marcod13

PS Paint Question... Cobra R

Hi, i am wondering if anyone has a good idea on how to achieve a teal blue-green as close as possible to the picture that i have attached. 

Found a Cobra R body set hiding among some HPI bodies at my LHS, was covered in dust and had an HPI Peugeot Rally card on it. It was not the American Flag version. Just the stock Cobra R. 

Going to do a non-box art, period correct colour sitting on the Ta02. 

Thanks for your input!

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 5.56.51 PM.png

That bottle of paint in the eBay link above would need to be shot out of an airbrush. I used this color of paint for my Land Rover. I wanted it brighter so I used a white primer. Judge for yourself how close the color is to what you're looking for.

image_zpsb95f3280.jpg

• Like 2

"Chezoom" in the paint name refers to the model it was meant for, the Testors 1/24 plastic model kit of Boyd Coddington's 1957 Chevrolet CheZoom. If you google pics of the model and the real car, you should get an impression of the colour too. Although, Shodog is of course right that you could manipulate the colour with your choice of primer/undercoat.

• Like 1

This is Chezoom Teal backed with black on a lexan shell. Apologies for the body posts, they've now been trimmed (as has the grass) 

DSC_0244.jpg

• Like 1

why not just go out and do the chameleon paint jobber on it like that body style had back in the day?? Like this Truck Norris' car - skyline-r34-frontside-lights.jpg

This thing is awfully secksy

• Like 1

Thanks for all the ideas guys, the chameleon is definitely cool! I have my mind set on the teal though, will have to try to located pactra paints locally. 

Any thoughts on a Translucent Light Blue backed with some Metallic Green, then Gun Metal?

Thanks!