Jump to content
Jason1145

Tamiya Club Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers List

Recommended Posts

I love that this thread is still going and I love that I'm still on the top 10 somehow!

Oh, and I finally started looking at the tuning software for my SpeedPassion ESCs :D and found suitable foam tires.  The tire ballooning on my TA05 was nasty over 50 mph.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, firefoxussr said:

I love that this thread is still going and I love that I'm still on the top 10 somehow!

Oh, and I finally started looking at the tuning software for my SpeedPassion ESCs :D and found suitable foam tires.  The tire ballooning on my TA05 was nasty over 50 mph.

I've planned to beat your M Chassis top speed for over a year now and still haven't got round to it yet.....hold on.... that wasn't you was it ???

And those ballooning tyres with their increased circumference probably gained you a lil more top end speed, maybe the foams will be slower as they keep their shape but thy will certainly track better for you........ depends how much juice is still left to squeeze out the motor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 3:30 AM, firefoxussr said:

The tire ballooning on my TA05 was nasty over 50 mph.

If it's 12mm hex, bung a set of 2.2" buggy wheels on, with tarmac tyres (although none of mine are tarmac tyres), 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb65xnPa2qQ&feature=youtu.be

 

New 3s battery and 120amp ESC. still Hornet handling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, stew_mac said:

New 3s battery and 120amp ESC. still Hornet handling.

I think the sigh says it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, Jason1145 said:

I've planned to beat your M Chassis top speed for over a year now and still haven't got round to it yet.....hold on.... that wasn't you was it ???

And those ballooning tyres with their increased circumference probably gained you a lil more top end speed, maybe the foams will be slower as they keep their shape but thy will certainly track better for you........ depends how much juice is still left to squeeze out the motor.

I think that was Speedy w/beans.  I didn't want speed run my M06  build because requires crazy offset wheels for the body (Taisan 911 GT2). As soon as I built the only tire/wheel combination that works proper became scarce.

I'm curious to see how the TA05 911 GT1 will do with foams.  In the video I posted is the ballooning tire hitting the body, the noise you hear at the end of the run.  Upon review just now, I could have kept it straighter and I did run out of room.  Didn't care at the time because it was so blazing fast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Test ran my newest speed run car today. Vintage Frog 48mph on test run. 30+ year old lexan does not hold up good haha. Will get an official entry video when I either repair this body or buy a new one.

 

DSCN3625.JPG

DSCN3626.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, emspjay said:

Vintage Frog 48mph on test run. 30+ year old lexan does not hold up good haha.

Did that happen after a roll, or did it just come off in the airstream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yalson said:

Did that happen after a roll, or did it just come off in the airstream?

It was a roll after hitting the brakes too hard and getting sideways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

And are the speed test rules that the car needs to finish the run with all the parts it started with?

I would think so, I think the new rule is it has to be a clean run no crash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emspjay said:

I would think so, I think the new rule is it has to be a clean run no crash.

Yes and yes ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emspjay said:

I would think so, I think the new rule is it has to be a clean run no crash.

To be fair, I think the rule is you just can't have an accident, as there is the potential for a sensor undergoing a roll to give innaccurate readings. If you were driving along at 50mph and your wing just got torn off, I doubt that would invalidate it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Yes and yes ;)

Ah, I give way to the expert above.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yalson said:

Ah, I give way to the expert above.

No I was yes yessing to the clean run and no crash part... if your wing just came off that would be fine ( not for the owner obviously!) 

If you also added a clump of mud to your front bumper somehow during the run that wouldn’t invalidate it either ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

No I was yes yessing to the clean run and no crash part... if your wing just came off that would be fine ( not for the owner obviously!) 

If you also added a clump of mud to your front bumper somehow during the run that wouldn’t invalidate it either ;) 

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's not like in F1, where you have to be above a minimum weight or anything. I'm presuming that any weight that comes off is just extra speed and something to be left off next time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official silver can entry. Tamiya F104 Pro II. Silver can motor, Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC, 2S 30C 4000mAH battery, stock tires, 64 pitch 25 tooth pinion and 93 tooth spur. 29.6MPH 47.6KPH

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least I got a decent silver can run today. The day started off bad, crashed the Frog again. Then I tried the 104 Pro with the brushless Duratrax system and it was still uncontrollable with the new foam tires (last year the stock rubber tires ballooned way too much). So I ripped all that out and went silver can. Think I can get some more out of it with taller gearing. But 29.6MPH is not a bad start on 2S.

 

DSCN3638.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, emspjay said:

So I ripped all that out and went silver can. Think I can get some more out of it with taller gearing. But 29.6MPH is not a bad start on 2S.

Wow. There must be some serious gearing on there already if you're getting 29.6mph out of a standard 540.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yalson said:

Wow. There must be some serious gearing on there already if you're getting 29.6mph out of a standard 540.

The F104 Pro is really light it was 25T pinion 93T spur 64 pitch, with a light 2S battery. I got 28MPH with my old RC10L with old 32 pitch gears, old cracked foam tires, with all vintage electronics and old worn out Associated RC10 buggy 540 stock motor with the same battery. Taller gearing should get me in the 30's, new ESC and 3S should get me in the 40's.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current F104 setup almost all Tamiya. The gears are the same ones that came in the kit. Only thing not Tamiya is radio system and battery.

 

DSCN3639.JPG

DSCN3640.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Lists Updated

I only have 4 cars on the list (DT02, Pumpkin, RC10L, F104) but you have 5 listed on the most cars section. You can leave that because as soon as I get a clean run with my Frog it will be 5 :D Thanks again for creating and running this thread! So much fun!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...