Wandy

Bigwig re-release #47330

More likely they didn't have it quite ready to show I expect. Like the BF that also wasn't ready. Ho hum, hope 2017 will be more exciting for us!

I'm perfectly fine with a delay as I've been spending my money of flying FPV and it gives my bank account a chance to catch up lol.

• Like 3

The only reason I can see why Tamiya is not re-issuing kits at the same pace it used to, is because sales must have dropped significantly.

The last two re-res we were given are the BF an MB. Mostly just a lousy reconfiguration of existing parts in a new box.

And their 2016 Tamiya Fair portfolio is the most pathetic I have seen in years.

Ah yeah, and the latest Tamiyablog entry right now is a video showing a 1:1 new Honda NSX leaving Tamiya Fair.

Are they for real?

51 minutes ago, advantum said:

The only reason I can see why Tamiya is not re-issuing kits at the same pace it used to, is because sales must have dropped significantly.

Actually, the pace of re-release kits has still been quite consistent as they have rarely ever reissued more than two a year. This year we have had one so it's only a little bit less than usual but if the Bigwig comes in February that will still have been 3 within 18 months. I would say it's more food for thought that they have hardly released anything new at all this year, amid rumours of the RC hobby being in decline. Maybe it's only the re-releases that remain the strong sellers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theibault said:

I'm perfectly fine with a delay as I've been spending my money of flying FPV and it gives my bank account a chance to catch up lol.

I'll second that with the bank account!:rolleyes: I didn't go for the Blackfoot because (just my honest opinion) I thought it was a lame and very lazy attempt at a re-re and the hassle I had with my monster beetle drive train I'd had enough of that type of RC!, But I think what Tamiya have done with there lack of new rc's in there range is unwittingly let the like of kyosho muscle in! I for one wouldn't have give the optima a chance had Tamiya been a bit more forthcoming with models but my attentions focused on the optima and what a fantastic RC car it is to build and run (even though it's on the expensive side) and I for one am looking forward to the turbo scorpion and Tamiya in my mind "at the moment" are kinda taking a back seat!, Don't get me wrong Tamiya can and do blow other manufacturers out the water (so to speak) with a lot of there models the SRB range for one! Toyota bruiser etc etc so maybe they are just taking stock of what direction there gona go next? A whole new SRB maybe?!;)

• Like 3

We also had the ta02sw Jägermeister Porsche this year. But yes really a slow year for Tamiya. Happy that Kyosho is stepping up the game with amazing rere's. Would love Tamiya to do the same though.

• Like 1

My take on it is that they don't have a car to show yet, they've gone out to their world wide distributors asking for anticipated order numbers, so as they know how many build runs may be required. The pics sent out with the info were definitely not of the new kit, hence them asking for the information not to be posted on the internet.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

My take on it is that they don't have a car to show yet, they've gone out to their world wide distributors asking for anticipated order numbers, so as they know how many build runs may be required. The pics sent out with the info were definitely not of the new kit, hence them asking for the information not to be posted on the internet.

That sounds like a very plausible answer to the bigwig! Let's hope February's hobby show brings what we normally see from Tamiya but to be honest quite a lot of RC car manufacturers have had a quiet year (hpi had gone bust! Luckily now bought out! ) Traxxas haven't done anything that has the wow factor just tarted up the range they have!, I think at the moment the only growth in RC is drones and the powers that be that run our country (united kingdom) are on a mission in trying to ban them! justified in some cases but it does seem to be a trend in this country that if a craze starts up hobbies or not someone will call for it to be banned:rolleyes:!

what will be the run on these?...will they last as long as the sand scorch? or as long as the Buggy champ?...cant find a buggy champ now...you can find a sand scorch now....

2 hours ago, skinned said:

what will be the run on these?...will they last as long as the sand scorch? or as long as the Buggy champ?...cant find a buggy champ now...you can find a sand scorch now....

I think this kit will get a very short run, maybe something similar to the Top Force, Thunder Shot & Manta Ray, which was a matter of months. I think that would probably be the smart thing to do too as I don't see many people buying them. I have always thought the Bigwig was a niche buggy with a small band of hardcore enthusiasts and it seems that Tamiya think that too, what with the 47xxx item number. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I think this kit will get a very short run, maybe something similar to the Top Force, Thunder Shot & Manta Ray, which was a matter of months. I think that would probably be the smart thing to do too as I don't see many people buying them. I have always thought the Bigwig was a niche buggy with a small band of hardcore enthusiasts and it seems that Tamiya think that too, what with the 47xxx item number. 

Yep, this is my view, very limited run imho

Is nothing sacred !

Just messing around ,hope everybody who has wanted this kit gets to enjoy it.

Its the Blazing Blazer I'm waiting for :rolleyes:

When re-re Bigwig are come in market someday, I hope Tamiya consider re-releasing Hotshot2 next it.

HS2 was my first Tamiya rc car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

Is nothing sacred !

Just messing around ,hope everybody who has wanted this kit gets to enjoy it.

Its the Blazing Blazer I'm waiting for :rolleyes:

Pssst! Don't mention a Blazing Blazer re-re. Discussing this topic on here got me once banned from the site, cause some dude got upset about the idea of a BB being re-issued. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Blazing blazer was a seriously good looking truck but do we really want it amongst the re-re's?, IMO its the old saying "never meet your idol" I could never afford it back in the day it was massively expensive i use to just look at it in beatties in amazement but last year I had a friend who managed to get one (still expensive but in mint condition) I couldn't wait to see it go and I've got to admit as beautiful as it was dare I say it was a bit knaff when it was bopping around the garden and I felt a bit sad and deflated because I so wanted it to go as fantastic as it looked:rolleyes:!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, moffman said:

Blazing blazer was a seriously good looking truck but do we really want it amongst the re-re's?

Erm, yes we do! If they can shoehorn the Bruiser 2012 transmission into that old rail chassis then the rest should be a doddle. Hopefully they are working on it right now. :)

• Like 1

Well I hope your wishes are granted:)! I had the bruiser I got it second hand again fabulous looking truck re-painted it rover grey put a light set on it!, Beautiful looking sitting on the shelf!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wandy said:

RC Jaz now have this listed http://www.rcjaz.co.uk/tamiya-47330-110-the-bigwig-2017-rerelease-p-90076004.html

I wonder if Tamiya will release this without any special kind of announcement, in a "Quickstrike" sort of fashion? Unlikely I know, but you never know with this company these days.

No price on it yet. I suspect this won't be around long and will sell well.

On 23/11/2016 at 11:10 PM, moffman said:

Blazing blazer was a seriously good looking truck but do we really want it amongst the re-re's?, IMO its the old saying "never meet your idol" I could never afford it back in the day it was massively expensive i use to just look at it in beatties in amazement but last year I had a friend who managed to get one (still expensive but in mint condition) I couldn't wait to see it go and I've got to admit as beautiful as it was dare I say it was a bit knaff when it was bopping around the garden and I felt a bit sad and deflated because I so wanted it to go as fantastic as it looked:rolleyes:!

I was like that with my original bruiser, an absolutely gorgeous vehicle to look at and an engineering marvel, now and in 1985, but my goodness they are a stiff rattley clunky old cumbersome truck to run! :)

• Like 3

Even though I've been spending all my RC time recently flying FPV mini quads, I went ahead and pre ordered my BigWig today. Can't wait to get this beauty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theibault said:

Even though I've been spending all my RC time recently flying FPV mini quads, I went ahead and pre ordered my BigWig today. Can't wait to get this beauty.

How can you order something that hasn't been announced its being released?:huh:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, moffman said:

How can you order something that hasn't been announced its being released?:huh:

I ordered it as a back order. 

• Like 1