big horn tyres.

Don't laugh...you can probably time how fast (or slowly) I can run the 100 metres lol. Again my camera misses a lot of the action, I've tagged on the missus footage from the run before which ended exactly the same way funnily enough, it's a good way to keep fit!! Kudos to the WT, it takes the hits and didn't break a thing.

• Like 2