Sign in to follow this  
wolfdogstinkus

Flysky receivers

Can someone tell me which receivers are compatible with the flysky units? with links or pics if possible.

I won a receiver unexpectedly and want to know if it will work with the unit I have coming. I think it's the GT2?. (the orange and black one)

Many thanks in advance.

There are at least 2 different types of encodings from FlySky:

• AFHDS2A - Newer protocol. Used in the FS-GT2E transmitterand onwards. Receiver is FS-A3
  • AFHDS - Older protocol

If you have an older FS-GT2, you cannot use a AFHDS2A receiver. I

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies, I was going to post links but I had some problems logging in on a different browser.

This reciever

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142131783422?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This transmitter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222104412502?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Will they work together?, I will check with the above replies to see if it's been covered all ready.

Thanks again.

I believe so, but good FlySky documentation is hard to get by.

I'm sure I found a FlySky compatibility chart back when I bought the GT2E, but I cannot find it now.

Anyway, the FS-GR3E receiver you link to is AFHDS, so the old protocol and you have the old radio, so it should be the same protocol. Looks like it's the same receiver on the 3rd picture of the transmitter, or possibly the older FS-GR3C.

But I'm 99% sure they will be compatible.

• Like 1

OK, I finally found the FlySky receiver and transmitter compatibility chart in an eBay listing.

So no guarantee that this is official FlySky material or 100% accurate. But it looks OK.

As you can see, it also lists an intermediate protocol: AFHDS2, in addition to  AFHDS and AFHDS2A:

img34051_10232016121406_1.jpg

So, your GT2 transmitter is compatible with the GR3E receiver, but not any of the newer AFHDS2A receivers.

• Like 2

Thanks, Yonez, very helpful, its for my 4year old so I didn't want to spend a lot as he trashed my acoms 2.4ghz when he was a baby getting his hands on it.

The two receivers I ordered were the same so its all good, thanks for all the help. Not tested them yet, but they are the same so will be compatible.

Thanks again folks.

I'd assume the Absima receivers (R3WP is about 19 EUR) would also work, being AFHDS (I believe their CR3P is a rebadged GT3)

Have had an Absima R3FS (R3WP is just waterproof variant) land on workbench; can confirm it works just like a FlySky GR3E.