Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

48 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Pfft I was only top 4WD for an afternoon lol.

At least you got there after your run lol...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil_H said:

Perfect Phil thank you, and congrats on an awesome run, you go put your feet up now you've earned it whilst the rest of us figure out how to top that one.... er guys.... any ideas??! ;)

• Like 3

I think I need to get all my cars stripped & cleaned and buy a couple couple of new body shells. 

Or......try for 70mph! 

😂

• Like 2

I'll not put my feet up until the lists have been updated haha...

El Dougo has not posted a run in a while...

I'd like to be top for at least an hr! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Perfect Phil thank you, and congrats on an awesome run, you go put your feet up now you've earned it whilst the rest of us figure out how to top that one.... er guys.... any ideas??! ;)

I'm sure we'll come up with something to get a buggy back it's crown.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I'm sure we'll come up with something to get a buggy back it's crown.....

Jason needs to buy the 67T spur for his DF-02,  it should then do 111kph on 3S ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phil_H said:

I'll not put my feet up until the lists have been updated haha...

I'd like to be top for at least an hr! 

Yeah, I got back in the top 10 today with my 53mph run, would like to see it on there before we need 54mph + to even register on there :)

• Like 2

Guys lists updated - please go check it's all correct... this has been the busiest week ever lol :)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Jason needs to buy the 67T spur for his DF-02,  it should then do 111kph on 3S ;)

Unfortunately, there are no real gear options on the DT03 (couldn't even get the 20t pinion to mesh nicely) and as far as I'm aware, the DF03ra gears are the tallest for the DF03 chassis! 😔

More lipo's? 🤔

18 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Guys lists updated - please go check it's all correct... this has been the busiest week ever lol :)

I've "only" run 7 cars 😔, not 10 and Marui Ninja is spelt, well, like that.↗😜

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I've "only" run 7 cars 😔, not 10 and Marui Ninja is spelt, well, like that.↗😜

Fixed cheers 

Numbers need a clean up down the side of the lists...

And there's 11 in the top 10... (but that means you may fall off the end if you change it to 10!)

But thats just trivial stuff 

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

You've listed me in 8th place in overall fastest with an 86km/h run, and yourself in 9th place with an 89km/h run. Thanks dude ! (86km/h is 53.43mph). Perhaps that is in anticipation of my next run ;)
Likewise in the 4wd section, I'm too far up the list, I should be between 7th and 8th (Phil H and Firefoxussr)

Ha.. doing this work on an iPhone is a pain... taking a photo of the speedeun entry, trying to remember what page it was on, then once in editing mode on the first page I can't go check something without coming back out... all this on top of being gods gift to women and general stud muffin... you guys got it easy just trying to be fast... no wonder I make mistakes ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil_H said:

Numbers need a clean up down the side of the lists...

And there's 11 in the top 10... (but that means you may fall off the end if you change it to 10!)

But thats just trivial stuff 

Sorted ;)

31 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

You've listed me in 8th place in overall fastest with an 86km/h run, and yourself in 9th place with an 89km/h run. Thanks dude ! (86km/h is 53.43mph). Perhaps that is in anticipation of my next run ;)
Likewise in the 4wd section, I'm too far up the list, I should be between 7th and 8th (Phil H and Firefoxussr)

All fixed too thanks... I should just post you my 6900kv motor as your DF02 is all set up ready now.. mines in pieces requiring new parts and faster gears.

13 hours ago, Phil_H said:

Awesome run Phil and well deserved top spot :)  I'm waiting on some parts after last weeks gearbox meltdown so you've got at least a week before you have to worry about my FF03 again.  

This is getting really interesting!  I'm curious too see what Macinnis manages with his TT02 buggy and also what Wooders has up his sleeve, I don't think it will be long till 60 is is the entry point for the top 10.

Big congrats to Jason for breaking 60Mph, hitting that number with such limited gearing options is a significant achievement. What ESC are using bud? and was it cutting out after every run?  Thinking you may have some untapped oomph!     

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Dougo said:

also what Wooders has up his sleeve

Not much left up these sleeves, unless I go for a more gear optioned chassis 🤔

18 minutes ago, El Dougo said:

This is getting really interesting! 

I don't think it will be long till 60 is is the entry point for the top 10.

It is that!

I'm loving that you have to go down to 6th to get a duplicate chassis, keeping things really open.

I'm also liking the more categories,nothing like getting your name to the top of one (even though it's a pain to update @Jason1145 !) , would a "silver can" category create a more cost effective league?, although it'll likely be dominated by f1 car's.

No more categories.. for now anyway ;)

Just placed an order for the DF02, new chassis, alloy rear hubs and that faster gear set of 67t spur and 22t pinion.

Thanks Dougo, I see how well you guys have done to top 100KPH now, it's hard!

My esc was just switching off the throttle after the high speed run, it must've maxed out and tripped but the steering still worked so it's not all bad ;) My esc is a no brand Far eastern copy but this load must've made it unhappy... it's not going to like faster gearing then!

Next I might start looking at my TT02 Chassis, I've got the high speed gear set and sacrificial Bodyshell all ready for the ensuing rolls and scrapes... waiting for Mac to come back with his results too.

Speed run entry...

DT03 , 5700, mamba max pro esc, 5s lipo , fastrax 130mm rear tyres.

95kph - 59.03mph! 😔

• Like 1

Well, I like the new run venue, wide, long and slightly down hill 😁

The fastrax tyres balloon like mad, not quite visable in the vid, but the movement across the road is the tyres moving.

Literally it's final run.........

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Speed run entry...

DT03 , 5700, mamba max pro esc, 5s lipo , fastrax 130mm rear tyres.

95kph - 59.03mph! 😔

List updated... pushes my own DT03 further behind again... I might have to revisit this Chassis again!

whsts with the long gap from the car going past and you then running towards it?? What happened?

And the freaky whispering "95"... ominous lol ;)

42 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

whsts with the long gap from the car going past and you then running towards it?? What happened?

And the freaky whispering "95"... ominous lol ;)

I'm pretty sure the thermal cut out kicked in, steering but no throttle.

I could see it, it just wasn't moving! Got a bit of a jog on and everything 😧, but didnt see anything smoking so walked up lol. 

I wanted over 60 mph 😔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Literally it's final run.........

I was expecting that run to end in a fireball with that caption!

• Like 1