2 for me :o

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

2 for me :o

only 2?, not a runner, shelfer, & nib?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darat76 said:

only 2?, not a runner, shelfer, & nib?

LOL I don't think a re-re shelfer has that much appeal.  I'd consider getting one to keep NIP if the packaging is decent.  If they do a good job on that I might get two - one to build as a runner, one to keep NIB.  It all depends on how they execute it.  For example, the Blackfoot 2016 does absolutely nothing for me.  Didn't even bother buying one... just a few spare parts.

• Like 1

awwww come on beef, we all know you secretly desire to have all the rere's as a shelfer ;)

2 minutes ago, Darat76 said:

awwww come on beef, we all know you secretly desire to have all the rere's as a shelfer ;)

Ha, no - I have a strict re-re's as runners-only policy!  Before I fully appreciated the difference I had some mix-ups... but I've been systematically weeding them out.

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM, beefmuffin said:

Ha, no - I have a strict re-re's as runners-only policy!  Before I fully appreciated the difference I had some mix-ups... but I've been systematically weeding them out.

And selling them to me lol.

Maybe this will be better than the rere 'shot ronald lol.

I do have a bit of new about the bigwig , my sources have shown me some pics that were officially released to dealers, can confirm the car is very much like the vtg bigwig! wheels are the same but the decals have a slight change , no dick cepek decal on the wing , its got some kind of mooncraft decal and the front pennzoil decal is obviously changed to forward lol.

The gt tuned motor also gets a decal to make it look like a technipower but that hasnt been set in concrete.

Ill find out more as time goes by , price is going to be around the 320 aud mark also

• Like 6

I've just read the above as it will have mooncraft on the wheels then? I really hope so but if it has them then why not the same mooncraft decal?

or am just reading it wrong ?

chris

6 hours ago, chickenman242tk said:

......the car is very much like the vtg bigwig! wheels are the same but the decals have a slight change , no dick cepek decal on the wing , its got some kind of mooncraft decal and the front pennzoil decal is obviously changed to forward lol.

The gt tuned motor also gets a decal to make it look like a technipower but that hasnt been set in concrete.

Pretty much as predicted then. Shame about the Dick Cepek decal but no great surprise really. It will be interesting to see what a large (yellow?) Mooncraft decal looks like on that rear wing.

Tamiya must still have some kind of rights to use the Mooncraft name then?

Right after reading Wandys comment I understand it a bit better, my brain doesn't work during the day I need to get back on nights!

I did a quick look through the manual online here, looks like an intriguing car and interesting build, still not keen on the body, so may wait and see what price it ends up with at my LHS and go from there..

I believe the wing decal could be white , some of the finer points may be changed i was also told.

The pictures i was shown are not able to be copied but after speaking with my guy and in particular about the metro hobbies leak they are playing within the rules by announcing the release and using any pics other than the official ones given to dealers hence why some are using vtg pics 

Do any of you remember the Robbe Firefox? I didn't know Tamiya licensed out their kits to anybody but Futaba, and it looks too good to be a cheap knockoff. As a kid, I only saw this in RCCA, but remember it looked like a Bigwig on the 4th of July.

A big thanks to Beefmuffin for the RCCA archive earlier this year! Sorry for the poor quality screen shots.

Robbe Firefox 1.png

Robbe Firefox 2.png

• Like 2

Yep, I remember the Robbe Firefox. I have that issue of RCCA in my archives. I think they reviewed the Tamiya Super G that month too. Anywho, I distinctly remember author, Fred Murphy (who'd been with RCCA nearly from the beginning), referring to the car as being similar to the "once-famous Tamiya Big Wig" (his words). I don't think he came away too impressed by Robbe's knockoff if memory serves though. I think the Firefox was the last car I saw advertised by Robbe in the mag before they disappeared (at least in print).

AAAaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! I've taken too long amassing parts for my Bigwig build!

I guess it figures. I got started on SRBs and then the Rough Rider was re-re'd. Bought a Blitzer Beetle to restore just as the re-re was announced. Decided to try and make a Super Champ but took too long... then the Fighting Buggy happened. Managed to get my vintage Monster Beetle finished (more or less :P ) just as that re-re got announced...

Come to think about it... Are there any model you guys want re-re'd? If I start doing them as projects then they're sure to get re-re'd! :D

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

AAAaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! I've taken too long amassing parts for my Bigwig build!

I guess it figures. I got started on SRBs and then the Rough Rider was re-re'd. Bought a Blitzer Beetle to restore just as the re-re was announced. Decided to try and make a Super Champ but took too long... then the Fighting Buggy happened. Managed to get my vintage Monster Beetle finished (more or less :P ) just as that re-re got announced...

Come to think about it... Are there any model you guys want re-re'd? If I start doing them as projects then they're sure to get re-re'd! :D

Keep the original for the shelf and run a re-re... easy!

• Like 3

y'know what? I honestly thought that the Bigwig would never be re-re'd so I thought I'd go ahead and take my time building one. I just didn't think it was popular enough to have the same nostalgia value as something like the Monster Beetle or the Rough Rider. It's definitely nowhere near as sexy as the Avante. The Avante is the only re-re I 'waited' for and, at the high price it was, I'm also glad I had saved enough to afford it.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:47 PM, qatmix said:

The cost on the website is less than £200 which is a good price. I am tempted to get one. 

Anyone know a definite UK price on the re-re Bigwig yet or is the above a good estimate?

2 hours ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

Anyone know a definite UK price on the re-re Bigwig yet or is the above a good estimate?

We can only currently go off the price that Metro Hobbies quoted, which was 16% cheaper than their equivalent Super Hotshot price. So that would give a Bigwig UK price in the £170/£180 ballpark.

On ‎2016‎년 ‎11‎월 ‎12‎일 at 8:50 PM, chickenman242tk said:

no dick cepek decal on the wing

It's a pity Dick Cepek logo seems to leave out from re-re.
It was one of my main concerns about re-re decal.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tamiya even replace Mooncraft with other titles like Vise Crawler.

20 hours ago, tillmon said:

The only problem with Seidel is that they do not sell abroad if the kit contains electronics…  That's too bad their prices are ok!

You just need to email the chap, hes a decent guy...he'll just take out the speed controller an jobs a gud un

• Like 1

I thought that there would have been a mass dumping of Bigwigs and the associated parts on ebay by now but it hasn't really happened as yet. Maybe people still won't believe the news until finally confirmed by Tamiya themselves?

On 14/11/2016 at 8:25 PM, anytimebaby said:

You just need to email the chap, hes a decent guy...he'll just take out the speed controller an jobs a gud un

Tried that on a kit recently and he wouldn't.