drakos

making a falcon competitive against moderns?

thanks, this are the reply's i can  work with :D
i can handle and even appreciate critisism as long as it is substantiated.
the more people tell me it can't be done or it is a bad plan the more i'm driven to prove them wrong :P (i'm not afraid to admid my defeat if it doesn't work out, as long as i had fun trying)

to clear a few thing up,
making it competive means in my case to run with friend and other hobby drivers at the local track for friendly races. 
i think i wasn't clear enough that my ambition isn't to enter pro competitions (and even if i do, don't think for a minute that i won't finish last,just hoping that i finish the race without breaking something  :P)

how far i want to take the chassis never changed, but because of the negative reactions i needed to give more info on my plans (and skills) to prove/defent my ambitions far before it was at order.
also i don't think i need to make a totaly different looking car of it to acomplish good performance gains. 

@mokei;
i need to start somewhere, so the tires are the first thing i need to adress before i can even test it, no point in buying stock tires as i know that those aren't up to the task. 
next thing are the known problems like the axles and weak front end just because i don't want to break it at the first run
after that i'll make a few testruns for a baseline laptime and get a good impression of things that i can improve on (and video's to review handling) 

@markbt73;
thanks for the detailed progress explanation and problem's i'm gonna run into.
the track is real dirt/sand  and a few jump's....  quite technical  instead of high speed and only intended to be a spectacle to watch.