Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

I'd say that orion 2s is around the same size.

Just heading out the door for a nightshift, i can post a side by side pic tomorrow.

14706813_1517577128256366_33647832840034

Its ALIVE, its ALIVE !!!! ;) . ........ Grafted the 5.5T Brushless system into the SP12M along with my Turnigy Lipo. Surprisingly loads of room, although need to extend the wiring so its all tidy. Its gonna be FAST ;):)

James

:)

• Like 4

That looks like a tiny pinion on there James... A bigger one would be faster!

Its direct drive buddy, trust me its a very low ratio !! ;) Its a 19T, I had a 16T and a 27T Brushed Stock Motor and it was fast. So this should in theory be very fast. But will test and see, need to sort out the GPS side of things too.

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_GT-R said:

14706813_1517577128256366_33647832840034

Its ALIVE, its ALIVE !!!! ;) . ........ Grafted the 5.5T Brushless system into the SP12M along with my Turnigy Lipo. Surprisingly loads of room, although need to extend the wiring so its all tidy. Its gonna be FAST ;):)

James

That's a metric butt-ton of horsepower in that 1/12 pan car!  :D  Bonus points if you can actually control it..  Where are you planning to run it for the speed run?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TeamCody said:

That's a metric butt-ton of horsepower in that 1/12 pan car!  :D  Bonus points if you can actually control it..  Where are you planning to run it for the speed run?

I haven't thought that far ahead :) lol. But somewhere super smooth and long !! If I am going "in" I am going all in ;):P

James

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim_GT-R said:

I haven't thought that far ahead :) lol. But somewhere super smooth and long !! If I am going "in" I am going all in ;):P

James

I am really looking forward to seeing the video!

Hello...if I want to upgrade my TL01 chasis from vintage 540 brushed type of motor and mechanical speed controller to brushless combo motor with sensor and also programing card maybe with USB connection...which motor and battery would you recommend...regarding to a low price and good performance?

So what GPS units are people using? As I am looking at the SkyRC GPS items, but at £50 just for this seems a tad much. lol. Anyone seen anything cheaper?

I was hoping to give the SP12M a quick run today, but its lashing down with rain, so thats a no go :(

James

50 minutes ago, Jim_GT-R said:

So what GPS units are people using? As I am looking at the SkyRC GPS items, but at £50 just for this seems a tad much. lol. Anyone seen anything cheaper?

The cheapest I have found is my old cell phone. The battery is toast and a new battery is $5.00 USD. It's an old phone, so I don't care if it gets broken. Still on the lookout for a cheap and proper GPS unit as it would be smaller than my old phone. 

Yeah, I mean for £50 the SkyRC unit is pretty good and has some nice features, just not sure I would use it apart from for this thread. lol. And I don't fancy attaching my Microsoft 950 to the chassis. ;)

James

2 hours ago, tamiya wrc said:

Hello...if I want to upgrade my TL01 chasis from vintage 540 brushed type of motor and mechanical speed controller to brushless combo motor with sensor and also programing card maybe with USB connection...which motor and battery would you recommend...regarding to a low price and good performance?

Hi pal, your question will get lost n this thread as it's not related to the top speed list... maybe you should create a new thread for yourself and hopefully some TL01 dude's can help you better :D (Your question is a bit vague as there are alot more factors to decide your choice of motor/esc... what sort of speed you want to run, what mods to the car have done... how much you want to spend, do you want sensored or sensorless etc.

Here's the chosen fleet for today's speed runs...... they are in order of how fast I think they are, fastest first.

I've got my 2s Lipo's  and 3300nimh batteries charged and about to head out now!

Be prepared to think how to fasten your GPS devices to your shells... I'm using Velcro for now... if the speeds get ultra fast I would consider something stronger ;p

OETvOIh.jpg

X4l8OpD.jpg

Wild Willy 2 ReRE

dHN4MRn.jpg

XUrV0mY.jpg

Honda City Turbo ReRe

YtApPck.jpg

DvTZFJj.jpg

TT-02 (Note the lack of Velcro on the shell- ran out! Am Wedging the SKYRC against the front body posts for extra support)

BEH4w0A.jpg

DQl6ulG.jpg

• Like 4

Whoa!!! What's going on in that first pic. You'll end up with more tamiya if they keep that up :lol:. If only it was that easy. Lol

• Like 6

Why put the GPS on the shell? Wouldn't it be better to put it under the shell, such as velcro it to the top of your battery? Putting it on top would make you that much more top heavy, where-as putting it inside would keep the center of gravity lower.

Yeah I'd recommend under the shell if the speeds were higher.... I just put it there to make it easier and quicker to get the final readings. I knew these cars wouldn't go fast enough to worry about potentially damaging the GPS, I was only straight line speeding ( slowing) with no cornering so COG wasn't a real problem this time.

They were really tame speeds, if I go faster I will secure the GPS more solidly for sure ;)

• Like 1

Speed Run Entry

Tamiya TT-02 Toyota TRD

Torque Tuned Motor

TBLE-02s ESC

HPI 2s 3000Mah Lipo

22t pinion with stock spur gear

Stock Tyres (26mm onroad)

Top Speed - 17.4MPH / 28KPH

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Speed Run Entry

Tamiya TT-02 Toyota TRD

Torque Tuned Motor

TBLE-02s ESC

HPI 2s 3000Mah Lipo

22t pinion with stock spur gear

Stock Tyres (26mm onroad)

Top Speed - 17.4MPH / 28KPH

What is scary after watching that is that I've geared my War Rig to do 25-30mph. 17mph seems plenty fast enough for an 8ft long model with 2 trailers now ..........

What speed did the other 2 do ?

13 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

What is scary after watching that is that I've geared my War Rig to do 25-30mph. 17mph seems plenty fast enough for an 8ft long model with 2 trailers now ..........

What speed did the other 2 do ?

Your war rig will need a custom category!

The other two were much slower, will wait till I've time to edit the videos before entering them.

Now I know where to direct my mods for these cars now, motors, esc's and batteries :)

Your parking lot looks very smooth. 

Also, just ordered a battery for my old cell phone, so that will be my speed recorder.

So.. quick question gang.. Can I only enter a car once?  IE: If I make a speed run with a current setup and submit it, but then I decide to swap out some stuff and run it again can it be submitted again?

I see you updated the rules, question re gearbox, are you allowed to fit Tamiya or after market high speed gear sets/internals if they are designed to fit the stock Tamiya gear casings?

That Blitzer is lovely, stable and impressively quick. I guess the small wheeled touring cars are at a big disadvantage top speed compared to big wheelers which is kind of ironic given that in the real world the big wheelers would be less stable at speed. I'm tempted to strap my phone to the lunchbox today and go find a car park.

7 hours ago, TeamCody said:

So.. quick question gang.. Can I only enter a car once?  IE: If I make a speed run with a current setup and submit it, but then I decide to swap out some stuff and run it again can it be submitted again?

Yes you can (it will still be in the same category)