Sign in to follow this  
salvine

Taller sidewall tires

Looking for something with a sidewall about 1.5 times taller than the standard 1/10 on road tire. Standard width.

If my brain is working this late at night then you are looking for something like the stock CC-01 BFG or Goodyear tread (Top Pic) - P#:19805481 ..   Or you could go with something like the tire on the LandFreeder if you are after a little bit smaller option (Bottom pic) - P#: 19805543.   If you are after a bigger tire (3.75" Ø - or bigger) then that's easy to find.

gallery_02.jpg

header_58579.jpg

Oh, I was thinking off-road tread, but in larger TC size..  I am not sure where you would get something like that, the closest thing I can think of would be the Vintage series from HPI.  They have a taller outer sidewall.

The main problem with the HPI Vintage tired is they require using the Vintage series wheels with them.  The design is similar to the fake sidewall you get with short course truck tires.

I was going to suggest the tires from the new Team Hahn racing truck.  They are a little larger than the normal touring tire - about 70 mm instead of 63 mm.

3 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

The main problem with the HPI Vintage tired is they require using the Vintage series wheels with them.  The design is similar to the fake sidewall you get with short course truck tires.

Yep. I have a set of these but as you know you have to use the vintage wheels. They do have a taller sidewall but the overall diameter is a bit small.

20 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

I was going to suggest the tires from the new Team Hahn racing truck.  They are a little larger than the normal touring tire - about 70 mm instead of 63 mm.

Team Hahn tires are perfect fit to M-chassis wheels. 

3 hours ago, GreatDane said:

Team Hahn tires are perfect fit to M-chassis wheels. 

This is interesting - won't they be too wide?

Would be ace for an existing project of mine where M chassis tyres aren't tall enough! 

3 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

This is interesting - won't they be too wide? 

Nope! :-)

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

• Like 2